What would you Do?

I'm currently book on the Allure for this Oct. After this cruise I'll have 29 C&A point, so I'm booking a 4-night cruise on the Majesty leaving the next day out of Miami to get up to Platinum.

QUESTION: Between the 2 cruises would you spend the night in Ft Lauderdale, or Miami? Looks like a Miami hotels are more expensive. I'm leaning towards staying in Ft. Lauderdale or someplace in between and not dealing with Miami.

I'm currently book on the Allure for this Oct. After this cruise I'll have 29 C&A point, so I'm booking a 4-night cruise on the Majesty leaving the next day out of Miami to get up to Platinum.

QUESTION: Between the 2 cruises would you spend the night in Ft Lauderdale, or Miami? Looks like a Miami hotels are more expensive. I'm leaning towards staying in Ft. Lauderdale or someplace in between and not dealing with Miami.

I am pretty sure I have read that on that type of a back to back cruise, the cruiseline will pay for your hotel. I would check into that if I were you.

Edit: I knew I had read about it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794547&highlight=hotel+b2b

:cool:Check out Clevelander Hotel in South Beach. Enjoy life while you can:cool:

Thanks!! I will have our TA check into that..

I am pretty sure I have read that on that type of a back to back cruise, the cruiseline will pay for your hotel. I would check into that if I were you.

Edit: I knew I had read about it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794547&highlight=hotel+b2b

My wife talked to our TA. But the TA said RCCL will book a hotel for you, but I will still have to pay for the hotel, it's not a free night. Sounds like my wife should call RCCL directly to find out for sure.

My wife talked to our TA. But the TA said RCCL will book a hotel for you, but I will still have to pay for the hotel, it's not a free night. Sounds like my wife should call RCCL directly to find out for sure.

I would trust the information from Cruisenfever, who posted on the thread I linked, more than I would trust your TA and whoever they spoke with. Your wife can call RCCL directly and speak to the back to back desk but they will only answer general questions for you since the TA owns your reservation. Your TA is going to have to deal directly with the cruiseline and get it booked.

Don't give up on it, you should get a free night in a hotel between cruises unless they changed policy very, very recently.

I have done this a few times. Ask for a 3 way conversation with RCI between you and your TA. They will not speak with you directly since it is booked with a TA.

It might have to do with the second cruise being so short, but at lease you'll hear it from them yourself.

Good luck

I have done this a few times. Ask for a 3 way conversation with RCI between you and your TA. They will not speak with you directly since it is booked with a TA.

It might have to do with the second cruise being so short, but at lease you'll hear it from them yourself.

Good luck

I was thinking the same thing, but I just read the linked thread. It looks like one of the folks experience was a 7 day and 3 or 4 day as well (Oasis and Majesty). They were "put up" in a Hilton overnight by RCI and transportation to the pier (but not transportation between Miami and FLL).

Sounds like a great deal. I also did not realize that RCI offered this service. Maybe the OP's travel agent didn't either?

Thanks to everyone on Cruise Critic!! My wife talked to the TA again, who's been in the business for 16 years, and never book anyone on consecutive cruises like this. The TA called RCCL and even the person she first talked to at RCCL didn't know about it. After checking with someone else we we got the thumbs up and are now booked in the Sheraton Airport Miami for the night between our 2 cruises!! We just need to take care of the transfers.

Thanks to everyone on Cruise Critic!! My wife talked to the TA again, who's been in the business for 16 years, and never book anyone on consecutive cruises like this. The TA called RCCL and even the person she first talked to at RCCL didn't know about it. After checking with someone else we we got the thumbs up and are now booked in the Sheraton Airport Miami for the night between our 2 cruises!! We just need to take care of the transfers.

Great! I am glad it worked out for you.:)

rednancy1... Yes, the TA did get with the B2B desk and our reservation has a confirmed transfer from the Port Everglades to Port of Miami and a free hotel stay. Thank you very much for this information.

One question... I assume we get a vouchers in our cabin at the end of our first cruise. Does it specify a company to use for the transfer? What is the logistics of getting off the Allure and getting to Miami?

Your set sail documents should be amended for the second cruise. We waited 1 day and printed out the revised cruise docs. Included was a voucher for the hotel and two vouchers for the transfers to and fro. Check with your TA to make sure RCI has updated this. You will be using a RCI transfer bus/van.

Enjoy your b2b cruise.:)

This is an example of why I do not use TA. I have found I along with my C buddies are the best source of info. Sometimes you can be your own best advocate.

If you are having to do all this work yourself, why should your TA get commissions? I would switch the booking from TA to direct to the cruise line if it were possible in your case. Your TA could have potentially lost you several hundred dollars in this case... as much as the entire fare for a passenger on Majesty's inside cabins!

Good luck

This is one reason I don't go through a travel agent - when I want an answer I want it directly from RCCL and not have to wait for a travel agent to cal and get the information and then get back to me. I'm kinda anal that way. I also keep a close eye on prices and when cruises get uploaded for purchase. C&A members get to book a day before the general public!

They should still pay for both of your transfers. Call RCI and ask for x 2857 (b2b desk). They took care of this for us in Dec when we did a b2b on the Oasis and Allure.:)

You ships were both home port Port Everglades and pricey ships. the OP is getting off in Port Everglades and on in the Port of Miami, so it may have a different scenario.

It still doesn't hurt to ask. :)

But they had asked and was told they would be put up but had to pay their own transfer between ports. You encouraged them to call back and argue for it. I fully concur with what she was told and if I were in the transfer business, I'd charge also between PEV and Miami.

But they had asked and was told they would be put up but had to pay their own transfer between ports. You encouraged them to call back and argue for it. I fully concur with what she was told and if I were in the transfer business, I'd charge also between PEV and Miami.

Where did I say argue? :rolleyes: Or even imply argue?

• 2 weeks later...

OP may not have gotten correct information originally as they are on a consecutive cruise and not a b2b. B2b is on the same ship...consecutive is different ships or next day but continuing with same cruiseline.

Glad to read of this policy as we had several cruisers with us on the Adventure in February that had just gotten off the Jewel or Brilliance..not sure on the saturday and joined us on sunday. They were staying at the Embassy Suites along with us. I think they would have thrilled if RCCL had offered this to them.

According to this thread RCL has recently changed their policy on paying for the hotel on consecutive cruises. They are no long paying for a night...

We did get ours booked, but people trying to do this in the future may be out of luck.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1823441

Archived