Just out of interest now lots have tried Majesty..do you prefer Dream or Majesty ????

At the hairdressers in town today a lady popped in to speak to the lady doing my hair, think they are relatives, I heard the words Palma Spain France...I asked when? the lady who came in said tomorrow. I said so am I but on a cruise, she replied a cruise for her too. I said not the Island Escape by any chance?........think you can guess the rest :D:D

Said we'll lookout for each other of course. Had a brilliant few minutes nattering away. Small world :)

Hi Little Nell/infoqueen thanks :) will be leaving in one hour, going from Luton usually go from Bham/E.Midlands but saved nearly £90 from Luton and thought it was worth it. Bye for now thanks again everyone.

Sorry I'm late! Have a fab time barnowl :D:D

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On the basis of the last week on the Dream, have to say we much preferred the Majesty :rolleyes:

Not been on the Dream, but I do feel comfortable on the Majesty. :). Interesting that you say....much preferred.... Was this because you did not feel well or (as I understand) the weather could have been better or the ship itself?

Not been on the Dream, but I do feel comfortable on the Majesty. :). Interesting that you say....much preferred.... Was this because you did not feel well or (as I understand) the weather could have been better or the ship itself?
No, I felt this from the beginning of the holiday. I think it comes down to the crew. Just so friendly and happy working together. It is the same on the Spirit :)

No, I felt this from the beginning of the holiday. I think it comes down to the crew. Just so friendly and happy working together. It is the same on the Spirit :)

Just mentioned this on another thread but when we got to know and talk to some of the crew on Majesty, they did seem anxious about their jobs.

Hi everyone, just of of interest :confused: now so many have tried the Majesty and also been on the Dream which of the two do you prefer and why ... :confused: ( forgetting Spirit and Celebration this time...) ;)

Can I sit on the fence and say I like both? ;)

The Dream is better for cabins - they are such a good size :) Not keen on the dark wood walls though

We thought the food was better on the Majesty. We liked the Cafe Royal, but found the dining rooms better for breakfast.

The theatre is much better, of course, on the Dream, although we were really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the shows on the Majesty, considering the limitations of the show lounge.

I like the look of the Majesty, outside and in. I loved the wood everywhere, it just seemed a very nice ship. In 9 days time I shall be on the Dream and looking forward to seeing what changes have been made since last time.

As Rosiebee says, I'd happily go on any Thomson ships.

As I promised Dreamgirl just back today and the reason i have posted Lindas comment is because it almost mirrors my views on the two ships ..

The first thing that hits you with the Majesty is the lifts and stairs are more update ... I thought the food was better on the Majesty as well

but served in more cramped conditions but the Cafe Royal never closed as one side shut the other was opened .

On the Dream Sirens was a better place with nice Views ,also should the weather turn bad you would get more Pax eating under cover in the Dream Lido and Sirens . The Dream Bistro is also a better venue compared to the Majestey Bistro .

The Dream also wins hands down on cabin size and outside for deck walking and plenty of chairs to relax in which is lacking on the Majesty .

I do like the top deck of the Majesty and the rear decks of the Dream for sailaways though . The band on the Dream (Top Men) were the best band I've seen up to yet .

The Showbar Troupes I think the Majesty just had the edge but that could be down to the fact the Dream Troupe are new and will improve

I'm sure to where I will not be able to seperate them .

So I reckon each ship has its good points to me neither ship is platinum and if they were docked together and i had to choose then this would be down to their itineraries as Rosiebee has put or Stevie .. Who cares as long as your away :cool:

I have been on the Dream a few times, the Majesty last month and the Dream in a few weeks. We much prefer the Dream every time. The crew and entertainment are great on both but the pool deck layout on the Majesty is rubbish and fragmented and we spend a lot of time there - not on sunbeds but on chairs enjoying the live music and quizzes etc. There is a sports deck on the Dream but not on the Majesty. The restaurants in the Majesty are cramped as is the show lounge and basic cabins.

