Sweet suite upgrade

Just got an an upgrade from a regular verandah to a Signature Suite (deluxe verandah) for $199pp. Sweet!

Very nice! Congratulations on the upgrade. Just note that the Signature Suite is not a Deluxe Verandah suite as you indicated parenthetically. Its the new name for the Superior Suites and comes with fewer amenities. Not sure if you realized that. HAL's stateroom category names are still confusing and a little bit misleading, IMO. That said, its still a very nice upgrade. Enjoy your cruise.

Yep, superior suite not deluxe. Sorry for the confusion. We also had an option for a Neptune/Deluxe suite for $399pp, but I didn't feel like splurging quite so much. So basically we got a Signature for the same price as if we booked today for a June 1st cruise out of Vancouver, i.e. the lower price that HAL sells them at after final payment is made. The best part is that the suite is midship, deck 6, which is just what I like.

We have a suite with a telephone concierge on our next cruise. Pardon my ignorance but what exactly do they do?

They can make reservations for you---dinner, spa, salon---things like that.

They can arrange appetizers if you're entertaining.

They can check on your account, and see to it that any necessary corrections are made.

We got an upsell to a Neptune Suite. This is our first HAL cruise (well, we did one 11 years ago but have been on Oceania since) and we are looking forward to see if we want to sail HAL more often. We'll be on the Boston to Quebec sailing for one week only.

They can make reservations for you---dinner, spa, salon---things like that.

They can arrange appetizers if you're entertaining.

They can check on your account, and see to it that any necessary corrections are made.

Can you have appetizers delivered to your stateroom if you are in an SY/SS/SZ?

Can you have appetizers delivered to your stateroom if you are in an SY/SS/SZ?

I had appetizers delivered when I was entertaining in an A-cabin on the Prinsendam.

I believe the SY/SS/SZ cabins are at least as highly ranked.

Archived