How many pictures did you take on your cruise?

CruzAllNight

How many pictures a day?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many pictures a day?

• 21 to 40
    • 41 to 60
    • >60

Let's do a little math.

4 days x 24hours = 96 hours

If you only sleep 6 hours a day you now have 4 x 6 = 24, 96 - 24 = 72 hours

You need to eat so that's 3 hours a day (this is a cruise) 3 x 4 = 12, 72 - 12 = 60 hours left

It will take an hour a day to dress 1 x 4 = 5, 60 - 4 = 56

You of course will watch some shows or do some on-board activity say 3 hours a day 3 x 4 = 12, 56 - 12 = 44

You have two stop and shore ex each take 5 hous, 5 x 2 = 10, 48 - 10 = 34

You have a spa treatment for 1 hour 34 - 1 = 33

Dancing/reading/relaxing take up 32 hours, 33 - 32 = 1 hour

You have one hour to take 500 pics.

500/60 mins = 8.3 a sec. I hope your camera is very fast. :) ;)

Most people unless all they do is take pics will not use up the 500 shots. I believe you have enough for whatever you plan. Suggest a water camera for those under water shots.

I was on cruise in May to Alaska. I took 397 pictures. I have a digital camera, so I can pretty much take as many as I want. Have several disks for the camera. When we got home we ended up ordering about 250 of them. There was so many amazing sights to see, I was constantly taking pictures. My wife kept telling me to put the camera away because I was not enjoying the sights. If it were a Carribean cruise, I dont think I would taken that many pictures.

Took pictures in Glacier Bay, College Fjords, Sitka National Historic Park(Lots of upclose pictures of Eagles), Juneau(Whlae watching tour and Mendenhall Glacier). Lots of scenery and wildlife to take pictures of.

There was a time when we used to take tons and tons of pictures - even before digital cameras. We have been to most ports so many times that we take very few pictures. And now with the digital camera, we can edit what we don't like.

So we take less than 20 pictures per day unless we are in a new port where we will take a tour.

We took a lot more than 60! I'm sure for our Alaska cruise (with pre-cruise stay in Vancouver) that we took well over 1000+ pictures. My husband loves taking pictures and we both had a digital camera. DH also had a video camera that we used for a few pictures (needed the zoom to catch some wildlife, but didn't use it primarily due to picture quality of zoomed pictures). Anyway, our advice is to always have as much memory as you can afford to have and, if possible, bring a laptop with you to download your pictures so that you have free cards for the next day.

Or are we just insane? Oh well if we are, I love my pictures!

after my week on the zuiderdam i came back with a bit more than 420 pics... although, as a qualifier, about 3/4 of those were underwater pics while scubadiving. but with the advent of 1-gig sd cards, it's just too easy to shoot anything-and-everything, then play editor when you get back home and sit in front of your computer...

If its a first cruise you will be taking more pictures then someone who has sailed before. (funny but you can tell the first time cruisers onboard especially that first day- they are the ones taking pictures of everything.. Our first cruise we took hundreds and hundres of photos. Now we average about 300.

I get thoes disposable ones.. I get one for every day of the trip, and 1 underwater camera for each shore excursion. Plus a couple of extra camera's for thoes Group CC Events,, Cabin Crawls, Jimmy B's, Lido deck partys!!! :)

Then we can talk about how much the DW spends on the ship photos!!!!! :eek:

remember you can delete the photos you dont like....500 will be more then enough. remember 6 rolls of fill is about 160 photos! Worry about batterys (if your camera does'nt have a charger)!

Yep, my Canon S500 has a rechargeable, so that won't be a problem. And I'm sure I won't use all 500.

We were on a 2 week transatlantic cruise on RCI's Jewel in May with stops in Bermuda (2 days), Lisbon, Vigo (Spain), Le Havre (France) and Zeebrugge (Belgium). After the cruise we stayed over for a week in London. During the first two weeks of the cruise we took with our 2 digital cameras 2915 pictures and during our week in London we took 2754 pictures. That totaled out for the 3 weeks at 5669 pictures, which averages out over the 3 week period to something like 11 pictures an hour if I took pictues 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They took up about 1.5 GB on the laptop that we took with us. I suspect I may have taken a few too many but given we were on a 12 day cruise up the east coast from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal in spring 2004 and then spent 3 days extra in Montreal and in those 15 days I took 5083 pictures and managed to fill up 1.99 GB on my laptop.

I guess my approach is to just keep clicking and hopefully some of the pictures will be worth looking at later.

Have a great next cruise.

I saved 105 photos on our most recent cruise, a 9-night holiday cruise. I tend to erase the bad ones immediately. That's what I love about having a digital camera--being able to know right away whether I got a good shot or not and to redo any bad ones.

We just did 10 days on the Tahitian Princess and followed it with 8 days on land in Hawaii. I didn't count the pictures but it's in the hundreds, and sometimes in the hundreds per day. I recall one day where I downloaded over 300 pictures. I took my laptop and downloaded my camera, and my wife's camera, into a separate folder of each of us for each day. That way we know who took the picture and where it was taken. A great deal of these were underwater pictures, since I scuba dive and we both snorkel. We each have a 1GB compact flash memory card in our cameras so we have lots of room for photos. We edit out the worthless stuff when we get home, after we have have had time to review each picture carefully and make sure it's not a keeper. I then enhance many of the pictures with a high quality photo editing program before we order prints. We ordered over 100 prints for our album of the trip.

If its a first cruise you will be taking more pictures then someone who has sailed before. (funny but you can tell the first time cruisers onboard especially that first day- they are the ones taking pictures of everything.. Our first cruise we took hundreds and hundres of photos. Now we average about 300.

not true, i've been on 15 cruises and this valor will be 16th............ we take 1,000 pictures on our digital camera. we like having them to put on desktop and such. it's fun taking pictures doesn't matter how many cruises you've been on or if it's the first day or not. (i'm not a first time cruiser either)

14 Day Baltics Cruise (and 3 extra days):

I took over 1000 digital pictures (3.2 megapixel) and about 6 hours of digital video. Downloaded pictures every night from a 512 MB SD card.

My wife took over 2000 digital pictures (5 megapixel). Had enough cards to hold them all.

Plan to make a DVD for each of 9 ports combining video clips and still pictures into 30-60 minutes of DVD content.

Was able to backup all the pictures to one 4.7 GB DVD when I got home and downloaded everything.

We have taken from 0 - 700, the first number we forgot our camera, the second number was in Alaska. Most of our cruises have been somewhere in between. For a 4 day cruise, I do not think that 100-200 pictures would be an unreasonable number.

Archived