Dinner In The Buffets

NJEMT29

No.

The Carnival buffets are nasty! :mad:

JMO.

Could not agree more. The only thing I hated on our cruise was how poor the food was at the Lido Marketplace (except the burritos) and how ridiculous the lines are for such crappy food. Really annoyed they don't have a section with typical kid foods. Had a really hard time feeding a six year old.

I have to admit...I'm not a "foodie" and as long as the food is safe (no food poisoning) I'm ok with it. I do like the experience of the mdr...sitting down, pretty place settings ,etc., but I am just as satisfied with soup/sandwich, bowl of veggies, slice of pizza, and so on. I realize that the food is part of the cruise experience but it's not a huge deal to me. I think Carnival does an adequate job of providing a variety where everyone should be able to find something to eat. The price of a cruise is good, so they naturally don't do over-the-top five star dining. I figure if I were to eat out everyday...3 meals a day for a week....maybe fast food for breakfast/lunch, even toss in golden corral, and then applebees or olive garden for dinner...it would probably cost very close to the price of the cruise (I don't have time to do a complete cost analysis, but I'm sure someone will toss it in!) LOL

I just realized that I have gone wayyyyyy off topic. What were we saying? I'm on island time already...3 weeks until the Glory!

Could not agree more. The only thing I hated on our cruise was how poor the food was at the Lido Marketplace (except the burritos) and how ridiculous the lines are for such crappy food. Really annoyed they don't have a section with typical kid foods. Had a really hard time feeding a six year old.

I always wonder if folks like this have an elevated palate like Gordon Ramsey or something.

It's not nasty or horrible. If it was there would be no lines. The food is good and there is great variety. To each his own.

Well you both have a point ,some of it does look rather poor :eek: But I have noticed an improvement with the 2.0 upgrades

DestinyMay282012189.jpg

Now this stuff ,I wont eat any of it.

I always wonder if folks like this have an elevated palate like Gordon Ramsey or something.

It's not nasty or horrible. If it was there would be no lines. The food is good and there is great variety. To each his own.

I actually think I have a fairly elevated palate - love all kinds of cuisines, from fancy to plain well made.

But I think there are many good selections to be had at a Carnival buffet - some even very good. And of course the deli sandwiches are too die for.

One thing you wont see on the buffet ,lobster ;)

Do they have 1 certain night that they have the lobster for dinner? Or is it offered more than once? I know on NCL, it's ONLY on the 1st night (night of sail away) and they don't have it again. They also don't advertise it either and instead of making it "obvious" to people (on the menu), they list it as "surf and turf". How about Carnival?

Do they have 1 certain night that they have the lobster for dinner? Or is it offered more than once? I know on NCL, it's ONLY on the 1st night (night of sail away) and they don't have it again. They also don't advertise it either and instead of making it "obvious" to people (on the menu), they list it as "surf and turf". How about Carnival?

First elegant night in the main dining room. They are little, so order at least two. Also offered in the steakhouse for the ships that have one.

Here is example of CCL Menu. On Elegant night is Lobster. I ordered Prime Rib and the Lobster plate..even had them add a extra tail to my plate....:D

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElation/menus/dinner.htm

Lobster was MDR only.

019.jpg.27941ae610a2c95e846ae5605a894faa.jpg

First elegant night in the main dining room. They are little, so order at least two. Also offered in the steakhouse for the ships that have one.

Thanks. Is it listed as Lobster or something totally different and hard to find?

We don't go to the steak houses (don't care for steak), so I will have to catch it at the MDR.

Here is example of CCL Menu. On Elegant night is Lobster. I ordered Prime Rib and the Lobster plate..even had them add a extra tail to my plate....:D

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalElation/menus/dinner.htm

Lobster was MDR only.

Awesome. Thank you so much. broiled main lobster tail and grilled jumbo shrimp....eekkk, I'm in heaven. :D

You don't have to order steak in the steakhouse, however, it is very good there.

I didn't think the food on the buffets was bad. I missed the MDR experience the night we tried it.

I do love the delis sandwiches at lunch!

Can someone tell me if this melting cake.....whatever it is called.....is this on the Buffett or just in the MDR? I have cruised Carnival and don't really remember it...hahaha!!

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. I have read it is sometimes offered at the buffet. MDR is the best bet to try it.

We're not overly picky people, and enjoy the ability to eat when we want, or in a timely manner by going to the buffet. We tend to skip Captains or Formal nights due to not wanting to drag the extra clothes, and it's kind of like been there done that. We will go to the dining room several casual nights, or go to formal nights when traveling with other family members or in a group.

I havent sailed yet, first cruise soon!

I saw a youtube video of a Carnival buffet and what I liked the look of was the asian counter as I really love my indian and chinese food. Hope they have it on the Legend!

This is the video, she has lots of food videos for breakfast and lunch too

I am very much a foodie who has eaten very varied cuisine but I like a bit of variety and will eat almost anything! I will most likely visit the buffet one night to try a bit of everything and buffets are good because you get to eat lots of different things.

Archived