For those curious about current passport turnaround times...

Yippee!!! Got my new (Renewal) passport today! :D

Monday 10/27/14 - Mailed from CA to PA via Priority Mail-2day (actually took 4 days)

Friday 10/31/14 - Text msg received stating it was 'Delivered' at 11:30 a.m.

No other communication received all week.

Saturday 11/08/14 - Received new passport via Priority Mail Express (paid extra $ to ship it overnight).

I'm still waiting for my old passport to be returned and also my new passport card. (Although, they did say to expect 3 separate mailings.)

I did NOT pay the extra $60 fee to expedite the passport. Although, I did consider doing so, because at the time I mailed off everything the website stated that it could take 4-6 weeks :eek::eek:

Needless to say, I am very happy with the quick turn-around time!!! :)

~~~~~

Karen

I believe I read US gov has 17 offices. I went down to Miami one several yrs, ago when I read in local paper rates were going way up and there was one day left to get free extra pages in existing PP.It was going to be $86. So I got in line with 100s others. What I learned was pleading immediate need for PP, they were given on site.It may have helped to be a Latin.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife needed a new passport as her current one was still in her maiden name. We submitted it without the rushed processing. Sent via regular mail but chose expedited shipping for it to be returned. We sent in the application, current passport with maiden name, and certified copy of our marriage certificate.

Mailed: 11/21/14

Delivered to processing center: 11/24/14

Check cleared account: 11/26/14

New passport arrived: 12/6/14

So 2 week turnaround.

Still waiting on marriage certificate to be returned.

I went for a lost/renewal/name change and had it expedited. Delivered to me exactly 7 days after application sent, 11/29-12/6. Still waiting on my birth and marriage certificates. Did not expect it back so fast!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We ordered a new passport for our 16 year old (his youth one was expiring, and it is a NEW passport by their rules) on January 24. His new passport arrived in our mailbox on Saturday, Feb. 7- two weeks to the day.

This is in spite of the lady at the post office telling us that because we didn't have his birth certificate it could come back not processed. Hello, his original passport was issued on a birth certificate and the old passport (not yet expired, just he turned 16 so it wouldn't be valid) is perfectly acceptable proof of citizen ship.

Ok, rant over.

Didn't pay anything special to hurry it along.

We applied on 1/31/15 and according to the State Department website the passports have been issued and will be in our hands by 2/11. This was for regular processing (although we did pay for priority mail return of the passports).

It actually came today. It was processed and made here in Vermont though so I'm sure that impacted the turnaround.

• 2 weeks later...

The passport office received my application on Feb. 3rd...my husband received his 10 days later and I am still waiting on mine. We cruise on March 15th but luckily I have a birth cert. just in case. I know I took too long to get my passport really but I had to go through the whole name change thing...

My DH and I applied on January 2. I received mine in 3 weeks, It is now March 1st and he still doesn't have his. We applied on his birthday at our local Clerk of Courts, and both of those are his problems....his license was due for renewal so the Clerk would not accept it, had me fill out an affidavit but forgot to send my ID with it. DH has been jumping thru hoops ever since. We don't leave till the end of May, and as of Friday they said the passport is being processed. Still won't tell us if they have enough documentations for him to be approved. We sent way more that asked for.

DH finally received his passport on March 3rd. We had signed up for email notifications....his passport arrived in the mail around 5pm....got an email at 7:22 saying it has been approved and will be sent out....nice heads up.