Chicago on Allure...hard to get tix?

Hubs and I are planning a cruise for our 10 yr anniversary. We've only been on one before with RCCI for our honeymoon and loved it! Vowed to go every year, but then the honeymoon-baby came along and life got in the way...

I'm a HUGE Chicago fan and would love to be reassured that it will still be running on the Allure in Feb 2014! I was also wondering on a ship that size, how difficult might it be to actually get tix to see it on the one night it shows!!!!!?? I'd hate to base all my cruising decision on this one show and then not get to see it! Just tell me to go to NYC and see it, if you honestly think I'm crazy! :o

Hubs and I are planning a cruise for our 10 yr anniversary. We've only been on one before with RCCI for our honeymoon and loved it! Vowed to go every year, but then the honeymoon-baby came along and life got in the way...

I'm a HUGE Chicago fan and would love to be reassured that it will still be running on the Allure in Feb 2014! I was also wondering on a ship that size, how difficult might it be to actually get tix to see it on the one night it shows!!!!!?? I'd hate to base all my cruising decision on this one show and then not get to see it! Just tell me to go to NYC and see it, if you honestly think I'm crazy! :o

It shows more than once. No problem getting the time you want. You select times for all shows online about 60 days before the cruise

It shows more than once. No problem getting the time you want. You select times for all shows online about 60 days before the cruise

Yes, we were on Allure 2 weeks ago, and there were at least 3 shows - if you book online in advance, you'll be fine.
Absolutely book as far in advance as Royal will let you for the cruise you are on. We didn't book anything in advance and when we got onboard, all the good times were taken. Also found out that people booking a couple weeks in advance didn't do much better than we did concerning the show times. So book early.

Tim

On the Allure and Oasis - plan plan and plan more. Make sure to get reservations for the shows the comedy reservation is the hardest to get. Do some preliminary planning for must sees, specialty restaurants and other nonreserved shows like love and marriage and quest. Some kind of daily planner will be helpful so you don't double book or miss something you want to do.

On the Allure and Oasis - plan plan and plan more. Make sure to get reservations for the shows the comedy reservation is the hardest to get. Do some preliminary planning for must sees, specialty restaurants and other nonreserved shows like love and marriage and quest. Some kind of daily planner will be helpful so you don't double book or miss something you want to do.

Thanks for the advice. We are sailing New Years so I know it will be a full ship. Is 60 days out the earliest we can book shows, etc.?

Thanks for the advice. We are sailing New Years so I know it will be a full ship. Is 60 days out the earliest we can book shows, etc.?

I believe online booking is available closer to 45 days out. I would definitely begin checking at the 60 days mark.

As well, if by chance the show is "sold out" for reservations (and you don't reserve a seat, just a place in the theater), there is a "standby line" where guests without reservations will be waiting. There is absolutely still a chance you can get in if you must wait standby, not to worry. Also, as stated these big ships take planning, BUT remember that it is your vacation and well, sometimes you just don't feel like doing what you thought you might want to do or feel you should do. You can simply choose not to go to a show and your "place" will be given to someone who is waiting in the standby line. No big deal.

Go in with an open mind and a willing spirit, and you will do just fine. :)

Also, for an up to date schedule, when it gets close to the sail date, go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=AL

Scroll down to bottom of the page to ENTERTAINMENT & SHOPPING to click on ...

Entertainment venues' Showtimes at a Glance

I also recommend pre-reserving seats (there are no actual tickets) online. If you are not able to do so, I believe you can reserve once onboard since some seats are held back by Royal Caribbean. I think you can go to Studio B AS SOON AS YOU BOARD! to book shows.

Anyone else have more info on this?!

I believe online booking is available closer to 45 days out. I would definitely begin checking at the 60 days mark.

Actually on some sailings shows can open up 90 days or more before sailing. It all depends on when the cruise line gets the headliners and comedians lined up.

We sail on Allure in June and our reservations opened up the end of February so almost 4 months before sailing. On the other hand, have heard of Oasis sailings in May not being open yet so it is a crap shoot. You just need to keep checking, or stay up to date on your roll call in case other are :D.

To the OP, as others have mentioned, you will get a seat to see Chicago. The earlier you get your reservations taken care the more likely you will get the performance you want. There are enough "tickets" for everyone, just everyone can't go to the same performance.

By booking early you also avoid standing in long lines. I dislike standing in long lines on vacation, so I pre-book everything I can. Then I just have to show up at the right time. I pre-booked all of our shows for our April 28 sailing on the day the bookings were open. We may not go to them all, but at least they are there if we want. We will probably go to them all as we are fans of the shows onboard the ships anyway.

Unless RCI has released the commitments for a particular show like Chicago already, I doubt if anyone can really guarantee to you that any one show will be playing this far in advance. Don't let that stop you from booking the ship, though. It is a full week of cruising on a marvelous ship and you CAN rest assured that RCI will be putting on a marvelous Broadway production of some sort on this ship. Perhaps someone else knows how far out the contract for Chicago on the Allure runs?

We sail on the Allure in 27 days. On our Meet & Mingle thread, everyone kept looking for the reservations to open and when they did, I went to the RCCL site and booked all the shows we wanted to see. Ours opened at about 60 days, give or take a day or two, but any cruise is likely to vary.

It does take a bit of organization, especially when paired with MTD, but I think it will be worth it. I was able to book all my preferred times.

Off topic:

"Muster Station Donut" makes me chuckle every time. Not sure how you did that, but I think it is great.

OWD

Also, for an up to date schedule, when it gets close to the sail date, go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=AL

Scroll down to bottom of the page to ENTERTAINMENT & SHOPPING to click on ...

Entertainment venues' Showtimes at a Glance

I also recommend pre-reserving seats (there are no actual tickets) online. If you are not able to do so, I believe you can reserve once onboard since some seats are held back by Royal Caribbean. I think you can go to Studio B AS SOON AS YOU BOARD! to book shows.

Anyone else have more info on this?!

This is accurate, if you didn't book in advance on line, OR if you did but decide you want a different time now that you are also juggling dinner times, etc. As soon as you board which I hope is around 11 a.m. go directly to Studio B, which will open at 11 for entertainment bookings. There will be multiple staff members helping people book their entertainment and believe me even that line gets long after twelve.

Its also a good idea to try and book your aqua shows and ice shows earlier in the cruise as if the weather is rocking the boat, or its raining, they often get cancelled. If your shows were earlier on the cruise, you'll have time to reschedule them.

Will we great an e-mail letting us know when reservations open up?

We sail on the Allure in November and I don't want to miss anything!

They will send an email, but it may not be when they open up. Ours have been open for almost a month and still no email. Did get them on the last cruise so assuming they still do it.

Best to watch yourself. Not hard to do, just takes a few minutes a day.

This is very true - I have never done as much planning beforehand as I did with our Oasis cruise but it was so worth it not having to worry about reservations when you got on board. I made a spreadsheet with our dinner reservations and entertainment schedule and also with our plans for the days. Then when we got on the ship we could just enjoy the time. I realize some people don't like having to 'schedule' your vacation but sure made it more enjoyable for us.

The comedy show only holds about 100 people so plan ahead for that one.

Archived