Escargot?

floralscent

One poster says she had them on the Infinity - May 1 TA. We were on the April 16 Panama Canal 15 nt. cruise which docked May 1 and there were none to be seen.

Missed it by two weeks. Oh well. Hope they will be on Solstice in September!

DQOTD

To those who had them within the past few weeks, were they "ON the Menu" or did you just ask for them?

I ask because they weren't on the menu on our cruise last month but I actually didn't just ask for them in case they were a "Celebrity Secrets Thread Item" :rolleyes: :p 2z3w9z7.jpg:o

Edited by A Sixth?

It would be interesting to know if people who have sailed to the Med on Silhouette have had them.

Sailed to the Med on the Silhouette in May. No escargot. :(. The substitute was stuffed mushrooms and they were NOT good at all.

Just got back from the Equinox and were told by a waiter that they came back a cruise prior to ours (June 22 was our sail date). They were quite good and had them almost every night!

Woohoo!!! The snails are sailin' once again!!! :D

• 1 month later...

Next month we will be on the Century and I love these tasty morsels....I have missed them in our last cruise in February on the Eclipse, and the previous cruise...stuffed mushroom caps are nice, but....nothing like a garlicky, juicy large snail to start off a meal!! This summer I could swear that the small slugs in my garden started to look tempting...it is bad when you wonder what garlic and butter would do to these normally only viewed as a garden pest tiny creatures.... Escargo withdrawal??

Next month we will be on the Century and I love these tasty morsels....I have missed them in our last cruise in February on the Eclipse, and the previous cruise...stuffed mushroom caps are nice, but....nothing like a garlicky, juicy large snail to start off a meal!! This summer I could swear that the small slugs in my garden started to look tempting...it is bad when you wonder what garlic and butter would do to these normally only viewed as a garden pest tiny creatures.... Escargo withdrawal??

Ditto!!! I'm hoping they have them on our cruise. I have not heard of a shortage of culinary snails this year, but.....

Currently on the Century. Had them on left side of menu last night. Ate at the Captains table, but was told they are on the left hand side for everyone. :)