Can handicapped balcony cabin order from dinner menu

Hi all,

We are sailing on Radiance next month in a handicapped balcony cabin. There will likely be times when I won't feel up to going to the MDR. I know that I can order from the room service menu, but given that I am handicapped, does anyone know if there might be an exception so I can order from the MDR menu?

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi all,

We are sailing on Radiance next month in a handicapped balcony cabin. There will likely be times when I won't feel up to going to the MDR. I know that I can order from the room service menu, but given that I am handicapped, does anyone know if there might be an exception so I can order from the MDR menu?

Having access to the full dining room menu is a perk that they offer to suite guests. You can always ask, if you want, and it's possible they'd make an exception for you, but I don't think that's something you should plan on.

You say "we" are sailing, so I assume you have a companion. If your companion is not handicapped, another option may be to send him/her to pick up dinner for you. If there is something that appeals to you from the MDR menu, but you don't feel up to going, I would almost guarantee that, if someone went down to your table and explained the situation to your regular waiters, they would be happy to let your companion bring a plate back up to you.

Hi all,

only suites are guaranteed this option.

as a handicapped person myself, I want EQUAL access, not PREFERENTIAL access. if someone in a normal balcony may not order off the MDR menu, then neither should anyone in a HA balcony cabin.

Generally, the windjammer serves most of what's being served in the MDR, so one could go there to eat or one could go there to bring it back to the cabin.

Make the call first to RS, your order could be filled with no problem

Just off the FOS last week. We had an accessible balcony cabin (not a suite) and I never saw on the room service menu where you could order from the MDR. I suppose you could email the special needs department at RCCL and ask.

I agree with you, spookwife. :)

Just off the FOS last week. We had an accessible balcony cabin (not a suite) and I never saw on the room service menu where you could order from the MDR. I suppose you could email the special needs department at RCCL and ask.

I agree with you, spookwife. :)

It's usually on the TV which shows options off the main dining room menu that are available that evening through room service. It's not all items, just a few out of each section of the menu. They might make an exception if you explain the circumstance.

BonVoyage

Dawna

This was 2005, so things have quite likely changed, but my dad was confined to a wheelchair and a diabetic. He was in a jr suite hc room, so no mdr room service...however a few times when he felt his blood sugar off or was too tired to go to mdr he called room service directly rather than used the tv menu ordering and asked for specific foods which he knew would help him.

They coudln't always give him what he asked for, but gave suggestions for what they could with no issue and no extra charge when he explained why he needed it delivered.

For example they brought a tuna sandwhich to help with protien one time even though he'd asked for chicken. The tuna was the suggested alternative they had readily available at the moment and dad was fine with that option.

They were as accomodating as reasonbly possible.

Hi all,

If you're traveling with someone, they can also go to the MDR and and order entries to go, if you explain the situation to your waiter. (An extra Tip would be appropriate)

What happened to being able to order off the MDR menu regardless of cabin catagory for dinner only ? This has been offered in the past, has that changed?

I remember that as recently as a few years ago selected dinner entrees were available from room service to guests in all stateroom categories. I don't remember exactly when it ended, but I've not seen that for a while.

Thank you all for your responses. You've provided great alternatives for me, such as having my husband get me dinner "to go" from the MDR. I do appreciate your help. I'm not trying to get special treatment, just trying to get equal access to dinner. This forum helps provide the experiences and thoughts of others, which is so helpful.

Archived