No free internet minutes for elite members

mandymay

I have just received the 'email' regarding the new Medallion tier and a new membership number - So what? I thought, I'm already Platinum.......

I checked the website and I have found that I have been 'downgraded' to Medallion level - they previously counted cruises with Ocean Village and these are not now in my cruise history. I have sent an email asking why they have done this and await their response.

I am not happy about losing the internet minutes or the platinum event every evening.:confused:

I've never heard of "Ocean Village" but my 1st Princess cruise was on Sitmar & hope that I won't lose those days even though it would not affect my current Captain's Circle level.

I wonder if all of the changes being made to UK Princess is cost effective for them even without considering the PR implications of downgrading some passengers' levels. I'd think it'd be better to just grandfather those days & to make changes applicable to future cruises.

I've never heard of "Ocean Village" but my 1st Princess cruise was on Sitmar & hope that I won't lose those days even though it would not affect my current Captain's Circle level.

I just just checked the cruise history and our first "Princess Cruise" with Sitmar is included. Our last cruise put us at Elite, so if we lost that Sitmar cruise, it could have moved us back to Platinum :)

Firstly we had this flurry last year when somebody said they heard the internet was being taken off Platinum and Elite.

Secondly Medallion is the last stage of Gold before Platinum so no internet minutes until after 5th Cruise or 50 days as has always been the case.

I give up.

Don't give up...Somewhere down the line, your question will find clarification. I am sure that every one who posts does so with good intentions. Some are more friendly than others, but everyone tries to be helpful.

Renee

I believe I received the same email the OP is referencing. If I click on the link Taking loyalty to a new level, I'm brought to this web page.

There is no mention of Elite benefits on this page other than 10% off your Reflections DVD where available.

Lew

That's because there are no free internet minutes on Medallion level. There are on Platinum and Elite:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I give up.

hi OP, you may have a print error or glitch with the email received. the one i received shows the internet minutes under the Platinum benefits and then, of course, Elite benefits include all lower level benefits. Here's the graphic included in my email -

images_CC_Levels_horz2.gif

perhaps your graphic was not as readable. i hope this solves your query.

Archived