Spend on a balcony or specialty dining package?

gmros

I have money to spare, but only so much that I can only have one or the other:

1. Upgrade from inside to balcony cabin:

- it would be helpful to have a balcony to dry our dive gear, they get really stinky in an inside

2. Specialty dining package

- we've been on 2 Celebrity cruises last year and noticed the same menu for our upcoming cruise

What would you choose?

- it would be helpful to have a balcony to dry our dive gear, they get really stinky in an inside

- we've been on 2 Celebrity cruises last year and noticed the same menu for our upcoming cruise

What would you choose?

That is easy .choose #1 & don't stink up your cabin lol:p:D:p

Which specialty package? If you have the money for the Ultimate Specialty Dining package, then that would be our choice every time on Silhouette or Reflection.

I'm sure you can find a few creative solutions for your smelly dilemma ;)

DW and I love the balcony for reading on, the fresh air, port arrivals and departures, and the sound of the sea. But since the Silhouette has a lot of dining options that does make it an interesting dilemma, so to me the tiebreaker would be by asking where your cruise is going? If it's the Caribbean I'd stick to the inside room and enjoy the upgraded food, but if it's somewhere scenic (Alaska) or exotic (Asia, Med) I'd go with my gut of the balcony.

OOH! Just had an idea. Can you afford an AQ balcony? That way you get access to Blu, which isn't the same as specialty dining but is a different menu than the MDR.

Easy question. Balcony! You will LOVE having a balcony.

Food is just food, there is a ton of it onboard for free and most of it very good. but having your very own private balcony to sit on and watch the ocean go by and the lovely views of the many ports you will visit is wonderful!

Balcony :D. Food is food and whilst really nice in speciality restaurants with fantastic service we have also had the same in the M D R. Also when you get on board they do do deals for these paying restaurants.

A balcony is just so nice and does add an extra to your holiday. Enjoy

without a doubt BALCONY :)

Loads to eat anyway, just choose something different you maybe wouldn't normally choose - maybe visit one speciality restaurant when they are offering good discounts.

Have a wonderful time

Lou

I'd chose the balcony. It's available to enjoy all day and evening. A specialty restaurant is great but enjoyed for just an hour or two. Plus, a restaurants can be found back home but a balcony on the ship can only be found there.

Start trying hard to work the free or very cheap upgrade! Call Celebrity daily with the "Is there anything I missed:o?"

Otherwise - balcony.

Bistro on Five is the most amazing five dollar deal in the world:). You could build that in a couple of times.

You'll have a great cruise either way!

Balcony would be our choice. The time benefit to the balcony and the ability to see the sun first thing in the morning and the stars just before going to bed are neat. Plus you can have meals on your balcony and many people enjoy the privacy to just lounge around or read or both. And as you mention, we do dry things out on balcony at times.

We do enjoy eating at the speciality restaurants, but on our last cruise the MDR was excellent and thus, we only ate in speciality restaurant 3 times. We had purchased the 3 dinner package on our 15 day cruise otherwise, would have eaten in MDR more.

But for sure, if we had to choose, it would be balcony every time. Have a GREAT cruise! :)

For our sixth cruise DW found a great deal and booked a balcony suite - our first time. I'm hard-pressed to imagine staying in an inside suite again.

For me a vacation should include things I can't do at home. Chances are you've been to lots of good restaurants over the years, but you obviously can't duplicate the experience of sitting on a balcony watching the ocean/islands/sunsets while on land. So since you're asking, I'd say go for the balcony.

Drying out clothes on a balcony (while certainly useful - we did it) is the least of what makes balconies wonderful. As others have mentioned, breakfast on the balcony is an unparalleled treat (we did it at least 3 times), as is a pre-dinner glass of wine while watching the sunset, or stargazing after a late night of dancing.

It's all a question of budget, preference and priorities, but we've been so satisfied with the MDR that we never felt the need to try the specialty restaurants. I'm sure they're very good, but we'd rather spend the money on things we can't do at home...like snorkelling in February....or sitting on a ship balcony.

Anyway, whatever you decide, have a great trip.

What would you choose?

Balcony.

No discussion.

For me a vacation should include things I can't do at home. Chances are you've been to lots of good restaurants over the years, but you obviously can't duplicate the experience of sitting on a balcony watching the ocean/islands/sunsets while on land.

Ooh, a great argument for a balcony!

Archived