No free internet minutes for elite members

mandymay

Hi,folks,

Must have missed something,am sure,but have Princess really taken back free internet minutes from elite members ?

No. Where did you hear that? Years ago, it went from unlimited to a package but there's been no word of Internet minutes being removed. Besides, it's not just an Elite perk but one for both Platinum and Elite members. Here's what it says under the Captain's Circle Membership Benefits page:

Complimentary Internet Credit#

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

True, but I was wondering if the OP had heard something about interent minutes being taken from suites and it translated into the concern over the Plat/elite perks....

Last Suite I was in we only had the plat perks minutes....

Yes, but that has nothing to do with Platinum or Elite benefits.

Received an email from Captains circle today explaining the introduction of the new Medallion loyalty level & from reading the whole thing VERY carefully can find NO mention of internet minutes ANYWHERE !

Received an email from Captains circle today explaining the introduction of the new Medallion loyalty level & from reading the whole thing VERY carefully can find NO mention of internet minutes ANYWHERE !

Medallion and Elite levels are quite different. Elite members get free internet minutes based on the cruise length.

Lew

Medallion and Elite levels are quite different. Elite members get free internet minutes based on the cruise length.

Lew

:mad: The mail shot was directed to my brother who has sailed Princess 4 times & included his "new " membership number.

It then went on to list "perks" for gold,medallion,then platinum members.There was no mention of internet minutes in the platinum perks as there always are,nor were they "added" at elite level.hope its a print error.

If you read Pam's post the free Internet minutes packages begin at Platinum just like in the past. I checked the CC benefits & it still shows as Pam posted.

It's bad to get misinformation when calling Princess reps but haven't heard of emails contradicting their website. :eek:

The email does not mention them but on the web site if you look at the benefits for each level they are still ther for Platinum and Elite.

I believe I received the same email the OP is referencing. If I click on the link Taking loyalty to a new level, I'm brought to this web page.

There is no mention of Elite benefits on this page other than 10% off your Reflections DVD where available.

Lew

I believe I received the same email the OP is referencing. If I click on the link Taking loyalty to a new level, I'm brought to this web page.

There is no mention of Elite benefits on this page other than 10% off your Reflections DVD where available.

Lew

Why would there be a mention of Elite benefits when the page is about the new medallion level?

Princess has not taken away the free minutes for Elite and Platinium members....people need to calm down :)

I received the same e-mail today. The reason it doesn't say anything about the internet minutes is because they are talking about the new Medallion level which doesn't have the internet benefit. The mention of Platinum and Elite comes up only for the new perk of 10% off the DVD.

The internet benefits begin when you reach Platinum.

Why would there be a mention of Elite benefits when the page is about the new medallion level?

Princess has not taken away the free minutes for Elite and Platinium members....people need to calm down :)

You're preaching to the choir!

Take a moment to read the web page I linked in my post.

Lew

Lew

You're preaching to the choir!

Take a moment to read the web page I linked in my post.

Lew

Thanks for the link Lew which as you said is about the Medallion benefits & the addition of the 10% Reflections discount only & not a comprehensive listing of all CC levels.

Thanks for the link Lew which as you said is about the Medallion benefits & the addition of the 10% Reflections discount only & not a comprehensive listing of all CC levels.

Thanks, Frank. Somehow I knew you would understand where I was coming from... :rolleyes:

Lew

DH got the same email (re: Medallion level)... it shows perks for all levels and under Platinum is there a box labeled Internet Credit - and it breaks down how many minutes you get depending on how many days your cruise is and then lists the other perks to the right of that. Email is dated 4/16/13.

I have just received the 'email' regarding the new Medallion tier and a new membership number - So what? I thought, I'm already Platinum.......

I checked the website and I have found that I have been 'downgraded' to Medallion level - they previously counted cruises with Ocean Village and these are not now in my cruise history. I have sent an email asking why they have done this and await their response.

I am not happy about losing the internet minutes or the platinum event every evening.:confused:

I clicked on the link and that was exactly my impression too. It didn't explain the platinum or elite benefits at all (other than adding the DVD discount). I was on my fifth cruise in December so I didn't have the Internet credit (we bought a package), and if we hadn't gone on that cruise, we would be at the medallion level, which doesn't get the Internet credit.

So the email is correct as to the info listed.

Archived