To Speedo or not to Speedo

NYCcruiser86

• 2 weeks later...
im 62yrs old when i will be on the royal princess nov10 2013 .My speedo"s are the first thing i"m packing ! lol bklynbobby:)

I'm 48 and thanks to a lot of intense weight training, I'm in the best shape of my life. Though I will need to do some cutting before getting on the Royal Princess for our Halloween cruise. I always wear my speedos, even if I'm the only one on board. My partner's not into them, but doesn't mine that I am, LOL. :cool:

I took these during my workout this morning. Yes, I'm flexing (but not sucking in) my gut to hide the extra fat. I guess I look okay as far as the general public, but I have way too much bodyfat for a bodybuilder. I'd like to reduce that when I'm done bulking up. I won't get much bigger...want to add more to my arms and legs.

07-02-13a.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/eclipse-2/weightroom/07-02-13a.jpg

07-02-13b.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/eclipse-2/weightroom/07-02-13b.jpg

07-02-13c.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/eclipse-2/weightroom/07-02-13c.jpg

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel

NYCcruiser86, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I've always worn speedos when we cruise. There are times when I think I was the only guy on the ship wearing them, and sometimes it's tempting to give in to peer pressure and leave those shorts on over the speedo. But if you're comfortable wearing them, don't be afraid to let go and enjoy your vacation.

IMHO, unless you're from Southern Europe or South America, steer clear of the Speedo . All-American types in Speedos just look like they're trying too hard.

Trying too hard to do what? :confused:

BklynBobby, thanks! I really don't want to become one of those old fat guys who thinks he looks good in a speedo, while in reality, he's just creeping everyone out. Too bad we're on different cruises, I can always use a workout partner.

For those of you who might be wondering, no I don't go to the gym in my speedo, LOL. I have a very well equipped weight room at home. :cool:

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel

IMHO, unless you're from Southern Europe or South America, steer clear of the Speedo . All-American types in Speedos just look like they're trying too hard.

And just how is it different depending on where you are from? :confused:

What would be the case for South Africans, Australians etc?

• 1 month later...

I dont look like im trying to wear one.. Ive been wearing them since 1985 and my legs are adapted to the skin tone from summer tanning, etc. Plus im not fat and do have tone despite my 6-3 height. Afterall you have skinny/ bony women wearing less yet society allows that.. Whats the differance? except that were males and society dosent like what we wear. I dont dress for societys rules.

This is me wearing a speedo.. I wear them everywhere, not just on vacation.

100_3002.jpg.772e2d630c0b8dce740a5b2d904fe3de.jpg

Edited by cruiseveteran2

One almost never hears that comment about women's bathing suits: "Do you really need to show your stuff to everybody?" :confused:

EXACTLY!!! Women can wear anything, any way, at any time, with any body type.. And nobody else cares.... But if a guy wears anything showing much above the knees, its a big NO NO.. listen people and society.. the MALE thigh is NOT A SEX ORGAN and you can show it in public......

EXACTLY!!! Women can wear anything, any way, at any time, with any body type.. And nobody else cares.... But if a guy wears anything showing much above the knees, its a big NO NO.. listen people and society.. the MALE thigh is NOT A SEX ORGAN and you can show it in public......

hey cruiseveteran 2,if we ever meet you better be wearing a speedo, you look amazing bklyn bobby

Great pic in your speedo! I'm leaving on Freedom of the Seas September 1st, and I'll be wearing my speedo for sure.

I dont look like im trying to wear one.. Ive been wearing them since 1985 and my legs are adapted to the skin tone from summer tanning, etc. Plus im not fat and do have tone despite my 6-3 height. Afterall you have skinny/ bony women wearing less yet society allows that.. Whats the differance? except that were males and society dosent like what we wear. I dont dress for societys rules.

This is me wearing a speedo.. I wear them everywhere, not just on vacation.

Ditto the above!

I can never work out why people get so worked up about this topic.

If they are so offended by them, it's probably because deep down, they know they really want to wear a pair themselves......

Those that protest too much.... :D:D:D

(Mind you, I draw the line at a "Mankini", a la "Borat" :eek: ....)

I start cutting back on caloric intake this week and next week, and start doing cardio next week. Of course, keeping up with the heavy weight training in hopes of holding on to the muscle I've managed to build this year.

I need to trim off some fat before our October cruise. Losing fat has never been a problem for me. I was always skinny growing up. Since hitting 40, my waist has been slowly growing. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

CruiseVeteran2, you look awesome in a speedo! Do you have a variety of suits? I tend to like solids with 3" sides.

Hi Guys!

I was just browsing the forums and came across somebody requesting that all men stop wearing speedos on cruises.

We've all heard this before. Men should cover it up! Now, I don't agree and I suspect a number of you don't either. Being 26 I just purchased my first speedo ever :eek::D(I must have tried 10 on) and cannot wait to wear it! There's no question I'm bringing it to Miami and to Fire Island this summer but what are your thoughts on wearing them on a cruise?

My boyfriend and I did a Med cruise last year and obviously they were everywhere (oh those Europeans! :D) but this year we're just doing a NYE in the Caribbean. I guess this is a Cruise Critic episode of "What Would You Do??"

I'm not embarrassed by wearing it at all but will it cause a "problem?" You know how some American's are...

Thanks Guys!

Don't wear them myself but I don't see the problem. In the 70's and 80's most mens swimming attire was trunks which is not too far away from speedo's! Then again, being European (even though a Brit) perhaps that's why I dont see the problem!

Hope you have a fab tiime and wear your speedo's with pride!!

I start cutting back on caloric intake this week and next week, and start doing cardio next week. Of course, keeping up with the heavy weight training in hopes of holding on to the muscle I've managed to build this year.

I need to trim off some fat before our October cruise. Losing fat has never been a problem for me. I was always skinny growing up. Since hitting 40, my waist has been slowly growing. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

CruiseVeteran2, you look awesome in a speedo! Do you have a variety of suits? I tend to like solids with 3" sides.

Yes, I have several varietys. All mine are 1 1/2- 2 inch sides with full backs. Im not really into thongs.. Thats where i draw the line.. LOL.

I started wearing that style of swimwear after a Trip to Cape Hatteras summer of 1985, when i forgot to take something to swim in.. I took my truck down there to drive on the beach. Also its in a area where there is very few people and no condos, hotels, etc. I wanted to go swimming. So I took my shorts off and swam in my underwear for the rest of the weekend I was there. My underwear still looked liked speedos, so the people that did see me didnt even bad a eye and nobody else cared. So from that day forward I continued to wear them and it didnt matter where I was, whether it was a public beach with tons of people or a cruise, or hotel pool. Why should I be the one to have half my body covered when you have women that look like Honey Boo Boo wearing far less?? AS long as I stay in shape and not get to old to where my skin isnt faling off, I will continue wearing them. LOL.