Questions Regarding August 18th Grand to Alaska

Overpacker

Very excited to return to Princess this summer on the Grand after having taken HAL for several years and I need some current information from people that have sailed on her recently.

I need to know if you are able to bring surge protectors on board or does the ship supply them and also do they charge for ice cream and hot chocolate in the Horizon Court?

Thanks for all your help.:)

You can bring a surge suppressor, none are supplied.

Ice cream is free. You can get it on the Lido deck. As I recall, between the pools on the starboard side.

Hot Chocolate was charged for, but that may be different on Alaskan cruises. We went around South America

I need to know if you are able to bring surge protectors on board or does the ship supply them and also do they charge for ice cream and hot chocolate in the Horizon Court?

• No problem bringing surge protectors and they are a good idea because there are only two outlets close together at the desk and some chargers will block access to the second outlet. There should also be a spare outlet behind the TV.
  • No ice cream in the HC. Complementary soft serve ice cream available at Sundaes Ice Cream Bar on the starboard side on the Lido deck between the Calypso Pool and the Neptune's Pool. Freshly made real ice cream and sorbet available in the dining rooms, but not HC, during lunch and dinner with flavors varying daily.
  • Hot chocolate is complementary in the dining at breakfast. On other ships in Alaska last year, hot chocolate was complementary in dispensers in the HC all day. I would assume that would also be the case with the Grand, but no guarantees.

Thank you IECalCruiser and Paul 929207 for your quick helpful replies.

Also, do you know how the lines are in the Horizon Court? We usually sail on much smaller ships such as the old Regal which we really miss:(

Thanks

These are a couple of photos from the Princess Flickr page taken in May of 2011 after her drydock. The first caption says "The Horizon Court’s new design will help passengers find their favorite dishes."

5693721163_4b8f3c239e_b.jpg

5693721083_3827834dc3_b.jpg

The remodel added new serving stations to disperse the crowd. Reports since then have been favorable. The same modifications have been done to the Star and Sapphire and similar mods to the Coral. Just remember that you can go from station to station to get only the foods you want.

Also, do you know how the lines are in the Horizon Court? We usually sail on much smaller ships such as the old Regal which we really miss:(
I rarely, if ever, experience lines in the Horizon Court since you can go from station-to-station to get what you want. I've had lines on ships with the Cafe Caribe because it's smaller and there's just one long counter from one side of the ship to the other.

• On other ships in Alaska last year, hot chocolate was complementary in dispensers in the HC all day. I would assume that would also be the case with the Grand, but no guarantees.

On our Alaska cruise on the Island last summer, the free hot chocolate dispenser was outside the Horizon Court near the bar by the pool.

Archived