Where's the boarding pass?

silvercruiser

I'm sailing tomorrow on the Regatta and have this lovely book with the luggage tags and all the information needed all printed out. But I can't find anything that actually says "BOARDING PASS" I'm just wondering about this because I've never taken a cruise where this was missing. Since this is my first time on Oceania I'm naturally curious.

Thanks.

I'm sailing tomorrow on the Regatta and have this lovely book with the luggage tags and all the information needed all printed out. But I can't find anything that actually says "BOARDING PASS" I'm just wondering about this because I've never taken a cruise where this was missing. Since this is my first time on Oceania I'm naturally curious.

Thanks.

There is no Boarding Pass as such, and all that you really NEED to get onto the ship will be your cabin number (so they can find you easily on the manifest), a Credit Card to be used for charges to your onboard account and your Passport.

That said, the Non-Oceania Security people sometimes ask for proof that you are booked on the Cruise as you approach the Gangway, so I typically photocopy Page 4 of the Booklet so that I have something to show them without fumbling through all my papers.

Oddly enough, the last time that I recall receiving an actual paper Boarding Pass was on Regency Cruises in the early 1990's.

49211394.REGENTSEA.jpg I see that you have also sailed on the Regent Sea. Wasn't she a perfectly gorgeous old girl?

kara80i3.jpgSo spacious

Thanks, I sort of figured that was the deal, but good to know for sure. And yes, I too loved the Regent Sea. I hadn't been on a ship for many years and absolutely loved that 49-day trip around South America. I remember that on days when the water wasn't rusty we all washed our hair and did hand laundry! The crew was great.

Bring the Oceania booklet you received with your name printed on it. This will be sufficient when the port security person asks for your boarding pass. This happened in NYC, where I had to pass through the security guys who didn't have a manifest before I got to the Oceania check-in desk.

I already put the booklet into the outside pocket of my carryon and then also printed out page 4 and stuck it into my around-the-neck holder that leaves me hands free for retrieving passport, credit card, etc.

I knew that if I posted my question on cruisecritic that I'd get answers quickly!

You should have received final cruise documents by e-mail. They are the most up to date as to docks, schedule, etc.

Not to worry if you did not, the booklet is just as good.

Probably will not need anything, as others have said, unless a local official decided to be "official"!!

I assume you are leaving from Miami and they can be a bit more particular due to Homeland Security.

Note the Regatta usually leaves from the dock the furthest from the road and cannot be seen from the road. Some cabbies get a little confused but it is there.

No, received nothing by email. Actually, my TA sent the booklet on to me. I won't be in a cab, but a bus that takes people to cruise ships here in Florida.

Oceania usually uses TERMINAL "J" so just ask them to take you there

We usually get an email about 3-4 weeks prior with air reservations & other info

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

We'll be on HAL next month and I had to print out boarding passes!!! After cruising Oceania so much, it seems positively archaic!

We are trying this weeklong cruise as a "lark" (Boston to Quebec) and hope we won't be sorry. Afterall, how can ANY ship compare to the beautiful Riviera or any of the R ships. I feel like a traitor.

We'll be on HAL next month and I had to print out boarding passes!!! After cruising Oceania so much, it seems positively archaic!

We are trying this weeklong cruise as a "lark" (Boston to Quebec) and hope we won't be sorry. Afterall, how can ANY ship compare to the beautiful Riviera or any of the R ships. I feel like a traitor.

madame_defarge_tshirts-r59590432263845a7b6c3510d66df66db_va6lr_512.jpg

We'll be on HAL next month and I had to print out boarding passes!!!

No ya didn't. You sure as heck won't need it to check in/board the ship.

There's an outside chance (depending on embarkation port) that you will need it to gain admittance to the port itself.

I hope you have a nice time up here, too.

When we left from terminal J last month there were port security at the bottom of the escalator as you enter. They wanted to see our passport and the page from the book titled "Cruise Summary". I had printed it out as I did not want to carry the book.

Archived