More cancelled Triumph Cruises

txcruiser90

Thanks for the advice! I just get motion sick a bit, so I wanted to start off small. Its like you read my mind on my concern haha

I get motion sickness and my daughter does even worse than I do. She gets sick if we go for a car ride that lasts more than 20 minutes.

We took a Bonine every morning on our cruise and never felt one tiny bit of nausea. Works like a charm!

We had 10 of us booked into 4 cabins on the Triumph sailing on June 3. Just moved to the Magic on June 16. This time 10 of us booked into 5 cabins. Price, after our cancellation discount, was about the same. We're very happy!!:D

We're taking our kids on their first cruise. They are 8,9,9. We were a little leery about taking them on a 7 day for their first but we took the plunge anyway.

Just hate having to wait 2 more weeks.

Did they give you 25% off a 7 day cruise??

Meredith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

Our first was 7 day and the 2nd a 5 day and we thought what:eek: its already over! Go for the 7 life is to short!:)

I get motion sickness and my daughter does even worse than I do. She gets sick if we go for a car ride that lasts more than 20 minutes.

We took a Bonine every morning on our cruise and never felt one tiny bit of nausea. Works like a charm!

Same here I have the prescription patch but last 2 cruises only took Bonine 1 a day as you did and had a couple stormy days with motion and had no problems.

We were originally on the June 8th cruise and the uncertainity after the latest incident at the port had me so stressed that we jumped ship to the Conquest for the June 9th sailing.

Good choice. I have been on both ships and the Conquest is a much nicer ship.

I bet in the long run they end up cancelling a few more. Someone on another page, whom I will not mention, said that her PVP told her Carnival has made up their mind 100% to go ahead and put in the 2.0 upgrades while in Freeport. John Heald still hasn't confirmed that, but remember a while back the PVP's were telling guests things he wasn't. Turns out the PVPs were right, look at the VIFP, they let the cat out of the bag before he did.

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

We are taking our first cruise in Sep on the Magic. We were a little worried about a week long cruise as a first cruise, but everyone we've talked to says they wish the cruises were longer than that because they are so great, heh heh.

You should be hesitant going on carnival for your first cruise, or any cruise for that matter!

Can't even imagine what they are trying to deal with on the phones.

When a recorded message tells you "if your issue is not time sensitive you may want to call back next week when we hope to have our service levels back to normal", it's gotta be crazy town there.

My VIFP status issues can wait a week. Or two.

That message has been on there for a long time.

Not just this week.:(

Im sorry :( i know you are hesitant to try a 7 day cruise but you really should consider it! Also have you looked into what other cruise lines have available during that time? Either way I hope you get to experience some sort of cruise. Dont give up just yet.

Im sorry :( i know you are hesitant to try a 7 day cruise but you really should consider it! Also have you looked into what other cruise lines have available during that time? Either way I hope you get to experience some sort of cruise. Dont give up just yet.

Yeah, i've looked at other lines. However none leave Galveston or even New Orleans in the summer. I understand why the Magic costs more, seven days of course, but it'll be $300 more for us and will be a cheaper room (From 4F on Empress to 4B on Main). Its starting to get really confusing. I was really excited about cruising, now I just want this all done and figured out

Yeah, i've looked at other lines. However none leave Galveston or even New Orleans in the summer. I understand why the Magic costs more, seven days of course, but it'll be $300 more for us and will be a cheaper room (From 4F on Empress to 4B on Main). Its starting to get really confusing. I was really excited about cruising, now I just want this all done and figured out

Believe me, I feel your pain. We had four women in a balcony for the 5/6 Triumph sailing. Our only option was the Magic that same week. We're now in a cove at an extra cost of $200/pp, with the discount. And to add insult to injury, the cost of our cabin has gone down over $400 since we booked. Been fighting that one for two weeks now.

I'm excited for the trip, as we hooked up with an amazing group, but the stress has taken a lot of fun out of it. :(

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Believe me, I feel your pain. We had four women in a balcony for the 5/6 Triumph sailing. Our only option was the Magic that same week. We're now in a cove at an extra cost of $200/pp, with the discount. And to add insult to injury, the cost of our cabin has gone down over $400 since we booked. Been fighting that one for two weeks now.

I'm excited for the trip, as we hooked up with an amazing group, but the stress has taken a lot of fun out of it. :(

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wait, so they aren't price matching for you? That really blows!

TWO ADDITIONAL CARNIVAL TRIUMPH SAILINGS CANCELLED;

SHIP SCHEDULED TO RETURN TO SERVICE ON JUNE 13

Carnival Cruise Lines is cancelling an additional two five-day voyages of the Carnival Triumph following a severe storm on Wednesday, April 3, in Mobile, Ala., where it was undergoing repairs at a local wet dock facility.

During the storm, which had winds exceeding 70 miles per hour, Carnival Triumph broke away from its moorings at the BAE shipyard when four of the bollards on the pier that the mooring lines were tied to broke apart, causing damage to the vessel and delaying the repair work. The ship was towed to the Mobile Cruise Terminal where repairs continue.

The situation has resulted in a 10-day delay in the scheduled repair plan. Carnival Triumph is now scheduled to return to service from Galveston, Texas, on June 13. Guests on the cancelled sailings will receive a full refund, reimbursement for travel expenses, and a future cruise discount of 25 percent. Travel agent commissions will be protected.

To complete the remaining repairs, Carnival Triumph will eventually be repositioned from Mobile to Freeport, The Bahamas. In order for the repairs to be fully completed, Carnival Triumph must be placed in a dry dock facility large enough to accommodate a vessel of this size, which is not available in Mobile.

“We’re extremely disappointed to have to cancel these additional voyages and, although the cause was beyond our control, we sincerely apologize to our guests for this disruption to their vacation plans,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO. “We know how much our guests were looking forward to their vacations and we sincerely regret the inconvenience this will cause.”

Oh boy, here we go agian. Take note, the press release said all travel expenses.

That's what I had to do when they canceled my April 27th cruise. Now going on Royal, same dates but different port. I had to take my vacation the same time I had booked or lose it.

Kind of excited, new line, new menus, new shows ect.

Wait' date=' so they aren't price matching for you? That really blows![/quote']

Nope. Long story. Even longer battle. Cabin mate got lucky and got on the phone with a rep who looked at all the denials and sat on the phone with my friend for almost three hours to build a new case to get the approval, but she didn't contact my friend today like she said she would. Their plan is working, I'm just getting really tired of fighting. :(. It's taking the fun out of going on vacation soon.

Archived