Well Now, This Is a Lovely Surprise.......

sail7seas

Thanks KK, your kind response humbled me. I think I was feeling pin envy instead of celebrating my achievement. I am proud of my pin 2 star so I will wear it with pride. Thank you. :)

Dam straight!! Wear your 2 star with pride! We have worn every pin we received from HAL with the same attitude: happy to have achieved the next level. A two star pin should mean a lot to you and you should be celebrating it! I hope to run into you someday so I can congratulate you for wearing the pin of the moment instead of chucking it into a drawer!!

Welcome to the "friends of the HAL pin club"!!!

Just wanted to say that I just read this thread for the first time and am sitting here smiling. Thanks for such a positive "conversation". It makes me glad that I sail with HAL and cruisers like you all. It's posts like these that make me wish we had a "like" button.

Congrats everyone on your pins and Mariner Status. I will now where my 2-star pin with pride. :)

Just wanted to say that I just read this thread for the first time and am sitting here smiling. Thanks for such a positive "conversation". It makes me glad that I sail with HAL and cruisers like you all. It's posts like these that make me wish we had a "like" button.

Congrats everyone on your pins and Mariner Status. I will now where my 2-star pin with pride. :)

Thanks for your post! HAL cruisers are the best!

I hope you do wear your 2 star pin! Never hestitate to talk to pax wearing pins: it is an entree to meeting people and just look what we all have in common!

Thanks KK, I really have been looking forward to this new level. I think because when they started this new 'star' thing we automatically were '4' star's, this time we had to take another cruise to get there and quite frankly I will admit I was jealous of you, Sails, SilvertoGold and others for already being there.:D:D Of course you all have many, many more days then we do so they should extend the star level to '6' for those over 1,000 days.

What do you think?

OK, I'll vote for that! But maybe at 700 days?

HAL is possibly thinking of something between 5 star and President's Club, but they also will have to come up with more rewards, which I think will be harder and harder!

5 star Mariners are 500 days.

Maybe HAL should think 800 days for 6 stars. That is halfaway between 500 and 1100 days to be in the President's Club.

DH & I will qualify for our 3 star pins while we're on our Mediterranean Empires cruise this May. Will we get our pins (and perks) while we're on board or will we need to wait until next year's cruise?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I can't wait to qualify for 5 stars! You are my heroes!!

You will have to wait for your first cruise after reaching the new Star Level until you receive the benefits associated with being Three Stars.

Congratulations in advance for your new level. :)

DH & I will qualify for our 3 star pins while we're on our Mediterranean Empires cruise this May. Will we get our pins (and perks) while we're on board or will we need to wait until next year's cruise?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I can't wait to qualify for 5 stars! You are my heroes!!

Thanks for your nice comments! Although you will have to wait until next year, you will receive in the mail your 3 star pins sometime after you return home from this Med. cruise.

If, as Pathfinderess says, she can walk around the house with the little 5 star bag and I can actually wear my 5 star pin around the house, then you can do the same!

Have a great cruise: that is a good one!

Funny, I thought the 2 star pin was a little hokey and just stuck them in my jewellery box. Maybe I will wear them next cruise after all...whenever that may be. It is an accomplishment and I just wasn't looking at it that way :cool:

I have an off-topic question, but I know you experienced HAL cruisers will have the answer. This is our first embarkation from a foreign port. Do they still hold the Embarkation Luncheon in the Dining Room? Boarding in Venice starts at 1:00 -- a little late for lunch!

Thanks!

I have an off-topic question, but I know you experienced HAL cruisers will have the answer. This is our first embarkation from a foreign port. Do they still hold the Embarkation Luncheon in the Dining Room? Boarding in Venice starts at 1:00 -- a little late for lunch!

Thanks!

In answer to the basic question, yes, luncheon is served when boarding in foreign ports.

I am wondering where you got the idea that boarding in Venice will start at 1:00 PM? If it's from the documents, then know that the documents always say that, so don't trust that source.

When I boarded in Venice, check-in started at 11:30, and boarding at noon. I was a little surprised at the times, as both were 1/2 hour later than I am used to anywhere else.

Funny, I thought the 2 star pin was a little hokey and just stuck them in my jewellery box. Maybe I will wear them next cruise after all...whenever that may be. It is an accomplishment and I just wasn't looking at it that way :cool:

Absolutely an accomplishment! Glad to hear that you will wear yours!!

BY ALL Means, wear and enjoy your pin.

You have earned it. :)

Congratulations.

We made 2 star after our cruise this February and there was a 2 star pin waiting for us when we got home from Florida

Question: Should we have gotten two pins since my husband and I have sailed the same number of days on HAL?

Just to update, we did get a second pin - one arrived at our address and one at my daughter's address - our mail goes there while we are gone. they must have been sent on different days so one got forwarded.

All is well!!

My next cruise I'll be awarded my 700 day metal. I'm still waiting to receive the new 5 star pin. I think they forgot me. Anyone else qualified still waiting?

I would Call Mariners Society

800-547-9139

They are extremely helpful and will see to it you receive your Five Star Pin.

Congratulations on soon receiving your Platinum Medallion. :)

Just to update, we did get a second pin - one arrived at our address and one at my daughter's address - our mail goes there while we are gone. they must have been sent on different days so one got forwarded.

All is well!!

Good news, Eva.

Happy you now have both your Pins. :)

Dam straight!! Wear your 2 star with pride! We have worn every pin we received from HAL with the same attitude: happy to have achieved the next level. A two star pin should mean a lot to you and you should be celebrating it! I hope to run into you someday so I can congratulate you for wearing the pin of the moment instead of chucking it into a drawer!!

Welcome to the "friends of the HAL pin club"!!!

Thank you Sail, SilvertoGold and KK. To get such great support means so much. I think it is really telling Lessa123 and musicismylife shared my apprehensions on wearing our pins and you turned us all around and brought us in to the family in such a nice way. I used the word humble in my post deliberately because I think it is a very powerful word and frame of mind and for all of you with such a strong HAL pedigree to rally the 2 stars means so much.

I hadn't really noticed or looked for people wearing pins but now I will and make a point to introduce myself and shake THEIR hands.

My pin is in my travel bag waiting for my next cruise!

Thank you Sail, SilvertoGold and KK. To get such great support means so much. I think it is really telling Lessa123 and musicismylife shared my apprehensions on wearing our pins and you turned us all around and brought us in to the family in such a nice way. I used the word humble in my post deliberately because I think it is a very powerful word and frame of mind and for all of you with such a strong HAL pedigree to rally the 2 stars means so much.

I hadn't really noticed or looked for people wearing pins but now I will and make a point to introduce myself and shake THEIR hands.

My pin is in my travel bag waiting for my next cruise!

:) TWO Thumbs Up!!!!

Look at all the great new folks you'll be meeting because of recognizing the Mariners Pins.

Good show!!!

In answer to the basic question, yes, luncheon is served when boarding in foreign ports.

I am wondering where you got the idea that boarding in Venice will start at 1:00 PM? If it's from the documents, then know that the documents always say that, so don't trust that source.

When I boarded in Venice, check-in started at 11:30, and boarding at noon. I was a little surprised at the times, as both were 1/2 hour later than I am used to anywhere else.

Thanks, Ruth. You're right -- 1:00 pm was what the docs said. Good to know that we can board earlier!

BTW, we still hope you'll be on our Alaska cruise next year. DH says he wants to hear the anniversary songs!:p

Edi

Archived