Ships transfers

pecanpie

After we paid for our cruise on Princess I was looking at our paper work and noticed that we were charged for transfers from ship to airport. We really don't want to use them as a taxi would cost a lot less. Do you think I will be able to get a refund once we are on the ship if we cancel them.

I didnt risk it with the transfers for us, I called and immediately had them removed and have always used my own mode of transportation to and from the port. It's generally always cheaper to do it yourself but some do not have the ability.

Thank you both. I will cancel them but I am thinking we wont get a refund as we have already paid for the cruise, we sail in June. I had no idea that they were booked. We can not use them mainly because we have an early flight from Canada Place to airport, the airline keeps changing the flight times originally it was a 12.30 flight then 11.20 and now it is showing 11.09 so I can see we shall have to disembark ASAP and grab a taxi or sky train. :(

Thank you both. I will cancel them but I am thinking we wont get a refund as we have already paid for the cruise, we sail in June. I had no idea that they were booked. We can not use them mainly because we have an early flight from Canada Place to airport, the airline keeps changing the flight times originally it was a 12.30 flight then 11.20 and now it is showing 11.09 so I can see we shall have to disembark ASAP and grab a taxi or sky train. :(

Are you comfortable with that 11:09 flight? I sure wouldn't be, but I'm a notorious worry-wart.

After we paid for our cruise on Princess I was looking at our paper work and noticed that we were charged for transfers from ship to airport. We really don't want to use them as a taxi would cost a lot less. Do you think I will be able to get a refund once we are on the ship if we cancel them.

A few months ago, I got an email from Princess about our December cruise saying that we hadn't given them the details of our flight, etc. for our transfer arrangements. I thought, ***?, and called Princess and asked why did we get charged for a transfer (for the three of us) when I hadn't asked to purchase a transfer, and especially as the booking agent I had booked with then even acknowledged the close distance (50 miles) I live from the Port of LA. Obviously all we needed was to drive ourselves or get a ride. No flights, no hotels, no Princess transfer from an airport or hotel. She said she would credit us for the amount.

I would think that any time there's extras such as insurance or transfers, the customer should give the okay -- it shouldn't be automatic.

Definitely take care of this now and don't wait til you board your ship!

We are flying out of YVR, flights have been changed thank goodness we are now flying at 12.25 thanks to my t/a and right now she is cancelling our transfers. So now I can relax a little. I have never known flight times to be changed so often with large time changes 5 minutes yeah but not 1 hour or 30 minutes. Still will go for a early debark though.

The first post begs the question: why is Princess automatically charging passengers for transfers? How many people were like me' date=' and missed it on their invoice because they were busy that week or didn't understand what the wording meant.[/quote']

Totally agree with you, its all sorted now. This is the first time this has happened though usually they ask if you want a transfer while on the ship.

Archived