Flat shoes for casual dinner

And where does a forbidden tank top cross the line and becomes an "ok" top? because there are many styles of sleeveless tops... (and then there are the formal dresses that just reveal everything there is to reveal :eek: )

Women can wear tank tops, not men.

Women can wear tank tops, not men.

Once, at breakfast in the MDR, a man in tank top was seated next to me (well, tables for 2, but one next to the other). Each time he raised his arms, not only could I see the long-haired monkey he was hiding underneath, but he also released the most foulest smell you can imagine.

I doubt a shirt with sleeves could have stopped the smell, but at least the sight wouldn't have been as :eek:

Me too.

Don't get me started on the subject of flip flops though..... lol. Can't get on with them personally but when this sign is outside the dining room why don't people comply?

IMG_1257.jpg

They don't follow the dress code because, RC doesn't enforce it and they believe rules don't apply to them.

i do not own or wear heels.

I hadn't owned or worn a pair of heals for 25 years....then for whatever reason, I bought a pair of 4 inch heals for my son's wedding.....I had to practice walking for weeks.....and have not worn them since!

So many wear flip flops in the MDR.

Now-there are those old rubber cheap flip flops that we tend to think of or todays flip flops that some of them don't even look like flip flops anymore with all that bling!!!

BTW-to clarify-ladies flip flops!!;)

You can wear flats for casual nights or formal nights, no issue at all. Just no flip flop in the MDR.

So many wear flip flops in the MDR.

Now-there are those old rubber cheap flip flops that we tend to think of or todays flip flops that some of them don't even look like flip flops anymore with all that bling!!!

BTW-to clarify-ladies flip flops!!;)

I have never, EVER seen a woman (or man) denied entry to the MDR because of inappropriate footwear. I don't know if I've seen anybody in bare feet.:eek: I agree with Debde that, just like tank tops, there are different styles of thonged shoes (and jeans! Let's talk about jeans!) and that some would be appropriate for the MDR no matter what the sign says.

I have never, EVER seen a woman (or man) denied entry to the MDR because of inappropriate footwear. I don't know if I've seen anybody in bare feet.:eek: I agree with Debde that, just like tank tops, there are different styles of thonged shoes (and jeans! Let's talk about jeans!) and that some would be appropriate for the MDR no matter what the sign says.

I mentioned flip flops because the cruiseline specifically states, no flip flops. I have never seen anyone denied entry because of footwear either but was just letting the OP know what the cruiseline states.

I mentioned flip flops because the cruiseline specifically states, no flip flops. I have never seen anyone denied entry because of footwear either but was just letting the OP know what the cruiseline states.

They also say, on some ships, you should bring your own club for mini golf.

No flip flops allowed in the MDR just like you are not allowed to bring on your own water and soda!! ;)

The cruiseline states plenty of things they do not stand firm on!!!;)

Confussion...........absolutely!!

Sometimes, you can not blame the passengers for not folowing the rules to the letter!!

We had some controversy at work when we put no flip flops as part of the dress code since there are some very, very nice leather thong sandals. We finally came up with this definition for our clarification email: "if you can wear them into the shower, don't wear them to work".

IMG_1257.jpg

I've seen a similar sign outside the MDR many times, but it always said "at dinner", not at any meal period. Does this mean that I shouldn't wear shorts to breakfast and lunch? Good luck in enforcing that.

Archived