What Do You Think Cruising On The Quantum Of The Seas Will Cost???

I too am wondering about the prices for the studios with a balcony; looking at the deck plans, there are only 12 of them and I see them going quickly.

I don't plan to book until March or April 2015, but I'll be happy with those cabins going for under $1,500 for a 12 night sailing. I can get cheap flights from Toronto, or even take the bus over, so that allows me to increase the cost for the cruise.

I doubt you will get a rate that low...as a comparison NCL Breakaway is charging $1999 before taxes for their studio cabins on the 12 night runs to the Caribbean in Jan/feb 2014-15

So Q would have to be quite a bit more for a studio balcony, especially as you mentioned there are only 12 available on each sailing. My guess $2200-2400

Also factoring in that I have already gotten a few emails from solo cruise groups, that are excited about bookings opening up, so they can block off the studio and studio balcony cabins. So that will also reduce availability and drive up rates.

I doubt you will get a rate that low...as a comparison NCL Breakaway is charging $1999 before taxes for their studio cabins on the 12 night runs to the Caribbean in Jan/feb 2014-15

So Q would have to be quite a bit more for a studio balcony, especially as you mentioned there are only 12 available on each sailing. My guess $2200-2400

Also factoring in that I have already gotten a few emails from solo cruise groups, that are excited about bookings opening up, so they can block off the studio and studio balcony cabins. So that will also reduce availability and drive up rates.

I agree. Richard Fain stated that the ticket price for this ship will reflect the amenities on board. She will be pricey.

My friend who watched the reveal said that the interior cabins would be more expensive because of the 'experience' of having the 80" screen? he was paraphrasing what was said. Did he get that right?

OK, so I just read that "... Goldstein said there will not be a specific surcharge for interior cabins with virtual balconies, but added that he hopes they will bring higher yields..."

OK, so I just read that "... Goldstein said there will not be a specific surcharge for interior cabins with virtual balconies, but added that he hopes they will bring higher yields..."

And finally for me... in this thread... today anyhow... on the topic of virtual balcony:

I have to admit, the Quantum of the Seas is so different, so "out there", that I just may have to take a cruise on it!!! :D :D

But, I wonder, what do you all think about the prices?

Cabin Prices???

Bumper Car prices, sky diving prices, North Star, Flow Rider, etc.....???

This ship will truly become a destination in itself!!!

But, I think that with all the extra costs involved for all the "fun stuff", it may be a vacation that most families can not afford. :(

Any thoughts???

All features (but spa and specialty restaurants) must be included.

Price?

This ship can offer 50% of what the Oasis class can, so a fair price would be 50%.

However, aggressive ads, metro area, a new ship factor and initial confusion of what it is will help keep prices higher.

I am sure the ship will sail full.

Here's my own guess of prices for Quantum for March 2015, based in part on prices for Oasis and Explorer:

Insides starting from $1199 for eight nights, $1599 for twelve nights

Oceanview starting from $1199 for eight nights, $1599 for twelve nights

Balconies starting from $1399 for eight nights, $1899 for twelve nights

Junior Suites starting from $2399 for eight nights, $2999 for twelve nights

Here's my own guess of prices for Quantum for March 2015, based in part on prices for Oasis and Explorer:

Insides starting from $1199 for eight nights, $1599 for twelve nights

Oceanview starting from $1199 for eight nights, $1599 for twelve nights

Balconies starting from $1399 for eight nights, $1899 for twelve nights

Junior Suites starting from $2399 for eight nights, $2999 for twelve nights

I would tend to agree !!!

I think this is a very tough call though the Inaugural Season will surely be priced high. The only true competition is Breakaway. I guess it will depend on how many people decide they need to be on the ship right away. Stretch, yawn…the old law of supply and demand...

Wondering if there will be a TA on the Quantum, since I'm planning on doing the Oasis TA out of Rotterdam on Oct 14.

When the Oasis came to PC from Europe it was a working cruise. There were no pax on board, just staff, crew and workers. I am sure it will be the same on Quantum.

Wondering if there will be a TA on the Quantum, since I'm planning on doing the Oasis TA out of Rotterdam on Oct 14.

I am wondering also if they will do a TA...with maybe even a European Inaugural also.

Celebrity did it in October with the Reflection and it was built at the same shipyard.

A major factor to take into account though is that the Reflection wasn't a brand new class of ship.

So you just never know :D

My $0.02 on the inaugural pricing (based on my Oasis Dec 5th inaugural)

Oasis - original pricing $1829/week for an interior L - $261/day :eek:

Oasis - final pricing after switching to $CDN and price drop $1449 - $207/day

Quantum - 12 night @ approx $200/day - $2400pp :eek::eek:

Since the cruising market has shifted slightly and Oasis/Allure pricing has come down significantly from the inaugural to an average of about $900 for an interior... this equates to about $1550pp for a 12 night cruise.

I think it's a safe bet to guess that interiors for the 12 night cruise will run in at least the $1600-$1700 range for an interior stateroom due to the huge market that wont have to factor in airfare, the new & novelty factor and the pricing on the Breakaway is currently in the $1400-$1500 range for Jan 2015 12 night southern cruises for the majority of their insides.

If the per day pricing of the inaugural Oasis is carried over to Quantum... ouch!

NYC area getting 2 new ships in a couple years will definitely push their prices up - EX is sailing a 10 night Jan 2014 for about $800 so in the big picture (aka the bank account balance) it might be a bad thing that they got 2 brand new ships and some legit competition.

There should be a price that icludes everything (for the group that wants to try and experience everything) and a price that is just for the standard cruise.

We love to cruise but do not do all the extras we like to just relax, read and enjoy. I hate that we have to pay so much more and do not use the extras like the bumper cars. There should be a base price and then certain activities should be an additional price like they do Chops,etc.

I agree-I don't want to pay for extras that I don't care about either. I liked the Allure because we could pay for the specialty restaurants that we wanted to go to (some were excellent). I think the prices on May 27th will be shocking but I will probably still book it since it's a new ship in NY.

But, I wonder, what do you all think about the prices?

The fares will be set at a level as high as the market can sustain. They will probably match NCL's 'Breakaway'.

New ships tend to command a 'premium' fare, especially in there first few seasons.

RCI's Voyager, Radiance and Freedom class ships will offer a cheaper fare. I've always liked the 'Radiance' class:

See:

When we went on the Oasis inaugural I believe we paid approx $2300 PP for D1 we took my DD with us- I believe in total it was close to $5,600 for the 3 of us. That was for 7 days. With 12 day I would imagine it would be close to $3000 PP- just my guess though.

The real question is how much of a premium the prices will be over the current routes they already run from that port on an older ship. I understand people in the Northeast are used to paying more for everything. But we all have our pricing breaking points. We have done the Allure and would book the Oasis if the overall price to fly to Florida and cruise is greater than driving to NY/NJ and taking a cruise on the Quantum. While the Quantum looks to be a beautiful ship, I can't see paying much more than Allure/Oasis prices. While we have never taken an NCL cruise, if the Quantum is priced much higher than the Breakaway, that's what we'll do. An inside and balcony together on the Breakaway for next April, third week is $4,556 total. How much of a premium will RCI charge on top of that for the Quantum? If it's $200 per person or $800 total, I would pay it. Higher than that, maybe not.

Archived