Quantum of the Seas - Where have all the Junior Suites gone???

I hope you mean for June of 2015?:)

Yes, 2015. She graduates in 12/2015. Meant to say options of early gift on NCL summer 2014 or actual graduation gift on Quantum on 12/2015. Wondering your opinion on both the boats and the time of year to destinations. : )

Thanks for noting my fingers too happy to type.

Yes, 2015. She graduates in 12/2015. Meant to say options of early gift on NCL summer 2014 or actual graduation gift on Quantum on 12/2015. Wondering your opinion on both the boats and the time of year to destinations. : )

Thanks for noting my fingers too happy to type.

I figured that's what you meant. You might want to go and edit your countdown clock also.:D

Have never been on NCL so can't form an opinion. The largest RCI ship we've been on to date was our b2b on Freedom this past December and we enjoyed that. Quantum looks to be an amazing vessel with so many different things to do. The ship will really be the destination.

We've sailed out of Baltimore in December when the weather was cold and snowy and it wasn't a problem. The weather tends to warm up the further south you go. In fact, we just returned from a b2b on Enchantment out of Baltimore and when the ship was returning to port on March 25 for our cruise to begin, they sailed through a snow storm.........and we are talking March.

Weather is very unpredictable in the NE. The NY area can have much milder winters than what we experience here in Ohio, so I wouldn't think that's going to be a problem for them.

I would think that since the policy for the extra cruise points (formerly cruise credit) for JS cabins was put into effect beginning on January 1, 2004, IMHO as long as the cabin description includes the word "Suite" you will get the extra points.

Thanks Patti, I figured as much too.

I'm still trying to figure out how a walk-in closet trumps almost anything in a stateroom for some people??????

I'm sure the extra space is nice, but how does that translate to make/break in regards to features?

I can't imagine a world where more bathroom space that human beings physically use facilities in multiple times a day and occupy multiple times a day isn't more valuable than a place to tuck clothes away that humans don't actually occupy or physically use. Maybe I underestimate the need for a walk-in closet for clothes to use?

We take all our own scuba gear with us which takes up space in a small cabin. Gear & dive bags etc ends up taking over the couch rendering it useless. Fins propped up against the wall, you get the picture. Just a cluttered mess and that annoying moving things 'from here to there' all week. That walk in closet allowed us to enjoy our cabin without dealing with all that frustration and after having one I would not want to go back to a regular cabin.

Also, I cruise with my son . I use that closet as a dressing room and its so nice not having to coordinate clothes changing while one of us either leaves the cabin or hangs out in a tiny bathroom waiting for the other to get dressed. Small piddly things I know, but for me personally that walk in closet makes the JS. Without it I would have to get a really good deal to ever book a JS without one.

Archived