What Do You Think Cruising On The Quantum Of The Seas Will Cost???

I have to admit, the Quantum of the Seas is so different, so "out there", that I just may have to take a cruise on it!!! :D :D

But, I wonder, what do you all think about the prices?

Cabin Prices???

Bumper Car prices, sky diving prices, North Star, Flow Rider, etc.....???

This ship will truly become a destination in itself!!!

But, I think that with all the extra costs involved for all the "fun stuff", it may be a vacation that most families can not afford. :(

Any thoughts???

Bumper Car prices, sky diving prices, North Star, Flow Rider, etc.....???

Goldstein did say during his presentation yesterday that these would all be included as part of the regular cruise ticket price.

They would be available to be rented, much like FlowRider lessons are now, but general use of them during the cruise wouldn't have an added cost.

Im gonna guess that cabin pricing will be about the same as the Oasis class sisters. Maybe a little more.

I would certainly hope that the charge for bumper cars, skydiving, North Star and Flow Rider is $0.00

I was wondering the same exact thing... I would say it will probably be more than the Oasis and Allure though since it is a brand new ship?!? Oasis and Allure are the most expensive out of RCCL ships so with this new baby I suspect it will be even more.... Very curious! How awesome would it be to be on the first sailing! :)

I would love to know too! But, since it is sailing out of Bayonne, NJ, that eliminates airfare for me, that is 30 min from home. Woohoo! I am guessing it was designed to be able to sail year round out of here, because it has a lot of enclosed space and not a lot of deck space, and no water slides. I loved the Oasis (especially after just getting off norwegian epic which i really disliked), so I wonder how this will compare to the oasis...

$1 Million....did I win? :D

On a more serious note, I'd guess 20% more than Oasis/Allure prices??? That seems to be the difference between say, Independence and Oasis. $799 for a 5-night cruise; Oasis of the Seas $899; Quantum $1099.

10-20% more than the current price of Explorer of the Seas.

No way- it'll be a LOT more than that. I think it will easily be 20% more than current Oasis/Allure prices, especially since options are limited out of the NYC.

I'm hoping it will drive down prices on Oasis/Allure so we can try them!

Goldstein did say during his presentation yesterday that these would all be included as part of the regular cruise ticket price.

I would certainly hope that the charge for bumper cars, skydiving, North Star and Flow Rider is $0.00

Yes the attractions will be "included in the cruise fare" and not an onboard extra, but the cruise fare will definiately be higher to 'cover the cost' (which I believe is the point of the OP's question)

That being said....I hope not crazy insane especially for the studios. I have my eye on those being a single gal looking for solo cruising options!!!

Im gonna guess that cabin pricing will be about the same as the Oasis class sisters. Maybe a little more.

I am guessing it will cost at least as much as Oasis did during Inaugural season.

I think a balcony is going to cost at least $1200 pp during the first 6-7 months. That is what the upcoming Royal Princess is currently commanding for its inaugural season.

I'm hoping it will drive down prices on Oasis/Allure so we can try them!

I agree and would think it will eventually. Didnt Oasis and Allure drive down the prices of the Freedom class ships?

The Oasis sisters are a still a little out of my range. Even for special deals on inside cabins.

There should be a price that icludes everything (for the group that wants to try and experience everything) and a price that is just for the standard cruise.

We love to cruise but do not do all the extras we like to just relax, read and enjoy. I hate that we have to pay so much more and do not use the extras like the bumper cars. There should be a base price and then certain activities should be an additional price like they do Chops,etc.

When do you think they'll release pricing?

Winter Caribbean and Northeast sailings are supposed to be released tomorrow.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Maybe that will only include the itineraries. Hopefully at least that. Maybe pricing will be soon after. Or maybe they'll only release pricing on May 27 when the cruises are released for sale.

Maybe someone remembers how all of it worked prior to the C&A bookings being opened for Oasis. They should be along shortly. :)

Gina

Winter Caribbean and Northeast sailings are supposed to be released tomorrow.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Maybe that will only include the itineraries. Hopefully at least that. Maybe pricing will be soon after. Or maybe they'll only release pricing on May 27 when the cruises are released for sale.

Maybe someone remembers how all of it worked prior to the C&A bookings being opened for Oasis. They should be along shortly. :)

Gina

When Oasis opened for booking we had had the pricing for around 2 weeks beforehand.

But at least we knew the Inaugural date for a long time before booking opened and we knew the itinerary too.

At the moment all we know is November 2014 from Bayonne.

When booking opened it was for D & DP members first.

When Oasis opened for booking we had had the pricing for around 2 weeks beforehand.

But at least we knew the Inaugural date for a long time before booking opened and we knew the itinerary too.

At the moment all we know is November 2014 from Bayonne.

When booking opened it was for D & DP members first.

I had wondered about this. With all C&A members included, that covers most people. I realize not everyone is a member. But most people who are interested in booking most likely are. Too bad that aren't doing the way they did for Oasis.

Gina

I had wondered about this. With all C&A members included, that covers most people. I realize not everyone is a member. But most people who are interested in booking most likely are. Too bad that aren't doing the way they did for Oasis.

Gina

It was reported that - "Members of the line’s loyalty program, Crown & Anchor Society, can begin booking May 27 to 31, depending upon their level of status, and general bookings will begin June 4"

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-Quantum-class-new-thrills-bigger-staterooms/

It was reported that - "Members of the line’s loyalty program, Crown & Anchor Society, can begin booking May 27 to 31, depending upon their level of status, and general bookings will begin June 4"

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-Quantum-class-new-thrills-bigger-staterooms/

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard that. It sounds like staggered bookings by C&A level.

Gina

I would love to know too! But, since it is sailing out of Bayonne, NJ, that eliminates airfare for me, that is 30 min from home. Woohoo! I am guessing it was designed to be able to sail year round out of here, because it has a lot of enclosed space and not a lot of deck space, and no water slides. I loved the Oasis (especially after just getting off norwegian epic which i really disliked), so I wonder how this will compare to the oasis...

I'm with you... :30 mins from my house :-)

I loved Allure, and paid a premium when she came out. But the savings on Airfare means that this will be a net savings over the cost of a trip from the Southern Caribbean.

I'm eyeballing the 12 day trip, but I won't be able to go until Summer of '16 (which, who knows if this ship will still be sailing out of NY Metro).

I too am wondering about the prices for the studios with a balcony; looking at the deck plans, there are only 12 of them and I see them going quickly.

I don't plan to book until March or April 2015, but I'll be happy with those cabins going for under $1,500 for a 12 night sailing. I can get cheap flights from Toronto, or even take the bus over, so that allows me to increase the cost for the cruise.

Archived