Stupid Question re Embarkation in San Pedro

Working 2 Cruise

As a platinum newbie, I am getting preferred boarding. The question is that the preferred boarding section in San Pedro has two rooms, one with coffee and pastries, the other with chairs only.

Are we going to be allowed to get coffee and pastries when we get there? Or is this just for elite and suite passengers? I do not want to get something I am not entitled to...

Thanks and happy sailings to everyone!

I didn't see coffee or pastries anywhere when we embarked in March, just water.

Thanks! I thought I had seen this last year and I was hoping that it would still be there since I hate having breakfast the morning of embarkation and am usually starving by the time I get there!:o

I have embarked 3 times from San Pedro as Platinum but never seen coffee and pastries.... but then again we normally get there just in time to get on the ship..i dont recall having to wait ever. (well, once, long before we were platinum we waited like an hour to get on)

We sailed from the beautiful San Pedro Terminal last October. Thee was a separate room for Suite and Elite wich served coffee, juice and cookies. The Platinum area was just outside this room. We would not say this room was watched closely as we observed Platinum passengers come in for cofee. Boarding was well controlled. They first called Suite and Black Cards and took them to the boarding area. If you were not in these catagories you were refused boarding at that time.

We boarded in San Pedro end of Sept. of last year & we had a full suite. The waiting room we were in (we got there early) had coffee, tea, juice, pastries, cookies, & small sandwiches like they service @tea on the ship. Was very nice.

Possibly they had a Suite only room, which we feel they should ! We wre not aware of this room. We are Elite and were quite happy with our treatment. :)

No such thing as a suite room, sometimes they have pastries most of the time they don't.

I traveled as a first time Platinum but was in a suite. They had coffee and pastries so not sure if it was because of the suite. I will not be in suite on my next cruise, so will check back in, if someone does not answer your question first.

Renee

Thanks! I thought I had seen this last year and I was hoping that it would still be there since I hate having breakfast the morning of embarkation and am usually starving by the time I get there!:o

I think you may have misread what critterchick said...

I think you may have misread what critterchick said...

What is there to misunderstand? Critterchick said there she saw only water... :confused:

What I said or should have said is that I hope there will be something to eat since I never eat breakfast in the morning and am always starving by the time I get to the port...

If there is nothing, that is fine... I just wanted to know what to expect and the bigger question was "am I entitled to partake in any of the goodies or not if offered?" Fairly simple and straightforward question.

Thank you all who have responded.

I have use that lounge twice as a Platinum member. There is an inside area and an outside area. I have never seen any indication that the inside was only for Elite. They have coffee and rolls if you get there early. They usually run out.

I have use that lounge twice as a Platinum member. There is an inside area and an outside area. I have never seen any indication that the inside was only for Elite. They have coffee and rolls if you get there early. They usually run out.

Thanks! I plan on being there by 11:00 tomorrow depending on traffic!

Archived