Yet Another Question on the 123 Classic Drinks Package

judatt

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I haven't seen this one so here goes. My wife and I booked our med cruise when you could choose 2 of the 123 options and so we chose the $300 OBC and the drinks package. Even though we are tee totalers regarding alcohol we thought we would drink enough virgin pina colada's, soda's, sparkling water's, coffee's and tea's that we would be better off than taking the free gratuities.

Now I see that one of our favorites - San Pelligrino - is not included in the classic package. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried or had any luck in trading the classic alcohol package for a premium nonalcohol package. The difference in price for the packages is substantial and would be in Celebrity's favor but I'm thinking rules are rules and they wouldn't allow this.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

I know Host Andy asked Celebrity for some of us that don't drink, if we could get the premium non-alcohol instead, and he was told no. :(

Thanks Wednesday. That is what I figured but thought I would ask. By the way, I think we are on the same cruise this summer - June 22 out of Barcelona! Look forward to meeting you. David

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I haven't seen this one so here goes. My wife and I booked our med cruise when you could choose 2 of the 123 options and so we chose the $300 OBC and the drinks package. Even though we are tee totalers regarding alcohol we thought we would drink enough virgin pina colada's, soda's, sparkling water's, coffee's and tea's that we would be better off than taking the free gratuities.

Now I see that one of our favorites - San Pelligrino - is not included in the classic package. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried or had any luck in trading the classic alcohol package for a premium nonalcohol package. The difference in price for the packages is substantial and would be in Celebrity's favor but I'm thinking rules are rules and they wouldn't allow this.

Yup, I asked this question, and was told the answer was no. Wish I had better news for you.

Thanks Wednesday. That is what I figured but thought I would ask. By the way, I think we are on the same cruise this summer - June 22 out of Barcelona! Look forward to meeting you. David

Yep, we are! I am going to propose an informal meet up on embarkation day, we usually do this on every cruise.:)

Ask your waiter when you get on board. I will be surprised if they won't give you the Pellegrino.

On the two cruises where we have had beverage packages, the packages were cumulative as you went up the price ladder....everything that was included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic and the Premium Non-Alcoholic packages was included in the Classic Alcoholic package. After all, the Premium Non-Alcoholic package was $18.00 per day plus tips, and the Classic Alcoholic package was $44.00 per day plus tips.

I will be seriously choked if this is no longer the case.

Yep, we are! I am going to propose an informal meet up on embarkation day, we usually do this on every cruise.:)

Sounds great - look forward to it. Are you all going to Barcelona early? We arrive on 6/20 - never been to Barcelona and hope to see most of the sights.

Ask your waiter when you get on board. I will be surprised if they won't give you the Pellegrino.

On the two cruises where we have had beverage packages, the packages were cumulative as you went up the price ladder....everything that was included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic and the Premium Non-Alcoholic packages was included in the Classic Alcoholic package. After all, the Premium Non-Alcoholic package was $18.00 per day plus tips, and the Classic Alcoholic package was $44.00 per day plus tips.

That would be great - love to be able to have San Pelligrino :D.

I believe you can get perrier.......if that is any consolation

This is counter to what most people report here.

I would be surprised if they did and it is a big bottle. Just to clarify you had the classic alcoholic package and were able to get the large bottle of Pellegrino?

Has anyone tried to upgrade the 1, 2, 3 package to premium for just one person and not the other in the stateroom while on board?

Sue there have been a number of recent reports that they allowed it on the ship.....even though it isn't being done on land......

Sounds great - look forward to it. Are you all going to Barcelona early? We arrive on 6/20 - never been to Barcelona and hope to see most of the sights.

Going a day early, our friends are going a couple of days early. I have been twice but once we flew in the day of the cruise and the other the day before so I haven't seen anything outside of the Ramblas:( My husband couldn't take anymore days off of work or we would be spending more time there.

Archived