Deck 4 Cabin noise

CrusinPaul

Also check to see if there are any tender ports on your itinerary as you will hear the anchor dropping early in the morning in those suites. Unless, of course, you want to use that as an alarm clock.

Also check to see if there are any tender ports on your itinerary as you will hear the anchor dropping early in the morning in those suites. Unless, of course, you want to use that as an alarm clock.

Does help with those that are always having a problem with packing.:)

Shall I take the Tux or the alarm clock:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Actually, we were in cabin 414 on the Quest last year and it was the noisiest cabin on any cruise, of any ship, I have ever cruised on. Lots of loud mechanical noises early in the morning for about 10-15 minutes just about every morning. I don't know if they were rolling heavy carts, or dragging something, or if it had to do with anchoring or what, but it was LOUD.

We asked for earplugs and they didn't help - and what was particularly annoying was that the hotel director acted as though he had no idea what could be causing the noise. There is no way he hasn't heard the complaint before, I'm guessing our cabin was directly above the anchor. :(

I am not at all picky about suites on the little ships but after visiting friends in their deck 4 suite on the Quest I was very happy that I had booked a -6 suite on deck 8 for that first cruise on a big ship. We heard a loud non rhythmic thumping noise and no, we were not going through rough seas. They could not sleep at night from all of the loud banging noises that came from who know where. And yes, they said earplugs did not help. I felt so sorry for them but the ship was full and nothing could be done.(We have booked a V-6 for our 20 day Quest cruise this fall as well.) Now I know some others on this board have had a different experience so you will just have to weigh all of the input and decide for yourself.

We were in 415 on the Sojourn from Dover to Quebec when there were force 11 gales. We did not have any excess noise and being lower in the ship there was a lot less movement. We never heard the anchor or any other noise from the ship:D

We were in 415 on the Sojourn from Dover to Quebec when there were force 11 gales. We did not have any excess noise and being lower in the ship there was a lot less movement. We never heard the anchor or any other noise from the ship:D

That was my experience, too.

I have seen elsewhere that while there is some noise in the port suites, those on the starboard side are quiet enough. Of course I saw this AFTER we had booked a port suite, but all is well as we got an upgrade to a veranda suite when there was a price drop! However, I will remember this in future (or at least I will if someone can confirm that it is true.)

I don't think they do. Some of the hotel managers are far more approachable and amenable than others.

I agree Henry

Vitor is not very social and hides away from the guests unlike all the other Hotel directors who go out of their way to speak to all guests

I agree Henry

Vitor is not very social and hides away from the guests unlike all the other Hotel directors who go out of their way to speak to all guests

I am sorry but I disagree wiith your comments about Vitor Alvares....he is way more outgoing and ever present with guests than for example Marcel Gademan on the Odyssey who as you put it "hides" from guests other than his usua hostessed table duties.

Must add my vote for Vitor -- yes he is a touch task master( always looking at his watch)and I am sure those working for him, particular newbies, are a bit intimidated by him.But as a passenger I have also found him charming and interesting-- I have especially enjoyed dining with him.In fact in all of my SB cruises I have only come across one HOTMAN whom I would describe as aloof and unhelpful.

I have dined with him at his invitation twice and found him just as uninvolved at the table as he is in his office. Perhaps it's a personality thing but I always had the impression he was doing me a favor by talking to me.

We heard a loud non rhythmic thumping noise and no, we were not going through rough seas. They could not sleep at night from all of the loud banging noises that came from who know where. And yes, they said earplugs did not help.

That's exactly what we heard in Category A on the Odyssey, and I agree earplugs were no help. I'm guessing it was the stabilizers and I was thankful we were finally moved. I would book a V1 if you can get 510 or higher, otherwise a V2. The price difference between an ocean view suite and a low category veranda suite is usually not that much.

Archived