New NCC rules (Clarea)

Clarea, did you get the chance to ask the LA about the new NC rules (in terms of whether or not they have to go to your TA now)?

What is an LA? What is an NC? What is an NCC? And what is a Clarea? (I'm pretty sure I know what TA is.:rolleyes:)

Clarea, did you get the chance to ask the LA about the new NC rules (in terms of whether or not they have to go to your TA now)?

Thanks for reminding me. :o

I was able to purchase several NCC's, without going through the TA that had booked the current cruise.

However, it was a bit more complicated than before. First of all, there's no checkbox to opt out of TA assignment. So I just wrote "NO TRAVEL AGENT" in big letters on the form. When the LA saw that, he brought out another form that I had to fill out, opting out of the TA assignment, and I had to give a reason. I just wrote something like "ease of after hours booking".

I was told the reason for the extra paperwork is to prove to the TA that Royal is not stealing their customers. Royal can now show the TA a paper trail that proves the customer opted out.

I was able to purchase several NCC's, without going through the TA that had booked the current cruise.

However, it was a bit more complicated than before. First of all, there's no checkbox to opt out of TA assignment. So I just wrote "NO TRAVEL AGENT" in big letters on the form. When the LA saw that, he brought out another form that I had to fill out, opting out of the TA assignment, and I had to give a reason. I just wrote something like "ease of after hours booking".

I was told the reason for the extra paperwork is to prove to the TA that Royal is not stealing their customers. Royal can now show the TA a paper trail that proves the customer opted out.

No worries. Thank you very very much, I was very concerned that it would be mandatory.

What is an LA? What is an NC? What is an NCC? And what is a Clarea? (I'm pretty sure I know what TA is.:rolleyes:)

LA-Loyalty Ambasaddor (onboard all RCL Ships) who helps those booking future cruises while onboard

NC- NextCruise certificate is an open booking on a future cruise which is purchased onboard and offers a reduced deposit and Onboard credit based on the length of the cruise

CLAREA- is Bob a VERY helpful poster here on Cruise Critic and who has replied to this thread in Post #5

I am new to the NCC world. I purchased one on a cruise last year that was booked through a TA. Am I now required to go back to that TA to book my next cruise? I was planning to switch TA's this time around.

Thanks.

Yes, you must use that same TA to assign a specific cruise to that NCC. It is possible to transfer the NCC to another TA, but you must have the consent of the original TA to do that.

Please help me understand this. I plan on purchasing my first ncc in May. I am not booking the next cruise yet. The May cruise was booked online through RCL. Does this mean that I have to purchase my next cruise directly with RCL? I understand that I can transfer my booking to another ta later, but don't know how to do this.

Judy

Please help me understand this. I plan on purchasing my first ncc in May. I am not booking the next cruise yet. The May cruise was booked online through RCL. Does this mean that I have to purchase my next cruise directly with RCL? I understand that I can transfer my booking to another ta later, but don't know how to do this.

Judy

If you have an NCC that is not assigned to a TA, but you want to use a TA, you can transfer it using a form on Royal's website. Here's the link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/TA_TransferForm.pdf

Yes, you must use that same TA to assign a specific cruise to that NCC. It is possible to transfer the NCC to another TA, but you must have the consent of the original TA to do that.

Thank you. I am glad that I asked. I will have to think about what I am going to do.

Thank you. I am glad that I asked. I will have to think about what I am going to do.

I should also have mentioned that you have another option. You can call Royal to assign a cruise to the NCC, and then use the same form to transfer the booking to a TA. You must do this within 60 days of assigning a cruise to the NCC.

This might be more convenient as it's sometimes easier to get hold of Royal's booking department than a TA's.

I purchased a NCC under the "old" rules and later booked a 2014 cruise but did NOT assign a travel agent...I booked directly with Royal. Will I have to do the separate form thing if I purchase another NCC in the future? I never use a travel agent and do not intend to.

