Monarch of the Seas is now just.... Monarch (Pics)

Here is a new picture (Was able to get a new vantage point) of the bow of the ship...

I really like the wave logo and the stylized "Monarch" rather than just having the name printed in a standard font.... I love nice fonts!

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/UK_USA/BOW_zps56dcf0e6.jpg

You are right, they do add a new touch of class to the ship. Both the Monarch name and the company name on the side too.

Thanks again for sharing.

Here is a new picture (Was able to get a new vantage point) of the bow of the ship...

I really like the wave logo and the stylized "Monarch" rather than just having the name printed in a standard font.... I love nice fonts!

Thank you for the photos. I think that paint scheme looks a lot better than the old Pullmantur red scheme.

Another nice photo. Hopefully we will some interior photos soon too.

Well .. (scratching my head) ... I take it back.

Apparently Bahamians CAN be made to move quickly ... somehow. :confused:

It looks good, sad to see the anchors laying on the ground. We were on the last sailing and talked about what might happen to them. I could mount one on the side of my garage.

I was already thinking the same thing as you. :D

I just saw an interesting post On Marc Walkers Facebook page. He has a recent picture of the Monarch sailing and guess what , she's not blue. She is all white with a red funnel and red Pullmanteur logo at the stern. My guess is that the pictures where she was painted blue was some sort of special primer.

I just saw an interesting post On Marc Walkers Facebook page. He has a recent picture of the Monarch sailing and guess what , she's not blue. She is all white with a red funnel and red Pullmanteur logo at the stern. My guess is that the pictures where she was painted blue was some sort of special primer.

I believe the picture that Marc used was Photoshoped from an older image of Sovereign. Here is Sovereign in the new Pullmantur colors just like the ones previously posted here after Monarch's drydock. For some reason Pullmantur has not listed Monarch in their fleet listing on their website yet.

exterior-barco-sovereign.jpg

Incorrect!

Just saw 15 min ago a pic of her in our local newspaper visiting Curacao last Wednesday and she was blue!

That makes me sad, my late husband and I were married on a Monarch cruise. RCCL arranged our small wedding held in St Thomas April 16th 2001 on the top of a mountain on a deck by St Peters Great house. It was so funny I was overnighting to Canada our wedding documents, everything was almost all planned and he wedding RCCL wedding planner called and said the court house in St Thomas was closed due to Easter Monday. They celebrate on Monday. So my husband to be, offered more money and voila the court house was going to be open for us to be sworn in. I asked what happens if we get there and the court house is closed? They said they know where they live. When we arrived inSt Thomas we were in our full wedding garb being led in the back way through the jail. You should have heard all the comments from the prisoners. It was crazy but it also made it funny. Then off we went to the mountain for the wedding. We were going to re-new our vows on our 10th anniversary on the Monarch but my husband became too ill and they also changed the itinerary. What I really remember about the Monarch was all the wood and the great art.

I thought she was more like old world like. She was a beauty and they kind of wore down when they put her on the short cruises. It's a shame.

Brenda

I'm not too sad. The fact that she's still in service is something to be looking forward to. When ship gets scrapped, that's sad. But when it gets repurposed for a new life, that's something to look forward to.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived