Quantum of the Seas - Where have all the Junior Suites gone???

Alright, I just found out what a spa JS is and I LOVE it. I'll pay extra for it without a doubt.

It will have a shower separate from the tub. And there will be a 2nd half bath that includes just a toilet and sink.

The weird part is that the shower will have a frosted glass wall that will allow light in from the bedroom. In other words, whoever is in there will likely see your shadow. Fine, if no one is there other than a close friend or spouse.

What I liked best about a GS is the second sink. A second toilet is a real bonus. And now we can walk into the shower without climbing into a tub.

Yippee!!

Gina

Gina, You made my day and made me feel so much better. I was going to sit down today and write RCI a letter to complain about taking what we all loved, the normal JS! Now I won't have to do that. :p Thanks for doing the research. I was thinking last night also, that these deck plans could definitely change along the way as they start building the ship. They may change up the cabins again, who knows? I do feel a little better though and it would appear I will probably book a Spa JS too. As long as the price isn't too crazy. :eek: Have a great day!

Gina, You made my day and made me feel so much better. I was going to sit down today and write RCI a letter to complain about taking what we all loved, the normal JS! Now I won't have to do that. :p Thanks for doing the research. I was thinking last night also, that these deck plans could definitely change along the way as they start building the ship. They may change up the cabins again, who knows? I do feel a little better though and it would appear I will probably book a Spa JS too. As long as the price isn't too crazy. :eek: Have a great day!

I do fear the price of these new SJS category rooms. They can't really change the cabins though if they are going to be selling them in just over a month.

I know many people like to book the very first sailing. I'd rather wait for at least the second. :D

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the deck plans that haven't been announced yet. Restaurants and locations would be nice to know. You are right, any of that can change.

Gina

I do fear the price of these new SJS category rooms. They can't really change the cabins though if they are going to be selling them in just over a month.

I know many people like to book the very first sailing. I'd rather wait for at least the second. :D

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the deck plans that haven't been announced yet. Restaurants and locations would be nice to know. You are right, any of that can change.

Gina

Like you probably won't be on the first few sailings either. I may have to wait until 2015 May or June to sail with my DD. This cruise could be a college graduation present. The other time I was thinking of sailing was Dec 2014 before the holidays. Will have to wait & see what the sailings will be. We will be on Freedom of the Seas when they open up the bookings for Quantum. I'm glad that I can discuss the cabin options with a planner on board to get more information. Enjoy your day Gina!

I think the advantage is that previously, if mom and dad wanted to book a junior suite, and have the kids in a separate, cheaper cabin, that was hard to find, since you don't typically find a JS next door to a regular balcony, or a JS next door to an interior. So the new design isn't so much about having common living space as it is being able to book different cabin categories and have them all right next to each other in a pseudo-adjoining layout.

You are right. Sometimes you can find them but they aren't being held by RCI in order to book them that way. I think these, along with other connecting staterooms, will be held separately with the requirement to book them that way. Well, actually I know that's what they are doing with many cabins after reading the materials.

And that means there are no junior suites for people to book who just want a regular junior suite. Basically, there are none. Unless people can wait until the last minute and see if they are releases to non-family travelers.

Gina

I still hope that RCI re-thinks the whole JS situation and adds more of the standard JS we are all used to without being attached to the family type suites in the hump corners. Keeping my fingers crossed! I know they read CC. :rolleyes:

As for size, the spa junior suites are definitely not larger than the most recent junior suites. All Radiance, Freedom, and Oasis class all have larger JSs. They seem to be about the size of Voyager class at 267 sq. ft. (81 sq ft balcony) and definitely larger than all Vision class junior suites. But really, I'd consider them downsized, not 9% larger. The sitting area states it has a corner settee. It sounds like a full size sofa isn't part of the deal which must be why they only hold 2 people.

I really would like to see a floor plan.

