Concerned for summer

Even though we are diamond members, we have never sailed in the summer to the caribbean. I am concerned that it will be unpleasantly hot in July. Please give advice on western ports at that time of year. We will be on Freedom and are taking 15 family from age 5 to 75. We usually do the caribbean in Jan or Feb. and it is wonderful then.

It is like being in Florida in the summer. If it rains you will see the steam rise from the pavement. I'm a Florida girl, I love it!

Rain, indeed or at least overcast skies may be your gravest concern. Rainy season in the Caribbean starts a little before hurricane season.

I hope you have total sun!!!

While it will be a bit warmer, there is always a seabreeze, and the humidity is generally lower than landlocked areas in the US. One caution, however, the angle of the sun is quite different and a lot stronger, so double (at least) the SPF of your sunscreen, and try to limit your exposure or stay covered up in lightweight loose fitting clothing.

Every time I sail in the summer to the Caribbean, I say "what the hell was I thinking"...and then I do it again. Heat and humidity is different for everybody, I personally hate it..It is suffocating to me, so I very rarely even get off the ship, I go in the ship's pool to stay cooler. This summer I am cruising to Bermuda and I will still complain about the heat and humidity...so I guess what I am trying to say is weather, like food is subjective to the individual. Enjoy your cruise.

Even though we are diamond members, we have never sailed in the summer to the caribbean. I am concerned that it will be unpleasantly hot in July. Please give advice on western ports at that time of year. We will be on Freedom and are taking 15 family from age 5 to 75. We usually do the caribbean in Jan or Feb. and it is wonderful then.

What does being diamond have to do with temperatures?? Lols old people trying to cling to some sort of status!!

I have cruised once during the summer, that being a 3 nighter on the Majesty. I'm from the Wisconsin, and now live in Colorado. I haven't worn a pair of pants except for formal nights on a cruise ship for well over 5 years. It can be snowing, or 15 below and I'm still in shorts.

With that said I was miserably hot on that cruise. But I also consider 60 with no humidity to be warm. Will I not cruise during that time of year, no I can't say that, but I will choose other times given an option!

What does being diamond have to do with temperatures?? Lols old people trying to cling to some sort of status!!

I have adult children that are diamond and working on diamond plus. They are YOUNG, just hitting 30s.

I think what the OP was saying was they had done a lot of cruises and just had never done summer in the western Caribbean...I don't think OP was bragging about her Diamond status...however, if they want to, brag away!!! They have earned every night on board!!!

I don't think there was any status bragging there. It was just shorthand for saying I've done a lot of cruising with Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

I don't think there was any status bragging there. It was just shorthand for saying I've done a lot of cruising with Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

My thoughts too.

Archived