Celebrity Millennium Reviews have me worried

Tea3

Hello,

I am ready to book a July 12 cruise on Celebrity Millennium with the #12 land tour out of Anchorage first. My husband & I are taking our older sons with us and have not taken them on a cruise since they were young kids. Of course we want it to be special, as we may not be able to do this again. We are getting 2 cabins, perhaps oceanview and veranda. I heard that the ship was refurbished in 2012, so did not check reviews until last night. The recent reviews on cruise critic are horrible about the ship that has been cruising in Asia. I am now very concerned about booking this. The reviews were negative about the ship maintenance, food and service. Are these reviews quite accurate? What would you do?:(

I've not sailed this ship or even checked out its reviews.

But I take reviews with a pinch of salt. Just a dozen or so reviews are unreliable because there are plenty of folk who'll enjoy nothing & criticise everything, and others who have low expectations so see nothing wrong. There are also folk whose judgement is clouded by one matter specific to them (a blocked toilet for instance) or even bad luck with the weather. So I discount the top & bottom 20% of reviews & go by the remainder - as long as that's a couple of dozen or more, & reasonably recent.

Done that?

Still predominantly bad reviews?

Then yes, consider cancelling if you've committed no money, & book another.

JB :)

We were on the first SE Asian cruise back in december, and I can confirm that the ship wasn't in the greatest of shape, especially since it had been into drydock. We had no problem with the food though. Another problem was with the standard of service throughout the ship which was probably the worst we've experienced. The only exception to this was in Cafe Al Bacio where the service was excellent.

Thank you for your replys. I did talk to Celebrity about my concerns and they said that food and service personnel would be better than in the southeast Asia cruise. Anyway, I am taking a chance and have booked it for the 4 of us. We are hoping for the best!

Thank you for your replys. I did talk to Celebrity about my concerns and they said that food and service personnel would be better than in the southeast Asia cruise. Anyway, I am taking a chance and have booked it for the 4 of us. We are hoping for the best!

Newport Dave confirmed your concerns. Sounds like others have made Celebrity aware of the problems. Hopefully they are taking actions to correct the issues instead of just saying what they think you want to hear. Have fun.

Archived