Lunch between tours in Skagway

jrm9999

We are looking at doing the train in the am, the 8:25 to 11:40 and then another tour at 12:30. That's not much time to get a bite to eat. Is there anything down by the docks to get to eat without getting back on the ship, even if just a small hot dog stand?

Depending on which dock you come into, there are several small food stands near the ship. The walk into town can be a bit of a trek, so maybe you would be smart to make some sandwiches in the morning and pack them with you. We have done this before, as there is usually meat and cheese that you can easily use at breakfast. Just an idea.

Depending on which dock you come into, there are several small food stands near the ship. The walk into town can be a bit of a trek, so maybe you would be smart to make some sandwiches in the morning and pack them with you. We have done this before, as there is usually meat and cheese that you can easily use at breakfast. Just an idea.

I've read that theoretically you aren't supposed to take fresh foods off the ships. I'm sure some people sneak it off, though.

If you booked your tours through a tour company vice the ship, contact the tour company to see if you can be dropped off from the first tour downtown and picked up for the second downtown.

Cindy at Klondike Tours was able to do this for me.

The train station is closer to downtown than the ship. You could easily get into town, eat, and get back by the shuttles that run from around the town and back to the ship (if the ship is where you are picking up your next tour). One year I did the train and the trip to Haynes. We ate on the boat going over to Haynes.

Skagway is very small , easy to walk around. There are several places to get something to eat. Bill

Bill,

It's so funny when I see your name pop up in cruise critic. This is also my father's name.

Sharon

The train station is closer to downtown than the ship. You could easily get into town, eat, and get back by the shuttles that run from around the town and back to the ship (if the ship is where you are picking up your next tour). One year I did the train and the trip to Haynes. We ate on the boat going over to Haynes.

Haines

While we're on the topic of timeliness in Skagway, can someone tell me roughly how long it would take to walk (in high heels) from the Skagway Brewing Company to the ship (I think we're at the Railroad Docks).

15 minutes, to the first stall, another 5 minutes to the second.

Archived