What Do You Think Cruising On The Quantum Of The Seas Will Cost???

We were on the ignaugral Caribbean sailing of Celebrity's Silhouette out of Bayonne in 11/06/11. This is a sister company owned by RCCI, We had a balcony cabin, free dinner for 2, and $300. in OBC. It was a 12 night southern, and we paid about $1300 PP..............since this is supposed to be a step up from RCCI, and a new beautiful ship, we thought the price was not bad.

Hoping the prices are in line with that.:eek:

I am hoping prices are the same as they are on the Allure. If we could just save airfare from BOS to Florida on school vacation weeks, it's well worth it.

Len, I think they will be way higher. They have done the research and know what the demand (population) is in the area is as well as what the "average" a family is willing to spend on a weeks vacation, they know that's different than what the average family in say, Kansas, might spend. They know what we pay for a week in the Hamptons, or on the Cape for a rental vs what a person who rents on a lake in Branson pays. They know how to price competitively with the other vacation options available to the people in our area. They know if we don't have to fly, that families here can and will absorb some higher cruise prices.

Demand will be strong for the "new ship" and they will be able to easily fill her at their prices, I would expect them to be high- especially during vacation weeks. They know when these are too, and prices are always higher for those weeks than at other times. It's a multi gazillions dollar business, they have people to figure this all out;)

I'm likely to do what we've done in the past- when Freedom class came out we cruised Mariner class because it was a bargain, and after Quantum, I'm hoping Allure and Oasis will be relatively reasonable with possible lower demand- we shall see!:D.

Len, I think they will be way higher. They have done the research and know what the demand (population) is in the area is as well as what the "average" a family is willing to spend on a weeks vacation, they know that's different than what the average family in say, Kansas, might spend. They know what we pay for a week in the Hamptons, or on the Cape for a rental vs what a person who rents on a lake in Branson pays. They know how to price competitively with the other vacation options available to the people in our area. They know if we don't have to fly, that families here can and will absorb some higher cruise prices.

Demand will be strong for the "new ship" and they will be able to easily fill her at their prices, I would expect them to be high- especially during vacation weeks. They know when these are too, and prices are always higher for those weeks than at other times. It's a multi gazillions dollar business, they have people to figure this all out;)

I'm likely to do what we've done in the past- when Freedom class came out we cruised Mariner class because it was a bargain, and after Quantum, I'm hoping Allure and Oasis will be relatively reasonable with possible lower demand- we shall see!:D.

Hi Kathleen, you know we are more Princess people and you know RCI better than we do. I am still holding out hope that prices will be reasonable, especially during Massachusetts school vacation week in April. They still have to compete with the Breakaway out of NY and the Breakaway pricing is not bad.

I see the post up top about $350 per night for a balcony. Is that for two people or one? :eek: In any case, I like your strategy about going Freedom class. I'm not sure I'd go back on the Allure again or Oasis so soon (Spring of 2015). We'll find out soon on the pricing.

I haven't read your review yet. Sounds like you all had a great time on the Allure. My kids loved it (we did too ;)). Maybe we'll actually get to meet you on a future April school vacation cruise. The Allure was just one busy time with nonstop things to do. Amazing.

For ALL the posts!!! :)

I DO appreciate it!!! :)

This new ship sure is causing A LOT of buzz!!! :)

Unfortunately, it's causing the wrong buzz! There's way too much speculation on what the prices will be and none of the information is concrete. IMO, everyone needs to chill and stop causing useless anxiety. When the prices are officially announced, that's when everyone can give a sigh of relief or double your dose of blood pressure medication.

Hi Kathleen, you know we are more Princess people and you know RCI better than we do. I am still holding out hope that prices will be reasonable, especially during Massachusetts school vacation week in April. They still have to compete with the Breakaway out of NY and the Breakaway pricing is not bad.

I see the post up top about $350 per night for a balcony. Is that for two people or one? :eek: In any case, I like your strategy about going Freedom class. I'm not sure I'd go back on the Allure again or Oasis so soon (Spring of 2015). We'll find out soon on the pricing.

I haven't read your review yet. Sounds like you all had a great time on the Allure. My kids loved it (we did too ;)). Maybe we'll actually get to meet you on a future April school vacation cruise. The Allure was just one busy time with nonstop things to do. Amazing.

Like Erik, says, right now it's all speculation!;) Yes, we had a great cruise and sorry we missed meeting you, the kids did have a ball, there is more than enough to do on that ship! Check out the review to see how amny "near misses we might ahve had!

We don't have many April vacations left thankfully- DD's student exchange program rules out a cruise next year and then only one after that...so maybe we will join you on Quantum:D!!

