Free wine on 1st night in specialty rest?

Before our last cruise on Carnival, we learned that if we booked a specialty restaurant on the first night you got a bottle of wine. This ended up being one of our favorite dinners and was a great way to start the cruise.

Does RCCL do anything similar to this?

Thanks!

On our last trip aboard Enchantment, shortly after boarding my GF and I saw a flyer in the elevator offering a complimentary glass of house wine to anyone who ate in Chops that night. We went to the restaurant, confirmed the offer, and made our reservation. When we arrived, however, both the waiter and manager claimed not to know about the offer, though eventually they did give us the wine.

I usually see an offer in the booking section for 30 dollars in "free" drink credits if you book a specialty venue on the first night with a party of four or more.

That's the "Celebration Dining Deal". Here's the wording from the web site:

Book the Celebration Dining Deal for a group of four or more and your party will enjoy a delicious meal at one of our most popular restaurants, PLUS a $30 beverage credit to spend on wine, champagne, or any other beverage while you dine.

Your party won't pay anything more than the restaurant's regular cover charge to receive the beverage credit. In other words, it's like you're getting complimentary drinks on us. Cheers!

The Celebration Dinner Party can only be reserved online before your cruise, so book now and let the festivities begin.

How to reserve:

• This package is valid at Chops Grille, Portofino, and Giovanni's Table specialty restaurants.
  • Make your dinner reservation for Day 1 or Day 2 of your cruise, for a party of four or more.
  • During dinner, your party will enjoy a $30 beverage credit that you may spend on any beverages you like, from wine to cocktails to soda.
  • The non-refundable beverage credit must be spent while your party is at dinner that night.

We had a group of 14 that took advantage of this deal during our cruise last October on Freedom of the Seas. We booked three separate groups of four (plus two more added on later) for dinner at Chops Grille during the first formal night. When we boarded, we stopped by Chops to let them know that we were all one big group and they sat us together at two large, adjacent tables. It was no problem, and we were able to get three bottles of wine for nearly free (they were over $30 each).

Recently I booked Portofino for the second night of our cruise and RC said I would get a $30 credit per table. They called it a celebration package. We are a group of 14 so we had to get 2 tables.

Yes, it's good on the first two nights of the cruise. They also have a deal on the first night for 30% off groups of 8-10.

We did the celebration dinner in chops on independence transatlantic into southampton and got a bottle of wine. Unfortunately I was unwell and could not stay for the meal but the waitress looked after my husband, his sister and her husband impeccably and made sure they brought my food to the room for me. I did not get her name or I would have given her a wow. :)great deal.

On our last trip aboard Enchantment, shortly after boarding my GF and I saw a flyer in the elevator offering a complimentary glass of house wine to anyone who ate in Chops that night. We went to the restaurant, confirmed the offer, and made our reservation. When we arrived, however, both the waiter and manager claimed not to know about the offer, though eventually they did give us the wine.

Thanks for sharing....might be a good idea to take a picture of any such flyer you see with your phone, so you can show it to the staff.

Sounds like a great deal! And now for a new friend op- anyone here in a party of 2 sailing on the Oasis Sept 14th want to join our party of 2 at Giovannis to take advantage of this celbration deal?

Hey Kmorg...I am sure if you have signed up for meet and mingle you're sure to find someone in your group going with you.

That's the "Celebration Dining Deal". Here's the wording from the web site:

We had a group of 14 that took advantage of this deal during our cruise last October on Freedom of the Seas. We booked three separate groups of four (plus two more added on later) for dinner at Chops Grille during the first formal night. When we boarded, we stopped by Chops to let them know that we were all one big group and they sat us together at two large, adjacent tables. It was no problem, and we were able to get three bottles of wine for nearly free (they were over $30 each).

Thank you for posting the wording. We did this on the Brilliance, with 1 non-drinker, 2 beer drinkers and a wine drinker. Thinking we could get a Pellegrino, two beers, 1 glass of wine, etc. They said we had to use the $30 towards a bottle of wine and wouldn't budge. Before I book again on the Radiance, I may make a call.

Archived