Just out of interest now lots have tried Majesty..do you prefer Dream or Majesty ????

Hi everyone, just of of interest :confused: now so many have tried the Majesty and also been on the Dream which of the two do you prefer and why ... :confused::confused: ( forgetting Spirit and Celebration this time...) ;)

Definately Dream for me did not like the layout of the Majesty and especially the Cafe Royale.

Dream for me as well. Just back from Majesty and although we enjoyed the cruise and the ship, the self service restaurant really let it down. Breakfasts were ok but the area for food was cramped and choice seemed limited at lunch and dinner with food often luke warm. Very little indoor space for eating. Yes you could take it down to the Observatory bar but it was tricky getting down quite steep steps with a plate, cutlery and a drink. Maybe a tray would have been helpful.Food and service in the other restaurants was excellent. It wouldn't stop me booking again though. I'd happily go on any of the Thomson ships. :)

Can I sit on the fence and say I like both? ;)

The Dream is better for cabins - they are such a good size :) Not keen on the dark wood walls though :(

We thought the food was better on the Majesty. We liked the Cafe Royal, but found the dining rooms better for breakfast.

The theatre is much better, of course, on the Dream, although we were really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the shows on the Majesty, considering the limitations of the show lounge.

I like the look of the Majesty, outside and in. I loved the wood everywhere, it just seemed a very nice ship. In 9 days time I shall be on the Dream and looking forward to seeing what changes have been made since last time.

As Rosiebee says, I'd happily go on any Thomson ships.

Thanks everyone! We havnt been on either yet, on Majesty this summer and looked what's on offer next summer and can see itineraries on both I fancy but on Majesty if they do Adriatic every other week like this year and previous then won't be able to do the two we fancy back to back ( did Adriatic two years ago so don't want to repeat as so much more we havnt seen yet! )

Most important to us ( well me as hubby is so easy going ) is food and please don't laugh but a swimming pool I can touch the bottom of (with my head above the water ;) ) Majesty has a shallow pool :D:D and good reports on food in MDR and had seen so many rave reviews about Majesty in general and a few moans about the half hearted re furb on Dream along with lots of praise just wanted to ask the question and see if there was a clear winner .. :D

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Thanks!! haha, and Majesty or Dream ? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Went on Majesty for first time a few weeks ago and I rather liked her. So at the moment Majesty is ahead of Dream by a whisker.

I like the ambience of the smaller ships as you get to know other passengers and the wonderful staff more than you would on these new 3000+ super liners. For your info I would say my order of preference is

1. Spirit

2. Celebration

3. Destiny

4. Majesty

5. Dream

But I'm certain others will have a different, equally valid point of view. I'll have to have a think of why I put Majesty ahead of Dream if you're interested.

My vote goes to Dream.

The great service, warmth and ambience is the same but the design of Majesty doesn't appeal to me as much. Reasons;

- very cramped standard cabin compared with Dream (of course you can pay for an upgrade but we don't find that necessary on Dream)

- cramped pool deck and no space for loungers

- Seven Seas restaurant squashed (Four Seasons much better)

- Inadequate indoor seating for the self service and poor flow round service counters and user- unfriendly tea/coffee making stations

- show lounge with low ceiling creates some restrictions on shows and insufficient seating

- corridor style bar areas bit impersonal imo

- promenade deck more obstructed by lifeboat gantries

What I did prefer about Majesty;

- I did like the Royal Observatory bar though - Dream doesn't have an equivalent 180 viewing bar which is a shame.

- I liked the coffee bar on Majesty outside the Seven Seas

- Liked the wine package available on Majesty and not on Dream.

- The food was very good on Majesty - perhaps the best we've had on Thomson

Can't compare sunbed provision/availability/space though as we don't sit out in the sun much.

Both have excellent speciality restaurants.

We enjoyed our cruise on Majesty very much and the itinerary was great but since you asked for comparisons these are my reasons - all to do with the design of the ship - not the 'product'. I would go back on Majesty for the right itinerary and price as these features wouldn't spoil my holiday but I do much prefer the Dream.

tbo, ship is not a major factor for me, my order of preference would be

itinerary first

price

then ship (preferably Destiny)

Oh dear! :( Well that's an on-going problem then Geo! :D

I agree entirely with your priority list but tried to describe why I prefer one to the other for Dreamgirl and in my case that's just down to the design. Which is far better than if there were significant issues w.r.t. food, service, ambience etc - if they weren't good imo (which they are I hasten to add) then I wouldn't consider going back as they are the most important features of the ship to me.