Enjoy your next cruise!!

The guess was $350-400/nite for 2 people in a balcony.

The guess was $350-400/nite for 2 people in a balcony.

That isn't too bad. I would think main thing from stopping me from booking would be the 7 or 8 night itineraries. Right now, they are saying cruises will stop in Port Canaveral, CocoCay and Nassau. The longer itineraries, which include St Kitts, Martinique, and Barbados would be great, but these would seem like summer itineraries and not the week long itineraries that they'll probably do during April school vacation weeks. I suppose the ship would have to have a wow factor for us to do a 7-day cruise for those 7-day ports.

My guess is a standard balcony will be $350-400 per nite. My current threshold is $300/nite but I could make an exception in this case, especially since we can drive to NJ.

I can't believe you people are telling Royal Caribbean you will pay any thing to cruise on this ship.We deserve what ever crazy price they charge. :confused: :eek:

I can't believe you people are telling Royal Caribbean you will pay any thing to cruise on this ship.We deserve what ever crazy price they charge. :confused: :eek:

I sure won't pay anything. If I'm going to port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nassau, I'll drive to Port Canaveral and go right from there. I still don't consider PC a port stop. You can't walk anywhere.

If I'm going to pay $350 to $400 a night it better be a suite - or the Ritz Carlton.:)

I sure won't pay anything. If I'm going to port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nassau, I'll drive to Port Canaveral and go right from there. I still don't consider PC a port stop. You can't walk anywhere.

If I'm going to pay $350 to $400 a night it better be a suite - or the Ritz Carlton.:)

I don't think the target market for those itineraries includes Floridians. It's for people in the Northeast, hoping to get some sunshine and warm weather. Because itineraries are "limited", I would think prices will be in line with the Breakaway. Any 7-day cruise from NJ from November through April will have its challenges and will probably be priced accordingly.

A night at the Ritz with a parking lot view and 3 meals will cost you $1000. Some people don't realize the value of cruising

I plan to book the inaugural if it is indeed an 8-nighter over Thanksgiving week. I am already more than thrilled that Quantum is coming to Bayonne. And to think the inaugural is actually in a week we can easily take time off is just icing on the cake.

Given it's a new class, new ship, holiday week, inaugural, New York pricing, I am sure it will command top dollars. My budget is about $5,000 including onboard spending and gratuities. I hope that's enough for a basic balcony. We can have friends drop us off at the port so no parking fees.

A night at the Ritz with a parking lot view and 3 meals will cost you $1000. Some people don't realize the value of cruising

Not a chance. I've stayed in one for less than $200 a night and eat elsewhere. And that was with an ocean view. It CAN cost that much in California during high season if you eat there.

I'm sure I can easily beat what I'd expect Quantum pricing to be with a stay at a Ritz in maybe Amelia Island or San Juan. And maybe any of their properties depending on what Quantum ends up costing.

Here are some accurate figures for you to back up what I said.

Ritz Carlton for 7 nights in Maui, June 11 - June 18, 2013:

Trip cost Hotel: Room 1 $3,603.07 USD 7 nights, 2 guests

Taxes and fees: $501.11

USDTotal Price$4,104.18 USD

(including taxes and fees)

HotelThe Ritz-Carlton, KapaluaGuests Ratings4.5 / 5 One Ritz-Carlton Drive, Kapalua , HI 96761

Room 1 : 2 guests

Deluxe Ocean View - 2 queen bed or 1 king bed

Then you have an Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Seas in a smaller size room than the Ritz but still a nice Junior suite (makes for a better comparison with a standard room at the Ritz) for 7 nights mid June which is sure to be cheaper than Quantum of the Seas:

LEAVING FROM:

Vancouver, British Columbia

CRUISE:

7 Night Alaska Northbound Cruise

TRAVEL DATES:

Fri 14 Jun - Fri 21 Jun 2013

TOTAL GUESTS: 2

SHIP:

Radiance Of The Seas

STATEROOM: 1576

Junior Suite

TOTAL:

$ 5,648.64 USD

To have another $1500 left over to eat in Maui while staying at the Ritz would be far more than we need. Breakfast - Coffee each and a yogurt parfait and a sandwich - we split them - at Starbucks $20. For lunch my husband and I will often buy a foot long sub at Subway and split it. $5! OK, let's say we each want out own sub - $10. :p Dinner - let's say we spend more than usual since we are light eaters anyway - $50. And no, we don't try to eat our money's worth on cruises. In fact we opt to pay more for specialty dining more and more lately further increasing the cost.

I just realized many, many cruises aren't that great a value unless you don't mind having no balcony. And most Ritz Carlton hotels are lower in price than Maui.

Archived