MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

You're making an assumption that these people actually think. :)

LOL - I guess I am. I look in the mirror before I go out and I either think I look good - or at least presentable, then I see someone in an outlandish, inappropriate or ill-fitting outfit and I wonder if they looked in the mirror too. I wonder if they said to themselves, "lookin' good" and gave themselves a thumbs up. Then I think I need to take another look in my mirror :D

Still cant believe we snagged a cabana in HMC!!! Best thing EVER...

Just got off the ship 5/20 along with some other fine folks.. LOVE MY SPLENDIDOS AND I MISS YOU ALREADY!!

As far as the dining room, our wait staff were bustin their humps.. I wondered why they looked frazzled.. but they were all very attentive to our table.

Stayed on the ship as well in Nassau.. too yucky outside.. it was nice to have a pretty empty ship... still was on my quest for a ship on a stick.. played trivia and did scavenger hunt with my mom... dam flashdrive!!! still ended up with a "atta kid" medal.. woohoo!!

The Burrito Bar is near the back/aft of the buffet area. If you end up outside near the pool, you've gone to far :p They do the made to order omelets there in the morning. There are aisles on either side of the buffet stations (tables on the outside of the aisles.) You come into an open space at the end and the Burrito Bar is in between two buffet stations. The chips, salsa and guacamole are by the flight of stairs that goes up to the Rotisserie.

The Burritos were good, but I liked the snacks :) I've got 103 days - but I have a trip to Bermuda in between so it should go fast!

Thanks Cyber Kat!

Hi all. I was lurking a bit but will never be able to get through 33 pages so I read the last few. I am sailing on August 28th on the 4 night to Canada.

Got a few questions:

Does Carnival have their MDR open for lunch on embarkation day?

Is the first sea day dress up night?

Do they have martini clinics ( or any other alcohol tastings) on board?

Is there a better time to go for anytime dining when it's not so crowded? ( like 8 or 9?)

Do they sell buckets of beer?

I see they have the Serenity area ( Is that the correct name? All I can think of is "Serenity Now!" , from Seinfeld) is there an adult only pool there also? Do they have bar service there?

What kind of entertainment do they have as far as shows? I am not a big show person but if it's worth it I would go check it out.

Any other suggestions for a short cruise? I have done this itinerary before but not on this ship so I won't have a lot of time to explore. I want to hit all the good stuff if possible. :)

Thanks.

Hi all. I was lurking a bit but will never be able to get through 33 pages so I read the last few. I am sailing on August 28th on the 4 night to Canada.

Got a few questions:

Does Carnival have their MDR open for lunch on embarkation day? No

Is the first sea day dress up night? Yes

Do they have martini clinics ( or any other alcohol tastings) on board? I think so, but not certain

Is there a better time to go for anytime dining when it's not so crowded? ( like 8 or 9?)

Do they sell buckets of beer? Yes

I see they have the Serenity area ( Is that the correct name? All I can think of is "Serenity Now!" , from Seinfeld) is there an adult only pool there also? No & the Serenity area is not as big as on other Carnival ships, but I still loved it. Do they have bar service there? Yes, a waiter comes around

What kind of entertainment do they have as far as shows? I am not a big show person but if it's worth it I would go check it out. Comedy shows in El Morrocco Lounge are a great alternative to the shows in the Main Theater, but shows in theater are not bad either. Some nts we went to both.

Any other suggestions for a short cruise? I have done this itinerary before but not on this ship so I won't have a lot of time to explore. I want to hit all the good stuff if possible. :)

Thanks.

My answers are above in red. We sailed on The Splendor last July & are sailing again in June. Have a great time!

Dina

Got a few questions:

Does Carnival have their MDR open for lunch on embarkation day?

Is the first sea day dress up night?

Do they have martini clinics ( or any other alcohol tastings) on board? They have martini tastings in the El Mojito bar on deck 5 from 5-11 every night. I believe it's $17 for 4 martini samplers.

Is there a better time to go for anytime dining when it's not so crowded? ( like 8 or 9?) We had ATD. We always got right in and we were there 6-6:15. The only time we had a wait is when we got there at 7pm.

Do they sell buckets of beer? You deduct $2/bucket of beer

I see they have the Serenity area ( Is that the correct name? All I can think of is "Serenity Now!" , from Seinfeld) is there an adult only pool there also? Do they have bar service there? Adult only pool is aft Lido. (Liner Pool) Serenity on the Splendor is pretty much a joke. Just some lounge chairs and the mini golf is right above you!

What kind of entertainment do they have as far as shows? I am not a big show person but if it's worth it I would go check it out.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. Does the adult pool area get crowed fast? I am guessing it is not that big.

