Just out of interest now lots have tried Majesty..do you prefer Dream or Majesty ????

Dream on if anyone thinks we would go back on the Majesty unless it were really cheap:rolleyes:

Crikey boatboy why :confused::confused::confused:

We are on majesty this summer :eek:

I had heard such good reports about it :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Hi Dreamgirl, :)

Well I've nailed my colours to the mast very clearly in terms of which ship I prefer (it is just the design - like you prefer the design of one house above another) but I'd have absolutely no qualms about going back on Majesty if I wanted to do the itinerary and the price was acceptable. (However I would not go if the only cabins available were at the rear of Deck 4 - that's unacceptably noisy for me.) It was a very good holiday with the usual relaxed, friendly atmosphere and excellent food and service.

Absolutely nothing about the ship would spoil my holiday but I think it's worth describing what it is that didn't appeal so much so that others can get a feel of the differences between the ships. I appreciate comparisons drawn by CCers as it helps so much in terms of making decisions - not about the ships in my case as we have been on all the current Thomson ships - but perhaps in terms of excursions, destinations etc. Of course everyone has a different mix of what they like and how important different features are - for them and that's the key to reading others' opinions. What matters to one may be of no significance to another.

There have been lots of people who have spoken well of the Majesty and come back with glowing reports. Most of those who prefer Dream have also said they would still go on the Majesty - it's just a preference. And although one or two may have very strong views and wouldn't go back - there are some too who feel just as strongly about not liking Dream so much.

So relax, look forward to your holiday this summer. Enjoy the planning. We've done a lot of Thomson cruises and have enjoyed every single one - irrespective of which ship we've been travelling on. You will have a great time I'm sure and if you venture onto the Dream next year I'm sure you'll love that too. ;)

Dreamgirl, each to their own. As I said before, I liked Majesty and put it slightly ahead of Dream. I would go on any of the ships again as I like the overall offering especially great staff, good food and the smaller ships.

Try not to go with pre-conceived ideas and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Has anyone seen this officially but I was told last week by one of the head waiters on Majesty that Majesty has 'beaten' the Dream to top spot based on customer comments. Hope he was telling the truth or this might cause a storm! :rolleyes:

Based on Cruise Critic Review Page

It seems the Thomson Spirit is the most loved ....

Thomson Spirit 84% loved it ( 95 Reviews)

Thomson Celebration 77% loved it (158 Reviews)

Thomson Dream 76% loved it (349 Reviews)

Thomson Majesty 67% loved it ( 30 Reviews)

Island Escape 60% loved it (160 Reviews)

:):):) (based on 20/4/2013)

Based on Cruise Critic Review Page

It seems the Thomson Spirit is the most loved ....

Thomson Spirit 84% loved it ( 95 Reviews)

Thomson Celebration 77% loved it (158 Reviews)

Thomson Dream 76% loved it (349 Reviews)

Thomson Majesty 67% loved it ( 30 Reviews)

Island Escape 60% loved it (160 Reviews)

:):):) (based on 20/4/2013)

I was told that Majesty topped the overall list of most popular Thomson ship based on the comments questionnaires filled in on the ships, including food, entertainment, staff, etc which would probably give a different result than one based on CC reviews. I found that when I mentioned CC to fellow passengers that most had not heard of it.

I was told that Majesty topped the overall list of most popular Thomson ship based on the comments questionnaires filled in on the ships, including food, entertainment, staff, etc which would probably give a different result than one based on CC reviews. I found that when I mentioned CC to fellow passengers that most had not heard of it.

Good news for you Dreamgirl!

However......

If you look in the new Thomson brochure the customer satisfaction survey for holiday overall says:-

98% for Dream & Spirit

97% for Celebration

And

95% for Majesty

All pretty good percentages though!!!!!

Yes I had seen those figures myself Jules , was just comparing this site to Thomsons own Figures :)

I was not Doubting what the waiter said to Jakanne (Welcomme home :D)

Either way it seems the figures show the Spirit to be popular and the Dream comes in close behind :)

Have not tried the Spirit yet so must try it out , same with the Dream but I'm days away from finding out what that is like .:D

ps Days away from the Dream now Linda:)

p.s....looking forward with interest to seeing Majesty at Livorno on Saturday :)

Mr & Mrs Barnowl

Have a Brilliant Cruise :D

Make sure you have that Bright couloured dress on Tuesday as we will be looking out for you in Palma

as you stroll along the prom ;) enjoy :D

http://www.auditoriumpalma.com/web_cam_paseo_maritimo_harbour_palma/

To Linda, Barnowl and Kalos, have a great time on your cruises. So jealous now that I have had my cruise.

Thanks M'dear will do our best;)

Have a fab cruise to all of you 47 days to mine I'm so envious

Thanks and yours will be here before you know it:D

Oh lovely views kalos thanks....will wear orange dress and hubby will be out in his red dress, give us a shout if you spot us :D:D

I've got my walkie-talkie on charge :rolleyes:;):D:D

Archived