Quantum of the Seas - The Mountain Gave Birth to a Mouse

The OP is concerned of obstructed views (from the superstructure) that is a minimum of a problem (if any) on the Oasis class, but is a problem on the NCL Epic, Solstice, etc.

Actually the poster wrote he/she was concerned about being out on the balcony and having the view down to the water blocked by lifeboats. Here is the exact quote:

My biggest complaint is that it appears many balconies will now look directly down onto life boats vs. looking directly down onto the water on other classes.

As I mentioned this is also a concern on the Oasis Class (depending on your deck) and the Radiance Class (again depending on your deck) and MANY other ships. It's not something unique to just the EPIC, SOLSTICE or QoTs.

My biggest complaint is that it appears many balconies will now look directly down onto life boats vs. looking directly down onto the water on other classes.

... Also keep in mind the lifeboats are not extending completely outside the hull such as on NORWEGIAN EPIC and OASIS OF THE SEAS.

2wcqk1y.jpg

30sfs6h.jpg

I saw that space and assumed it's the MDR. But it just doesn't look like great space since it's so low to the water meaning, like you said, no large windows. That's a good way to drive people to specialty dining that might not have such a closed in feel. Of course the to be announced areas aren't very high up either, are they.

In the end it's usually dark when many people are eating. Although up north it stays light pretty late, doesn't it. It is funny when people insist on a window seat when it's pitch black outside. :)

Although there is breakfast and lunch. Big windows are nice for that time of day. And large windows just give an appealing look to the room. That won't be happening on decks 3 and 4.

Gina

Just a thought but if RCI can create a Virtual Balcony View for an Inside Stateroom and unique virtual background scenery in 270 how big of a leap would it be for them to create exotic views for us in the MDR.

I saw that space and assumed it's the MDR. But it just doesn't look like great space since it's so low to the water meaning, like you said, no large windows. That's a good way to drive people to specialty dining that might not have such a closed in feel. Of course the to be announced areas aren't very high up either, are they.

In the end it's usually dark when many people are eating. Although up north it stays light pretty late, doesn't it. It is funny when people insist on a window seat when it's pitch black outside. :)

Although there is breakfast and lunch. Big windows are nice for that time of day. And large windows just give an appealing look to the room. That won't be happening on decks 3 and 4.

Gina

I don't know why they won't have large windows. I have been on 3 other ships and the MDR is always on decks 3, 4 and 5. Why wouldn't the QOS have the same windows as the Explorer, Navigator or Freedom?

I don't know why they won't have large windows. I have been on 3 other ships and the MDR is always on decks 3, 4 and 5. Why wouldn't the QOS have the same windows as the Explorer, Navigator or Freedom?

Maybe the computerized images aren't totally accurate. One would hope there will be large dining room windows where none are shown on the drawings.

Although on decks 3and4 where it appears the dining room will be, large windows may not be an option.

Quantum design is Celebrity Solstice derivative.

The MDR on the Solstice has no large windows. It is two decks high and located below the boat deck:

6r3ukl.jpg

On the RCI Freedom Class the MDR is three decks high (one deck is below the promenade deck):

54eh35.jpg

So people who have said this ship is similar in some ways to solstice class are right. Thanks for that info.

Have you been in a solstice MDR? If so, what do you think of it?

MDR decor on the Quantum will be different, so I am skipping it.

MDR on the Solstice.

Planning and volume: functional.

It's two decks high with the upper level being of a mezzanine style.

Niether cozy, nor spectacular.

The MDR on the Freedom class is way more interesting.

Places near the glass walls are spectacular.

izuvis.jpg

Archived