Breakaway May 26 (SUnday)

Nevertoolate

Usually, I'd say yes, but there are a couple of factors at work here that might make this timeline too tight.

The Breakaway is a much larger ship than has been regularly berthed in NY in the past, so there may be a question of whether there will be sufficient CBP agents on duty to quickly process passengers through customs and immigration...particularly with potential furloughs caused by the budget sequester.

It's Fleet Week, and in my experience that results in much heavier than normal traffic in the area, making it difficult for taxis and car services to pick up passengers. We now avoid cruising from NY that week because of delays we've encountered in the past.

The budget sequester could also mean longer processing times through TSA security checkpoints at the airport.

Personally, I'd book a later flight.

• 1 month later...
On our last ncl cruise getting back to NYC on a Sunday, we hot through customs at 10:45 after early walk off. I have since learned that there are issues sometimes, particularly on Sundays.

just curious what issues you had on Sundays in NYC? Thanks

just curious what issues you had on Sundays in NYC? Thanks

Sounds like shortage of inspectors. When the lines get long they will stop calling groups to leave the ship. Who knows how much the sequester is playing on how many inspectors are present.

Archived