I purchased a NCC under the "old" rules and later booked a 2014 cruise but did NOT assign a travel agent...I booked directly with Royal. Will I have to do the separate form thing if I purchase another NCC in the future? I never use a travel agent and do not intend to.

No, you would only need to use the seperate form if the cruise you are currently taking is booked with a travel agent.

Thank you so much for this information. I informed our roll call for an upcoming Allure cruise. Do think it is interesting Royal has made this change. Would be interesting to know how many cruisers actually use the additional step of assigning an NCC to a TA if not assigned or call RCCL directly. Probably a two pronged issue of additional paperwork for RCCL to assign, and also keeping TA's happy to suggest RCCL cruises to customers while recouping a current customer. ;) No need to suggest RCCL to us since we are definitely loyal to Royal! :)

No, you would only need to use the seperate form if the cruise you are currently taking is booked with a travel agent.

Thanks so much....it seems like they just like to change things up and add to the adventure!

Thx for your information! It is very helpful.. I have never bought a NCC before but plan to on my May sailing.. Can I still just list one of us on the open booking & pay $ 100 per each NCC? It says in my paperwork they will allow up to 3 bookings..did you find this to be true? I assume we should do this early in our cruise before they get too busy?

Hi Bob, thanks for reporting back!

Question: Do the new NCCs still have the option for adding 2 cabins for friends and family with the same benefits like before?

Thanks!

Thx for your information! It is very helpful.. I have never bought a NCC before but plan to on my May sailing.. Can I still just list one of us on the open booking & pay $ 100 per each NCC? It says in my paperwork they will allow up to 3 bookings..did you find this to be true? I assume we should do this early in our cruise before they get too busy?

Yes, I was able to purchase 3 NCC's, each with my name only, so $100 each.

I always make an appointment with the LA and try to have them create the NCC's while I wait. This way I can check that the information is correct. However, some LA's won't do this, and even if you have an appointment, they will still insist you fill out paperwork and leave it with them so they can get to it later.

Also, another major change is that there are no more "Friends & Family" certificates. Instead of this, you can now transfer the NCC to someone else once. I personally don't like this because it consumes one of my NCC's, and I have to get involved with getting my deposit back from someone else, who might cancel and then be disappointed that the NCC cost is non-refundable. But it's a great change for Royal.

Yes, I was able to purchase 3 NCC's, each with my name only, so $100 each.

I always make an appointment with the LA and try to have them create the NCC's while I wait. This way I can check that the information is correct. However, some LA's won't do this, and even if you have an appointment, they will still insist you fill out paperwork and leave it with them so they can get to it later.

Also, another major change is that there are no more "Friends & Family" certificates. Instead of this, you can now transfer the NCC to someone else once. I personally don't like this because it consumes one of my NCC's, and I have to get involved with getting my deposit back from someone else, who might cancel and then be disappointed that the NCC cost is non-refundable. But it's a great change for Royal.

thank you for the information. we are planning on doing this next cruise. as well.:):):)

Crazy question Clarea. If I booked my upcoming Rhapsody cruise with a Certified Vacation Planner, do I still need to write NO TRAVEL AGENT on my nextcruise form? Because on my docs, where it has the TA info, it says Certified Vacation Planner #XXXXXXX.

Does it matter if it was a specific certified vacation planner (aka does that count as a TA), or does it not matter since they are Royal Caribbean employees? I hope that makes sense. And thank you 1000x for all of your help with this!

Crazy question Clarea. If I booked my upcoming Rhapsody cruise with a Certified Vacation Planner, do I still need to write NO TRAVEL AGENT on my nextcruise form? Because on my docs, where it has the TA info, it says Certified Vacation Planner #XXXXXXX.

Does it matter if it was a specific certified vacation planner (aka does that count as a TA), or does it not matter since they are Royal Caribbean employees? I hope that makes sense. And thank you 1000x for all of your help with this!

No, if you booked with Royal, then the NCC will belong to you. No need to opt out of the travel agent assignment.

Archived