Regatta bathrooms-Penthouse

Karen Lynn

Yes, tub-shower and I like it. Definitely prefer it to the showers in the A and below cabins.

But not everyone agrees with me!

(Of course, if someone were to give me an OS or a VS on the "R" ships, I'd love the Jacuzzi.)

But the reason we usually book a PH on the "R" ships is because of the tub-shower combo as opposed to the teensy weensy shower in the other cabins.

Mura

It's a standard tub. I haven't found it slippery or hard to get into, and I do have knee problems since I blew out my meniscus in 2005 and then had arthroscopic surgery.

If you have trouble getting into a regular tub, then you'll have trouble getting into the PH tub.

If you want to be sure not to fall, bring along a tub mat. That shouldn't add much weight in your luggage. (I have never felt the need to do so myself.)

Mura

Actualy-it's not for me but I am thankful for your thoughts!

Since you are here lol...they are asking about the swimming pool as well. Is is small? And is it deep or is there a shallow end that you can recall?

Many thanks!:)

Actually, we've never been in the pool. Yes, it's small. Most ship pools are. They pools are larger on the newer ships.

I live in Brooklyn Heights (NYC) and the St. George Hotel down the street used to have an indoor Olympic sized pool. Johny Weismuller used to swim there.

A health club took over the space some years ago and they left the shallow end of the pool for laps and converted the rest of the pool to a running space.

I would say that the Regatta's pool is probably a lot better than what remains of the St. George's huge pool of the past! I'm not sure how deep it really is (someone will chime in, I know) but I think it's better than the four foot depth of the current pool at the local health club!

It definitely has a shallow end. I'm just not sure how deep it gets.

Mura

Actualy-it's not for me but I am thankful for your thoughts!

Since you are here lol...they are asking about the swimming pool as well. Is is small? And is it deep or is there a shallow end that you can recall?

Many thanks!:)

0002OCEANIA-Pool-6.jpg.jpg

The central part of those pools is a uniform depth, and quite deep (I would guestimate 7 to 8 feet as I am 6'3" and the water is WELL over my head).

The "spillway" around the perimeter is usually kept at a depth of about three inches.

The painted measurement around the perimeter of the pool on Riviera says 5'11" however adding the few inches of the "spillway" it is much deeper! My husband who is 6'1" was totally underwater when standing. I was once 5'7" and don't swim well. We tried to purchase swimmies in St. Bart's, but they were 27euros! Alas, I did not enjoy the pool, but that was my only complaint for the whole cruise.

I hope they make the pool shallower, but I am bringing my swimmies on my cruise!

Loved the Riviera!

On the R-ships I do not recall steps into the pool itself just the ladders so that may be a problem for some

I was thinking there was a shallower end but maybe not ..I am not a good swimmer so usually hang onto the sides ;)

You are right, LHT, ladders only on R ships and a step entrance on Riviera. R ship pools are shallower so I can tread water and hold onto the rail. I should probably just learn how to swim. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? I better just stick with the swimmies!

I should probably just learn how to swim. Can you teach an old dog new tricks? I better just stick with the swimmies!

I thought all dogs (young & old) can do the "doggie paddle" :D

Just pulling your leg GrammieK - better bring the swimmies :)

Archived