Gina

As for size, the spa junior suites are definitely not larger than the most recent junior suites. All Radiance, Freedom, and Oasis class all have larger JSs. They seem to be about the size of Voyager class at 267 sq. ft. (81 sq ft balcony) and definitely larger than all Vision class junior suites. But really, I'd consider them downsized, not 9% larger. The sitting area states it has a corner settee. It sounds like a full size sofa isn't part of the deal which must be why they only hold 2 people.

I really would like to see a floor plan.

Gina

Did RCI indicate when the cabin descriptions would be available? I'm also wondering since C&A members can start booking as of May 27th, when will the scheduled dates with the itineraries be available for us to look at? I am thinking I may book a Quantum cruise on our FOS cruise in May 26th.

Did RCI indicate when the cabin descriptions would be available? I'm also wondering since C&A members can start booking as of May 27th, when will the scheduled dates with the itineraries be available for us to look at? I am thinking I may book a Quantum cruise on our FOS cruise in May 26th.

The actual descriptions are all on pages 8 and 9 of this brochure. But the only floor plan shown is the familly connected stateroom.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/6fd79369#/6fd79369/8

I would think the itineraries would be released tomorrow according to this deployment schedule.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Gina

The actual descriptions are all on pages 8 and 9 of this brochure. But the only floor plan shown is the familly connected stateroom.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/6fd79369#/6fd79369/8

I would think the itineraries would be released tomorrow according to this deployment schedule.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Gina

As always you are so helpful! Thanks so much, just printed the cabin descriptions to read over. I hope we sail together in the very near future. ;):)

It's all about having plenty of room to move around. A fantastic closet, larger bathroom with a [small] tub/shower combo that's larger than the tube style & comfortable seating. No suite perks but, they don't cost what suites do. Double points are a nice bonus but it's the space that lures most of us in.

For the record, they are significantly larger than a regular balcony cabin &, IMHO, your last comment is rude & uncalled for.

I have to agree. The extra space is what it is about for us. In our balcony on Oasis, not being able to walk between the bed and the wall when my husband or son were standing there in the way drove me absolutely bonkers. After that, we will always pay more just for the ability to not have a one way road type walk through of the cabin. It brought out this claustrophobia thing in me that I didn't even realize that I had! lol.

I have to agree. The extra space is what it is about for us. In our balcony on Oasis, not being able to walk between the bed and the wall when my husband or son were standing there in the way drove me absolutely bonkers. After that, we will always pay more just for the ability to not have a one way road type walk through of the cabin. It brought out this claustrophobia thing in me that I didn't even realize that I had! lol.

This was exactly our problem on Celebrity in a concierge class cabin. And it was just the 2 of us. It's bad when the bed is over by the bathroom and we need to keep going back and forth between the desk area and the bathroom. A JS allows freedom of movement in the room without someone constantly needing to get out of the other's way.

Some people solve that problem by getting dressed at different times - one goes out. We never seem to be able to work that out.

Gina

As always you are so helpful! Thanks so much, just printed the cabin descriptions to read over. I hope we sail together in the very near future. ;):)

Maybe we'll be hump neighbors in Dec 2014. :D I'm still preparing myself for the shock of the price.

Gina

Maybe we'll be hump neighbors in Dec 2014. :D I'm still preparing myself for the shock of the price.

Gina

I have a price in mind what the going rate is, then I added some money for "newness and innovative" then I added more money that I would have spent on airfare, luggage fees, seat fees, overweight luggage fees :eek:, pre-cruise transportation, pre-cruise hotel room, pre-cruise meal and ....

I think I might NOT be sticker shocked after all!

I have always wondered what JS are all about :confused:

They don't seem to be much bigger than some of the other Cabins and when you look under benefits, lurks and perks for the other Suites , JS seem to be excluded from most of the benefits of suites

Allowing that cruise liners seem to be full of people who are "Would be if they Could be" they are probably for people to say "and we stayed in a Junior Suite" to friends and family .

