CBC The National Interview re cruising

vickie_bernie

I was contacted yesterday from a reporter from the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting corp) about cruising and why we cruise. apparently he got our name from a fellow reporter that we had met a few years ago on a ship and he remembered us.

Yesterday they came to our home and did an interview.

It is suppose to air on Monday april 1 on the show "The National" which airs here in Vancouver at 10 pm.

If you live outside of Canada and don't get CBC I will look for a link to the story once it has aired and put it up.

Vickie

I was contacted yesterday from a reporter from the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting corp) about cruising and why we cruise. apparently he got our name from a fellow reporter that we had met a few years ago on a ship and he remembered us.

It is suppose to air on Monday april 1 on the show "The National" which airs here in Vancouver at 10 pm.

If you live outside of Canada and don't get CBC I will look for a link to the story once it has aired and put it up.

Vickie

Sounds really interesting. Thanks, Vickie. We would appreciate a link.

Vickie

Hi Vickie. Down here in northwestern Washington, we get 'The National' on CBUT on Comcast cable at channel 27, and CBUT HD on 619. The National is on at 10PM here, too.

It will be good to see you and Bernie again.

Howard (Star, Cape Horn, Feb.-Mar. 2012)

here is the CBC story link

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2013/04/01/business-cruise-ship.html

But i disagree with the story title, yes there are bargains out there but the bargains are normally there on certain sailings at certain times of the year. I don't think the effects of Carnival's ships have effected the market very much.

Cheers

happy sailing

But i disagree with the story title, yes there are bargains out there but the bargains are normally there on certain sailings at certain times of the year. I don't think the effects of Carnival's ships have effected the market very much.

Cheers

happy sailing

Well, they don't like facts to get in the way of a story line. The effects of Carnival's ships may not have affected the cruise market very much, but it certainly has had an effect on the stock market. CCL has dropped like a rock since February.

Well, they don't like facts to get in the way of a story line. The effects of Carnival's ships may not have affected the cruise market very much, but it certainly has had an effect on the stock market. CCL has dropped like a rock since February.

yeah I noticed but it is still holding in the 30s but still not as low as when we got it at $18 around 2008

I was expecting a bigger drop, but I better not type too loud it still could but as long as I have my 100 shares I don't really watch it

Cheers

happy sailing

You are absolutely right. Story line could have read "Bargins at Sea". You did a great job. ;)

I understand that the writer wanted to convey there are good buys out there but I found it very distasteful to start the video with a disaster at sea. Surely there are better ways to get his point across.

Archived