Alcohol now being destroyed

antsp

You need to read or re-read this.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5291

I don't follow. You asked why people would want to bring alcohol on board and have it stored until the end of the cruise. I replied with a couple of reasons. The fact that it may or not be possible any longer (and this is the crux of this now 550+ post thread) wasn't the point of my reply, nor was it the point of the question you posted.

You need to read or re-read this.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5291

I have read it and it means we cannot bring anything we might be wanting to take home with us after our cruise. We fly into the US a day or two earlier to make sure flight delays will not interfere with cruises. So we make our purchases in advance of a cruise since we then fly out right after the cruise. However since these items cannot be carried on any more we pack them very carefully into our checked luggage at the end of our cruise. Princess would now longer allow us this option. That is not acceptable since we are not doing anything wrong!

• Administrators
As I had previously stated in the deleted thread (I wonder if Princess influenced that deletion), they seriously botched this new policy implementation.

Very bad form, Princess. :(

Stop wondering; I've never received a request from Princess or any other cruise line for that matter attempting to influence the removal of postings on our forums.

There's still at least the theoretical possibility of denial of service. If you order additional alcohol and the room service waiter or whomever brings it and sees you are completely inebriated, they can refuse the transaction.

The issue is not of quantity but control. If you order a case of Johnny Walker each day, they are going to keep an eye on your balcony :)

Since you can order on board (or have been given gifts of) 375ml bottles of liquor that will be delivered to your cabin, they all can be consumed without any monitoring by Princess employees.

If Princess is concerned about over consumption of alcohol by passengers, then they would not sell any bottles of liquor on board by room service.

Since you can purchase and consume as many bottles of liquor as you want on board, bringing liquor/wine onboard should make no difference except for being a loss of onboard revenue to Princess.

Stop wondering; I've never received a request from Princess or any other cruise line for that matter attempting to influence the removal of postings on our forums.

Thank you, Laura.

I realize that a few posts toward the end got a little heated, but the thread contained very valuable information for both Princess and her passengers. Could the last posts just be deleted and the thread reinstated?

Thanks again,

I believe this is still an open question. It may depends on how the B2B is booked, as one itinerary or two...

I hope I not repeating this question, but what happens if you are doing a 10 day back to back cruise and do not get off the ship in between the 2 cruises? Can you each bring 2 bottles of wine onboard at embarkation?

Sorry to ask another alcohol related question but if I don't bring a bottle of wine on at embarkation can I bring a bottle on at a subsequent port?

I am embarking in Athens but would like to get my wine in Italy.

Actually someone back on the thread indicated they are tracking it by cabin, once you use your allottment whenever, your account is charged additional..

I doubt Princess will be keeping track of who used the allowed bottle in which port. It will probably be one bottle without corkage at embarkation. All others get the fee.

Actually someone back on the thread indicated they are tracking it by cabin, once you use your allotment whenever, your account is charged additional..

Seems logical. They obviously have the soft wear to track purchase all over the ship so it should be pretty easy to just add the number of bottles you bring on board to your account and charge for all but the first for each adult.

I hope I not repeating this question, but what happens if you are doing a 10 day back to back cruise and do not get off the ship in between the 2 cruises? Can you each bring 2 bottles of wine onboard at embarkation?

On B2B's ALL passengers are required to disembark then re-embark on the B2B transition.

On B2B's ALL passengers are required to disembark then re-embark on the B2B transition.

Being required to disembark for "ALL passengers" during a B2B transition is not always the situation. In Copenhagen during the transition day we only had to go to the Vista Lounge to get a new cruise card and photo & were not required to disembark.

It depends on the turnaround port. In the US, I believe b2b passengers must get off and clear immigration before reboarding. In most foriegn ports, b2b passengers just have to go to the top of the gangway to activate their new card. They do not have to get off the ship.

Correct me if I am wrong (LOL, like that wouldn't happen anyway) but the destroying of liquor was only from someones checked luggage at embarkation, correct? (considered to be smuggling)

If you had it in you carry-on and asked to have it stored for you to take off at the end of the cruise, would that request not be granted?

I too have read all of these posts and perhaps pathetically I am looking forward to the next. This has been much more entertaining than most tv. I've laughed learned a bit reversed a tightly held opinion based on feedback from knowledgeable posters. I'm a bit amazed that one post could generate such a reaction. Think if we could band together and tackle a little more deserving situation. Imo only. Best jule

Correct me if I am wrong (LOL, like that wouldn't happen anyway) but the destroying of liquor was only from someones checked luggage at embarkation, correct? (considered to be smuggling)

If you had it in you carry-on and asked to have it stored for you to take off at the end of the cruise, would that request not be granted?

They have stated they are not in the storage business.

I believe it makes no difference carryon/checked luggage it would be destroyed either way if it falls unser the policy requiring that.

On Princess Facebook site this was posted 8+hrs ago so apologies if it has already been mentioned:

Princess i'm currently on the Dawn Princess and i have the latest patter and it still states that only one bottle of wine per person to be brought on at emabarkment and any other alcohol purchased ashore will be returned at the end of the cruise but no mention of the $15 corkage fee

To which they replied:

We regret the miscommunication about our new alcohol policy. We will be in touch with ships management.

On Princess Facebook site this was posted 8+hrs ago so apologies if it has already been mentioned:

Princess i'm currently on the Dawn Princess and i have the latest patter and it still states that only one bottle of wine per person to be brought on at emabarkment and any other alcohol purchased ashore will be returned at the end of the cruise but no mention of the $15 corkage fee

To which they replied:

We regret the miscommunication about our new alcohol policy. We will be in touch with ships management.

Totally unbelievable. Can't they read the luggage tags? What a mess Princess has created.

A full shot of a watered down bottle is still a short shot. As far as Princess caring about all this, I think you will shortly see why they must.

Oh, so now they water it down in the bottles. Is there no end to the ridiculous conspiracy theories some people will entertain? Hey, I bet Princess actually contacts vineyards and has them water down the wine and champers before corking the bottles! I guess all that beautiful garnet-red Cabernet was watered down and then they added just enough food colouring to make it look right.

That's right - when Princess brings the liquor on board, they open it all and pour half into the bottles used from the last cruise then top them all off with water (probably gray water from the water system so that they can alleviate the cost of treating it - besides the alcohol will kill the germs), they add the right amount of food coloring mixed perfectly to reflect the type of alcohol, and then they have a bottle cap sealer on Deck 1 that they run all of the bottles through that includes affixing the tape on top that shows the bottle has not been tampered with. Why do you think they have instituted the $15 corkage fee? It's to offset the cost of watering down all that alcohol.

Sometimes I doubt Princess’ business decisions, but there’s never been any evidence of them doing something without knowing exactly how the result of their actions will affect their market. I’m hoping the revelation that we will see shortly as to why Princess will care about all of this will be more earth shattering than that one about the amenities on Royal Princess.

There's still at least the theoretical possibility of denial of service. If you order additional alcohol and the room service waiter or whomever brings it and sees you are completely inebriated, they can refuse the transaction.

The issue is not of quantity but control. If you order a case of Johnny Walker each day, they are going to keep an eye on your balcony :)

I hope so. The inebriated tend to act stupidly and fall over.

.......as in OVERBOARD.

And, who needs that - including the inebriated?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Archived