As I promised Dreamgirl just back today and the reason i have posted Lindas comment is because it almost mirrors my views on the two ships ..

The first thing that hits you with the Majesty is the lifts and stairs are more update ... I thought the food was better on the Majesty as well

but served in more cramped conditions but the Cafe Royal never closed as one side shut the other was opened .

On the Dream Sirens was a better place with nice Views ,also should the weather turn bad you would get more Pax eating under cover in the Dream Lido and Sirens . The Dream Bistro is also a better venue compared to the Majestey Bistro .

The Dream also wins hands down on cabin size and outside for deck walking and plenty of chairs to relax in which is lacking on the Majesty .

I do like the top deck of the Majesty and the rear decks of the Dream for sailaways though . The band on the Dream (Top Men) were the best band I've seen up to yet .

The Showbar Troupes I think the Majesty just had the edge but that could be down to the fact the Dream Troupe are new and will improve

I'm sure to where I will not be able to seperate them .

So I reckon each ship has its good points to me neither ship is platinum and if they were docked together and i had to choose then this would be down to their itineraries as Rosiebee has put or Stevie .. Who cares as long as your away :cool:

Thanks kalos! Nice of you to remember this thread. Really interesting looking through at all the comments and the good points for both . We will be on majesty in a few weeks and hopefully the dream will be next!

Shame they can't sort the pool area on majesty and have loungers there as seems to annoy most people but great to hear the foods so good hopefully they will have to roll us off at the end :D:D:D:D

Thanks Linda and Jackie, I'm counting the days now till we go on majesty ( 54 ! ) and you both make it sound fab ! !'!!

These are all the reasons we would NOT go on Majesty - have never been on her & would so love to do the Adriatic Itinerary again but really do not like e sound of all the above & there are so many people who have said the same as you Kruz, as well as the fact that I have heard they have not catered very well for a gluten free diet which is essential to us so we would just not risk it. Shame they didn't put the Majesty on the ex-Uk & put the Spirit back on the Adriatic!

HI

we were on the majesty in june 2012, my friend is a coeliac and the Four Seasons rest. was quite simply brilliant with her.

the head waiter was made aware by us on entering the 1st night and thereafter he came to her each evening, showed the menu for the next night and she chose what she wanted. if it was something that normally she could have (i.e. bread and butter pudding) it was made specially for her. they were brilliant.

don't let that 1 issue put you off.

Gilly

HI

we were on the majesty in june 2012, my friend is a coeliac and the Four Seasons rest. was quite simply brilliant with her.

the head waiter was made aware by us on entering the 1st night and thereafter he came to her each evening, showed the menu for the next night and she chose what she wanted. if it was something that normally she could have (i.e. bread and butter pudding) it was made specially for her. they were brilliant.

Gilly

It would put me off - Scary Mary went on the Majesty in February this year and her husband is Coeliac; they didn't look after him very well at all & just cheese for desserts! We have 3 Coeliacs in our family so it has to be right - it should be anyway however many of you there are but for the price we pay for 4people, we couldn't risk spoiling a 2 week holiday if the food was not available or right to eat - my family are not fussy eaters at all but they have to eat gluten free!!! ;)

HI

Gilly

Hi

I see that Jules has also replied to this.

It would appear that it depends on the staff at the time you go.

It was the same with the menu for hubby except the desserts he was only offered cheese or ice cream, but the biggest problem were the waiters we had the same table every evening so they should have known but they kept bringing him the wrong meal. We have done 7 cruises since he was diagnosed and has never been ill on board but he was ill on the Majesty.

I did contact Thomson when we got home and they are stepping up the training so it doesn't happen again, which is good to know.

I can see where Jules is coming from I think in her place especially with children I would have to wait until there was a positive review on this again before I would risk it.

On the basis of the last week on the Dream, have to say we much preferred the Majesty :rolleyes:

Nice to hear you like the Majesty Linda, there are lots of Majesty fans about now ( and a few who hate her :( ) , only 46 days till our cruise so looking forward to seeing what its like, cant wait :D

Archived