Monarch of the Seas is now just.... Monarch (Pics)

Here are some pictures from the shipyard in the Bahamas, where Monarch of the Seas is being transformed into Pullmantur's "Monarch".

One of the pictures shows her Crown and Anchors, discarded in a garbage pile.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/UK_USA/MONARCH_zps3c4236c2.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/UK_USA/CROWN_zps54fd51b7.jpg

Wait .... she only left the RCCL fleet a little over 2 weeks ago --- how could they have possibly painted Monarch already ? That's WAY too fast for that entire ship to have been painted already ... especially in the Bahamas ... where they operate on their own time schedule !

Are we sure that's not a re-touched photo .. or one of the Sovereign some years ago?

I dunno about these pics ....

Wait .... she only left the RCCL fleet a little over 2 weeks ago --- how could they have possibly painted Monarch already ? That's WAY too fast for that entire ship to have been painted already ... especially in the Bahamas ... where they operate on their own time schedule !

Are we sure that's not a re-touched photo .. or one of the Sovereign some years ago?

I was thinking the same thing. It hast to be Sovereign when it was painted those colors.

They actually saved the C&A logo from Sovereign to use on the Oasis and Allure, but when the time came to install them they were either the wrong size or to badly corroded to use, can't remember which

You should question those pics. Here is a picture I took of Sovereign in Barcelona last October as we were passing her while leaving port on Serenade of the Seas. Not that she can't be painted and refurbished quickly. But I don't believe they would paint her to look like that photo. I would think she'd look more like her sister Sovereign

nahatyju.jpg.

You should question those pics. Here is a picture I took of Sovereign in Barcelona last October as we were passing her while leaving port on Serenade of the Seas. Not that she can't be painted and refurbished quickly. But I don't believe they would paint her to look like that photo. I would think she'd look more like her sister Sovereign

nahatyju.jpg.

Sovereign was repainted to look like the above photos last year.

WOW.... people will never cease to amaze me... nothing but their own opinion to go on and they are calling people out... well.. .here is a shot of the stern of the ship... with the ship name emblazoned across it... or did I photoshop that too?

As someone correctly said, the balconies on Sovereign are VERY different, as the balconies were only added a few years ago and the walls of those cabins slope outwards...

But I am more than happy to prove that these are indeed real pictures of the Monarch.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/UK_USA/aft_zps50d46068.jpg

If you want me to get a photo with the date written on a piece of paper also in frame, I would be happy to do that too.

If you follow ship building and dry docks etc. It is no problem for these facilites in the Bahamas to turn these ships around in two weeks. With new paint and much much more new carpets new furniture and even new venues. When these ships are out of service they are loosing money. There is no photo shop going on here, just a great cruiseline trying to quickly get a new ship to them back into service to generate revenue.

Happy Sailing

Brian J

Archived