The design is only a factor for me inasmuch as how impacts on 'the working' of the ship in terms of our cruise - size of cabin (or pay more for up-grade), poor showlounge sight-lines and modifications to shows and inadequate indoor self-service restaurant accommodation. They do actually affect us to an extent - although not enough to stop us going for the right itinerary and price! ;)

My vote goes to Dream.

The great service, warmth and ambience is the same but the design of Majesty doesn't appeal to me as much. Reasons;

- very cramped standard cabin compared with Dream (of course you can pay for an upgrade but we don't find that necessary on Dream)

- cramped pool deck and no space for loungers

- Seven Seas restaurant squashed (Four Seasons much better)

- Inadequate indoor seating for the self service and poor flow round service counters and user- unfriendly tea/coffee making stations

- show lounge with low ceiling creates some restrictions on shows and insufficient seating

- corridor style bar areas bit impersonal imo.

These are all the reasons we would NOT go on Majesty - have never been on her & would so love to do the Adriatic Itinerary again but really do not like e sound of all the above & there are so many people who have said the same as you Kruz, as well as the fact that I have heard they have not catered very well for a gluten free diet which is essential to us so we would just not risk it. Shame they didn't put the Majesty on the ex-Uk & put the Spirit back on the Adriatic!

These are all the reasons we would NOT go on Majesty - have never been on her & would so love to do the Adriatic Itinerary again but really do not like e sound of all the above & there are so many people who have said the same as you Kruz, as well as the fact that I have heard they have not catered very well for a gluten free diet which is essential to us so we would just not risk it. Shame they didn't put the Majesty on the ex-Uk & put the Spirit back on the Adriatic!

Definately NO NO NO Jules leave the Spirit where she is we are going on here next summer:):) and do not want to do the Majesty:( again

I don't think the Majesty would be moved to the Northern routes which are likely to be colder/wetter as there are only 100 seats in the indoor self-service so they rely heavily on outside seating in P. San Marco and the pool deck for self-service dining. We had two days of heavy rain on the Majesty which made the outside space unusable.

So hopefully no worries - or then again.............................. :D:D No seriously I don't think even Thomson management could make that mistake - Majesty is much better suited to the warmer itineraries!

Thanks again everyone, we never tried the Desiny but got to say i wish they would bring it back so we could, seems to be a big favourite with so many :cool:

May well try the Dream for next summer i think, just hope that i can touch the bottom of the pool :eek: and that the foods good :D:D , sure it must be ok as everyone seems to really like it!

Julie, we love the Spirit too ! ;)

Got to say how nice it is that you can ask a silly question like i have and get so many lovely friendly answers , big thanks again :cool:

Don't think I will ever go on the Majesty, the layout just doesn't appeal to me at all. Wouldn't mind a look around it though, but that isn't going to happen so we will stick with the Dream as our favourite with Spirit a close second.

Thanks again everyone, we never tried the Desiny but got to say i wish they would bring it back so we could, seems to be a big favourite with so many :cool:

Not for us it wasn't. Lounge areas etc were fine but IMO it was a bit of a rust bucket up top and also had a very dangerous gangway:mad:.

May well try the Dream for next summer i think, just hope that i can touch the bottom of the pool :eek: and that the foods good , sure it must be ok as everyone seems to really like it!

Julie, we love the Spirit too !

Got to say how nice it is that you can ask a silly question like i have and get so many lovely friendly answers , big thanks again

No such thing as a silly question but we do silly answers from time to time :D

I too would love the Destiny to make a Come back :) Good ship that I would book again .

As for Majesty Vs Dream , I will give you the answer to that in a few weeks time ;) Not done the dream yet .:D

Definately NO NO NO Jules leave the Spirit where she is we are going on here next summer:):) and do not want to do the Majesty:( again

Oooops - sorry Mary; forgot you are going again on her next year lol. !!!!!! Would love to do what you're doing but they don't do it in school holiday times!!!!

Archived