tux/suit

lollyed

can you hire a tux or suit fo formal nights on board star princess...

Yes...

Cruiseline Formalwear is the company Princess uses for tuxedo rentals. I have used them three times and have had nothing but good experiences. Check out their web site here.

Be sure to try on your tux soon after you receive it in case a garment needs to be switched out or adjusted. See your cabin steward for any adjustments.

Lew

We rented a tuxedo for my son for our March cruise while I bought one.

• Sailing out of Galveston, the selection was limited to Black only (but that worked out fine)
  • We got an email saying they didn't have his pants size on board, so they would ship us a pair of slacks to my address
  • Received the slacks in time for cruising, plus he found another pair in his cabin.
  • His fit worked as well as my off-the-rack tux did, and all the formal pictures came out great - and we took a LOT of formals: couples, family, singles, etc.
  • I bought extra cummerbunds and bowties in different colors (cheap on eBay and on clearance), those got used too to change up the pictures and match the girls' different dresses.
  • At the end of the cruise, I envied how he could just leave everything in the closet and walk off scot-free!

As it turned out, I left my garment bag in our cabin and we waited at debarkation pre-Customs for it to be walked off to us. That issue won't happen with a rental!

Rick

I have had no major problems with the rental tuxes, shirts, and most accessories on Princess ships where I have rented them. However, if you have space to bring your own (black) shoes, I recommend doing so. Those available from Cruiseline Formal are painful to wear -- at least for me. And bring your own black socks!

John

Archived