Photo Software For MacBook

Keith1010

Thanks for the responses! Since I learned it is called "noise", I played around with my iPhoto a bit and was able to de-noise a few pics with good enough results. For now, I will continue that. I am still playing with my camera to figure out different settings, I am the laziest person when it comes to "reading the manual"... I just want to play with the camera or have someone show me what to do :D

TrackerDave, you are right about that vicious cycle! Trying new software on an old computer can turn into a money pit! :eek:

Edited by APDMOM
typo

Glad this tread was resurrected. Good info. I played around with Lightroom a year ago for 30 days but didn't like the subscription service requirement. Thinking about aperture.

I and pretty sure you can still buy Lightroom outright without a subscription. If you want/need photoshop then the sub is not a bad deal. The advantage, from what I see, is you don't have to keep paying for the latest versions as they come out.

Edited by TruckerDave

Glad this tread was resurrected. Good info. I played around with Lightroom a year ago for 30 days but didn't like the subscription service requirement. Thinking about aperture.

You can buy Lightroom outright. The subscription is for the creative cloud version. I love Lightroom for image post processing and do 98% of my image work there. I only move to photoshop for vfx work.

Give Google Picasa a try for bulk editing and then Photoshop Elements for the handful you want to tweak.

Picasa is free, and it flies on the MacBook.

JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My contrary view is to stick with iPhoto until you reach its limits.

[This includes use of an external editor for the few images that need more manipulation than iPhoto can do on its own].

It's a simple interface, but there is a lot of capability for organization.

I skip iPhoto and just use Adobe Lightroom. I shoot RAW whenever possible (pesky waterproof camera only does jpgs) and like being able to edit/export/post with a single app.

And yes another benefit of LR is you can get a stand alone non CC version. I couldn't imagine trying to deal with CC issues while on a ship.

Edited by Emperor Norton