Luggage Tags - I am SO Confused

:confused: I was under the impression that luggage tags were no longer mailed and that it was my responsibility to print them. I set a reminder on my calendar when we booked our cruise, leaving next Thursday, to remember to print the tags today. I went to my booking dashboard to search up the option to print them and this message is there:

We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because your sailing is within 13 days of today. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

WTH????? Should I have requested tags? Is printing them still an option and if so, where would I find out how to do so? Getting them at the pier seems like a PIA, am I right?

I am a HUGE over-planner so this irritates the heck out of me as I thought I had everything covered :mad: Thanks in advance for any assistance. I need a drink.

It's my understanding that you only get luggage tags if you're in a Grand Suite or above, or if you've paid to have your cruise documents sent to you.

The RC website can be a little screwy, so that may just be a default message that anyone within the 13 days gets. Don't stress!

Go to your cruise docs. You dont have to print them all. At the end of your cruise docs there should be a page with the tag on it. You can print as many copies as you need. I wrap mine with clear packing tape and staple them on.

Go to your cruise, click on e docs. Find the little booklet in the bottom right hand corner. You can look at all of the pages and select the one with the luggage tags on it. Click on the printer icon and print.

If all else fails, call RCI and they will walk you through it. Unless you booked through a TA. If you did then have the TA print them for you.

The SetSail luggage tag is a sample, not an actual usable tag. They're in your cruise docs (the 20 or so page document) at the end.

And, back to being confused. Where is this lengthy document. I see my set sail docs on my dashboard but do not see anything longer than that.

And, back to being confused. Where is this lengthy document. I see my set sail docs on my dashboard but do not see anything longer than that.

Go into the reservation. On the middle right there is a tab that says "Cruise Documentation". Click on "check status." Then click on "Guest Vacation Documents". Go into "view document." On mine, the luggage tags are on p. 34. You should be able to print.

I too got mine from the porter at the pier last time. I just wrote my cabin number on it and stuck it on the bag. Really not worth stressing about!

Go into the reservation. On the middle right there is a tab that says "Cruise Documentation". Click on "check status." Then click on "Guest Vacation Documents". Go into "view document." On mine, the luggage tags are on p. 34. You should be able to print.

Same process - but I had to select "Print Documents" instead of "View Documents" for the luggage tags to show up (on page 15 in my case.) I just selected page 15 to print 4 copies.

If you don't want to write your cabin # on the tags you get at port, print some stickers (like envelope address labels) with your cabin #...slap it on the tag the porter gives you.

It's hardly a "pain in the ass"!!!!

I don't understand the fuss everybody makes about luggage tags.

Just arrive at the pier, show the porter your Set Sail pass or just tell him your cabin number. The porter checks the manifest to make sure the cabin number is correct and then tags all of your luggage.

You don't have to do anything. It's very simple.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Living in South Florida, it's interesting to watch the cruise traffic in airports. Some people still have the luggage tags attached to everything imaginable AFTER the cruise... carry ons, fanny packs, sunglasses...

OK yes, we see you were on deck 9, aft :rolleyes:

Maybe it has some sort of status symbol when they get home to Backwater Arkansas? :confused:

Living in South Florida, it's interesting to watch the cruise traffic in airports. Some people still have the luggage tags attached to everything imaginable AFTER the cruise... carry ons, fanny packs, sunglasses...

Maybe it has some sort of status symbol when they get home to Backwater Arkansas? :confused:

Why would you consider deck 9 aft to be a status symbol?

What's a 'fanny pack' !!!!!!

Fanny is quite a rude word in the UK - ha ha ha !!!!

What's a 'fanny pack' !!!!!!

Fanny is quite a rude word in the UK - ha ha ha !!!!

A fanny pack in The US is the same as the Bum bags we used to have here in the UK (you know the little bags that used to clip round your waist :D )

Since we sail from the port of Baltimore - we like to h ave our own preprinted luggage tags. Yes, the porters have them, but they are a different line as you enter the port - and once we hit the port - we are anxious to get through the process as quickly as possible. Having to stop and get in a different line to get tags just messes with our "vacation mood flow.":D

Archived