Dinner In The Buffets

NJEMT29

sailing on the glory may 13 from Norfolk 5 night,

if i cant get early seating or your time seating

does the buffet serve the same food as the dinning rooms

any pictures of the dinner buffet

thanks for any help

bob

We tried the dinner buffet one night because we were struggling with our tablemates. I don't think we will do that again. Most of the food is the same, the main entrees. Obviously not everything on the menu is served on the buffet. I like the dining room experience. The buffet, for dinner is just not an option for us..

if you are waitlisted forr early you will pprobably geet anytime. I prefer dining room but the buffet food is not all that bad. its the same menu minus a few items. deli is still opened as is the pizza place Guys closes at 6pm

if you are waitlisted forr early you will pprobably geet anytime. I prefer dining room but the buffet food is not all that bad. its the same menu minus a few items. deli is still opened as is the pizza place Guys closes at 6pm

thanks for your help

I bore of cruise ship food, not that it's all bad ,just that I have had it too much.

Your going to find quite a few things that are the same as the MDR.

Flat iron steaks cooked medium rare , medium well , well. Baked potato etc.

If you not wanting the hassle of the MDR , try it.

One thing you wont see on the buffet ,lobster ;)

I will get a deli sandwich made my way --- then grab sides for it at the buffet... the deli and their sandwiches are fading fast on carnival and they are good!

oops - that may only be able to happen at lunch time..... don't remember

The buffet will have some of the same appetizers and main as the MDR. I have found some of the food to be better prepared at the buffet than in the MDR. And I have found some of the food really bad. The desserts are different than in the MDR. There is also the full salad bar, deli and pizza. Some time nothing in the buffet interests me and I order room service and bring it up to the buffet and add a salad and dessert.

If you do not have your early sitting request when you board, go to whichever dining room is open and speak to the maitre 'D. He/she often can switch you.

Another option would be to ask for anytime dining. You eat in the diningroom and can go anytime you want. You do not have a set table, but if you lile a waiter/waitress, you can request them as long as they have a table available.

Do they have the chocolate melting cake on the buffet? That would be a deal breaker for me!!! :D:eek::D

In all of our cruises we may have done buffet twice for dinner. Long day on shore and too pooped to get dressed.

We ususally do the buffet. Too tired, too sunburnt, too hungry to wait, etc. Never really had a bad experience. I usually go to the dining room and check out the menu to see if there is something we just can't live without. Then we typically end up going to the buffet. We go to the MDR 2-3 nights at most. We prefer to go to the buffet, be done in 15-20 minutes and go relax by the pool or in our rooms. When we go to the MDR, (bless those overworked servers hearts) we wait up to 20 minutes for just our first course.

Do they have the chocolate melting cake on the buffet? That would be a deal breaker for me!!! :D:eek::D

In all of our cruises we may have done buffet twice for dinner. Long day on shore and too pooped to get dressed.

Doesnt appear often and cant get ice cream to go with it.

We ususally do the buffet. Too tired, too sunburnt, too hungry to wait, etc. Never really had a bad experience. I usually go to the dining room and check out the menu to see if there is something we just can't live without. Then we typically end up going to the buffet. We go to the MDR 2-3 nights at most. We prefer to go to the buffet, be done in 15-20 minutes and go relax by the pool or in our rooms. When we go to the MDR, (bless those overworked servers hearts) we wait up to 20 minutes for just our first course.

We are all different. We prefer a nice leisurely dinner and than off to see the nights entertainment.

I will get a deli sandwich made my way --- then grab sides for it at the buffet... the deli and their sandwiches are fading fast on carnival and they are good!

oops - that may only be able to happen at lunch time..... don't remember

What do you mean by the Delis are fading fast? :confused:

We enjoyed the buffet quite often on Magic. I loved getting there early and choosing a table by the windows. The MDR was dark to me and none of us really liked waiting for courses. Just personal preferences.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose.

We usually go to the dining room, but have gone to the buffet if we didn't feel like going at our normal dining time.

Love the carving board items, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese that are on the buffet. Usually a few of the soups, appetizers and entrees available that are also in the MDR.

On our first and only cruise (next one in June!), we ate the buffet right after we boarded, but from then on, aside from a few snacks, it was all Dining Room. Much prefer to just sit back and be waited on and connect with our teenagers. Also enjoyed talking with some others who were seated at our table (we always asked to sit by the windows for breakfast and lunch, which was usually a big round table for 8) a few times.

OP.....be sure to check out the roll call for this sailing. There are a bunch of us going!

The buffet is ok..., as is most other dining venues. I would switch it up and do the mdr a couple nights and maybe just deli or pizza a few times.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Archived