Aft JS's on Vision class?

Are the aft facing JS's covered on decks 7 and 8? I like shade on my balcony. Soot problems? Noise on deck 7 from the lounge below?

We were in an aft balcony on the Vision in March, and we had a fair amount of ash on our balcony. At night we could hear the party form below. These were a little annoying, but, nothing to be overly concerned about, IMHO.

I had 8088 (corner aft) on the Vision last November, no ash and very little shade from over head. I would take it again in a heart beat. A lot of time the ship itself created shade depending on what direction we were going and time of day.

Only downside was the long walk to get any ware.

Don

As you move to the center, the balconies get more cover and are deeper. We love the corners, but we also had the dead center JS on Rhapsody (8094 in the old numbering) and that was wonderful - it was as large as the cabin, and had tons of cover from rain and sun. We did hear a really loud crew party in the wee hours one night (the crew deck is below the passenger lounge and the aft bar is open). We called down to Guest services and gave them a choice of letting us crash the party or turning down the music. They chose the latter. :p

I love my aft cabins on Vision class!

Sailed on the Vision twice in 2012 in two different center aft JSs. They were partially covered and we never experienced any soot on either cruise. The only noise issue we had was one evening when someone in another aft cabin below was was playing music on their balcony at 2:00am. Great suites!

• 1 month later...

Any more replies about JS on deck 8..I'm also concerned with noise from deck above? Any secret semi private balconies on this ship? Never been on Vision before but considering a trip with just the hubby & I and trying to locate a good cabin.. Looking at balconies or JS...

Any more replies about JS on deck 8..I'm also concerned with noise from deck above? Any secret semi private balconies on this ship? Never been on Vision before but considering a trip with just the hubby & I and trying to locate a good cabin.. Looking at balconies or JS...

On Vision and Rhapsody the salon, the spa waiting area and a couple of treatment rooms are above the cabins, so you shouldn't hear a sound. We just disembarked Rhapsody on Friday, had 8096 (the former 8088) and never had an issue with noise from above or below, just with the engines (mostly when we came into port) and the ventilation register over the bed (I should have reported it to see if it could be fixed, but quit noticing it after a day or two). The side of the wraparound balcony is almost completely hidden from anybody's view - that's where the two loungers were located. And there's no security camera there, either.;)

DH would have preferred a bit more cover from the sun in the afternoons as we headed east, but not enough to give up the view.

On Vision and Rhapsody the salon, the spa waiting area and a couple of treatment rooms are above the cabins, so you shouldn't hear a sound. We just disembarked Rhapsody on Friday, had 8096 (the former 8088) and never had an issue with noise from above or below, just with the engines (mostly when we came into port) and the ventilation register over the bed (I should have reported it to see if it could be fixed, but quit noticing it after a day or two). The side of the wraparound balcony is almost completely hidden from anybody's view - that's where the two loungers were located. And there's no security camera there, either.;)

DH would have preferred a bit more cover from the sun in the afternoons as we headed east, but not enough to give up the view.

Thank you for your quick reply!! I was actually looking at 8088 & 8588. They seem like the best cabins!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks - I'll let my in-laws know. Last June we were able to get the wrap around and extra long connecting balconies on the Carnival Freedom. They opened up the divider and we could have had a party out there.

We had the RFS on Enchantment on deck 8 and it was wonderful. If we were on the balcony we could hear the crew party but not from inside. Then a month later we had a JS on deck 7. We did not hear anything from the lounge below but could hear the crew party when we were inside with the door closed. We did not have any soot problems on either deck

Archived