? diamond club on Allure

It overlooks the promenade. It is open 24 hours a day but happy hour is generally 5-8:30PM or so. Happy hour may be in a nightclub depending on how many diamond and above members are onboard. Free drinks during happy hour (liquor drinks, beer, and wine) and free coffee machine any time of the day.

It overlooks the promenade. It is open 24 hours a day but happy hour is generally 5-8:30PM or so. Happy hour may be in a nightclub depending on how many diamond and above members are onboard. Free drinks during happy hour (liquor drinks, beer, and wine) and free coffee machine any time of the day.

When there are more diamond members than the Diamond Lounge can hold (which is often) then the evening happy hour will be held in the Blaze Nightclub. :)

Can you wear shorts to the club? Recently off of Celebrity- and no shorts/ flip flops allowed. Our dinner is not till 830- so we may go to club early then get changed for dinner.

These days, unfortunately, anything goes. I can't think of any mode of dress that I have NOT seen in the Concierge Lounge, unchallenged.

:(

Can you wear shorts to the club? Recently off of Celebrity- and no shorts/ flip flops allowed. Our dinner is not till 830- so we may go to club early then get changed for dinner.

Don't wear shorts. It is a classy place, you will likely look out of place dressed down

These days, unfortunately, anything goes. I can't think of any mode of dress that I have NOT seen in the Concierge Lounge, unchallenged.

Yes, I've seen the bathrobes too.:eek:

Thanks for the info.- so it souds like most people dress for dinner first then go to the club for a cocktail prior to dinner ( except the person in the bathrobe??). I thought I read that some cocktails are free and some are discounted? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.- so it souds like most people dress for dinner first then go to the club for a cocktail prior to dinner ( except the person in the bathrobe??). I thought I read that some cocktails are free and some are discounted? :rolleyes:

On ships with a dedicated Diamond Lounge (Allure is one of those), drinks are free during the evening cocktail hour, from about 5pm to 8:30pm. These drinks are house champagne, house wine, beer, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and soda.

Discounted drinks would be on a ship without a dedicated Diamond Lounge, of which there are fewer and fewer now. I can think of Majesty, Brilliance, Jewel, Vision, and all Voyager class ships except for Mariner. By the end of 2014, all ships should have a dedicated Diamond Lounge except for Majesty and possibly Jewel.

not for cocktail hour.

standard dinner attire.

at any other time of day it's fine.

ahh but don't you remember our lovely companion with the blazer and the bike shorts?! he was at least semi challenged....

ahh but don't you remember our lovely companion with the blazer and the bike shorts?! he was at least semi challenged....

Fortunately, I didn't witness it. :rolleyes:

But I have seen shorts and flipflops and wet bathing suits and bare feet in the CL on Allure.

Edited by Merion_Mom

When we were on Oasis, we stopped in the DL for a quick drink before we went up to change for dinner and we were politely told that shorts were not allowed. Did not realize it until they said that so we left and went upstairs to change and then went to the CL instead

Where is the Diamond club on the Allure? What are the times it is open? Is there a dress code? Are the drinks free or discounted? Thanks for any input!:)

It is above Bolero's overlooking the Promendade. Drinks are free during the cocktail hour and there will be some appetizer type stuff available.

On Oasis and Allure are Diamond Plus Members welcome in the Diamond or Concierge Lounge?

Crusin Nut

Both. We went to the CL most of the time as the view over the boardwalk was so pretty. Only went to the DL once the entire week. CL on Oasis and Allure is far superior to the DL unlike the other ships.

I've been on the Allure twice and the Oasis once at various times of the year. Never has the nightly happy hour been in the D lounge. Its always been held down below in the nightclub. Last time, I didn't think we had so many diamonds we couldn't have fit in the real D lounge.

Has anyone been on these ships when the happy hour was actually held in the Diamond lounge rather than relocated?

I've been on the Allure twice and the Oasis once at various times of the year. Never has the nightly happy hour been in the D lounge. Its always been held down below in the nightclub. Last time, I didn't think we had so many diamonds we couldn't have fit in the real D lounge.

Has anyone been on these ships when the happy hour was actually held in the Diamond lounge rather than relocated?

We were on a B2B on the Oasis and the DL was used the first week (with so few people that we were allowed to take our drinks out) but the second week there were so many Ds that it moved to Blaze. I like going to the DL sometimes because of the view of the Promenade.

It's nice to have both options.

On the Allure this past December Blaze was used and the Jazz Club was the overflow to Blaze...with entertainment. We actually enjoyed going there more than the Concierge Lounge (which was extremely crowded). Did the CL at lunch or breakfast.

Edited by beachnative

I have been on the Oasis twice during President's week and was on the Allure last year the third week of April. All three times it was held in the DL. I will be on the Allure in two days and will see where it is held this time.