Yes, it does. Be sure to have sandals with you because it is in full sun and the deck gets HOT. Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. Click on CCL, then Splendor, then you'll see a little thing that you can press to "drag decks" or you can just click on each deck. Liner is on Lido deck 9 aft. This is also where the Deli and Tandoor is. It does have some tables in the shade too!

I'd say all the more reason to use the adult pool, but I don't know as some adults are any better! :o

While on the Ecstasy my wife commented on a guy who got buckets of beer delivered to him in the Jacuzzi and never left .........:eek:

While on the Ecstasy my wife commented on a guy who got buckets of beer delivered to him in the Jacuzzi and never left .........:eek:

Buckets of beer + sitting in water=:eek: I wonder if the pool stewards should put stickers on everyone's head who is drinking in the pools and hot tubs and every 20 minutes they are required to take a potty break~~~ IN THE POTTY. ;)

Buckets of beer + sitting in water=:eek: I wonder if the pool stewards should put stickers on everyone's head who is drinking in the pools and hot tubs and every 20 minutes they are required to take a potty break~~~ IN THE POTTY. ;)

LOL.

They had to call security to come help a women out f the hot tub once because she stayed in too long and couldn't stand up when she tried t get out. Her legs were like jello. Those things can be deadly. Mix in booze and you could be in big trouble.:eek:

Sorry if this has been already discussed in this thread, but was thinking of trying the steakhouse this upcoming cruise. How is it on the Splendor? Last cruise we did a lot of evening walking on the deck that surrounds the steakhouse and it tended to look empty. Made us a little wary.

We went 1 night in October and then again this April and really enjoyed it. The first time it was about half full and last time it was completely full. The service and food is excellent. I would really recommend it . Go hungry because it is a LOT of food

sent from my commodore 64

Trying Carnival after many years cruising another line that offer some really great specialty resturants. Does Carnival have some and which ones do you recommend and what did you enjoy the best (appertizers, entrees, dessert). Thanks.

Edited by gizmo911

Sorry if this has been already discussed in this thread, but was thinking of trying the steakhouse this upcoming cruise. How is it on the Splendor? Last cruise we did a lot of evening walking on the deck that surrounds the steakhouse and it tended to look empty. Made us a little wary.

We ate in the steak house on the Miracle and I loved it - it's cool because it's in the stack with sky light windows. But because the ceiling is so high, it's very noisy. The staff was okay but not particularly notable. The food was fabulous!

We went twice to the steak house on the Splendor and it was sooo much better. The staff was fantastic. The atmosphere was so much more intimate - like a first class upscale restaurant. Food was also just as fabulous. The chef came out and went around to all the tables. He recognized us the second time we ate there - all the staff did actually. And when we did the Behind the Fun tour, he called us by name and said he was glad to see us again. THe wait staff were friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Even the wine steward and they are often a bit stand offish :)

We've already got our reservations for the next cruise in Sept.

Gizmo911 - The steak house is the only pay extra specialty restaurant on the Splendor. My favorites are the Ahi Tuna Tartare. I've tried both the spinach salad and the tomato salad with the Gorgonzola cheese - excellent. I get the surf & turf - lobster tail with filet, but save room for dessert. THe chocolate sampler is scrumptious and the cheesecake is to die for! It's HUGE!

The Splendor also has the Mongolian Wok where you pick the starch (noodles, rice), the veggies, the protein (chicken shrimp, beef, pork) and the sauce and they cook it right in front of you. YUM!

There's a Tandoori, a Burrito Bar and a Rotisserie (chicken and sides) - also 24 hour pizza, a deli and a grill in addition to the Lido Buffet and MDR brunch. NONE of those restaurants have a charge.

We went during our May Splendor cruise. Everything was delicious and the service top notch. If you order the cheesecake for dessert be prepared for it to be about the size of your head! :)

Edited by jenny105

• 2 weeks later...

We were on deck 9 in May. Actually pretty good location . . no one except those with rooms have reason to go down to those rooms. I did notice they kept the big doors nearest the elevators closed at night when some of the atrium noise may make its way up to the rooms. We heard nothing.

We went during our May Splendor cruise. Everything was delicious and the service top notch. If you order the cheesecake for dessert be prepared for it to be about the size of your head! :)

Thanks, glad to hear it was good! Looking forward to it!

Just received our cabin assignment we will be on deck 9 same as pool and buffet anyone been on this deck just concerned about the amount of people on deck 9.

In my opinion you go a great cabin assignment! We love the lido deck, so convenient. We had a cabin last year near the elevators and we didn't experience any atrium or pool noise. We didn't really see a lot of people either. We booked another lido cabin for this October too.