Cynical old me :cool:

The JS is twice as big as a regular balcony cabin. We've cruised in both and I will never go back to a balcony cabin. And if you catch the cruise when it first comes on-line (the very first day), a JS is only $50 more than a balcony cabin. FYI, I don't cruise in a JS to flaunt it over other people - I like the extra room (a couch, easy chairs, big bathroom, bigger balcony, much more storage, and the double points don't hurt either). Forgot to mention we do get more coupons and more OBC. ;)

I have a price in mind what the going rate is, then I added some money for "newness and innovative" then I added more money that I would have spent on airfare, luggage fees, seat fees, overweight luggage fees :eek:, pre-cruise transportation, pre-cruise hotel room, pre-cruise meal and ....

I think I might NOT be sticker shocked after all!

So what is your guess? I'm just curious. SWA is usually cheap enough to fly for us and there is no luggage cost there. I don't even figure in the hotel or meals because we go early enough to explore and consider it a separate land vacation. I just like a reasonable value for the stateroom. I'm just hoping it won't cost more than Alaska or Australia which seem to get top dollar.

So, what price do you have in mind for a spa junior suite?

Gina

Anyone know where all the info went? All the deck plans and itinieries? I thought it was odd all that info came out so fast. Is it possible it was put out by mistake and they took the pages down? I knew I should have printed those deck plans.

The deck plans are right here.

http://quantumoftheseas.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/deck-plans/

Gina

wow, you guys are awefully butt-hurt over a partial, conceptual rendering for a ship that hasn't even been built yet.

You may have to think outside the box a little, things are different, you're going to have to change with the times.

Exactly.

The funniest part is that 3 years from now someone will log on and question these very things and these same people will jump down their throats for not LOVING ROYAL ENOUGH to see how wonderful they always knew these features were.

They did it for the Oasis-class, they will do it for each new class that comes along.

The point is, the drawings are not complete. The ship isn't built yet. Nothing is in stone... in fact, the Oasis upgrade program has taught us that even if it IS SET IN STONE, that doesn't mean they won't change it, upgrade it, expand it, re-work it, remodel it, or otherwise improve it in the future.

So what is your guess? I'm just curious. SWA is usually cheap enough to fly for us and there is no luggage cost there. I don't even figure in the hotel or meals because we go early enough to explore and consider it a separate land vacation. I just like a reasonable value for the stateroom. I'm just hoping it won't cost more than Alaska or Australia which seem to get top dollar.

So, what price do you have in mind for a spa junior suite?

Gina

Spa Junior Suite? I have no clue.

I'll be happy in a virtual interior, but would prefer a standard balcony, let's start with that. Right now, for the week I'm traveling this year, I can book an 11 Night on EoS for $1600 pp. Factor in airfare if I were to fly to Florida to take the same cruise, $400 r/t = $2k pp. another couple hundred per person pre-cruise expenses.

I'm probably looking at paying about $2500 pp for a standard balcony on an 11 night cruise - chop off say $300 or so for a 7 night cruise, looking at about maybe $2k pp for a 7-day balcony cruise on Quantum during a busy (NOT holiday) week.

Thanks Gina. I had been checking during lunch and kept getting page not available errors. Just checked again and they are there. Yea!!

I've been having the same trouble today off and on. Maybe the world is having an internet connectivity crisis. ;)

Gina

Gina

That would be great. I need to see when DD will be home from her finals around that time. I know she wants to be home for the holidays. So I'm thinking mid-Dec 2014. Wonder what length cruises will be offered around that timeframe? I guess we will find out tomorrow when the post the new itineraries. YIPPEE!!!

That would be great. I need to see when DD will be home from her finals around that time. I know she wants to be home for the holidays. So I'm thinking mid-Dec 2014. Wonder what length cruises will be offered around that timeframe? I guess we will find out tomorrow when the post the new itineraries. YIPPEE!!!

They are posting itineraries with dates tomorrow?!?!?

Hopefully they will be posting them tomorrow. I'd hate to see them release the itineraries, prices on the date they open for bookings on May 27. If they do it all on that date, it would likely have a lot of people just placing a lot of rooms on hold while they sort through the itineraries and prices.

Gina

Archived