Balcony amenities

salboz

What does RCL put in the bathrooms of their balconies? Any separate items or just the dispenser on the wall?

Bars of soap and a dispenser of conditioning shampoo on the wall.

On our Allure cruise a couple of years ago, they were supplying small containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. I don't know if they still do that.

Bars of soap and a dispenser of conditioning shampoo on the wall.

On our Allure cruise a couple of years ago, they were supplying small containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. I don't know if they still do that.

They had those on Allure on Boardwalk Balcony this past September.

AFAIK it is a cake of soap and the combined shampoo/conditioner on the wall. That's what we had in a D2 on Radiance. Very disappointing and cheap IMO as one of the nice things is to check out the"products". Celebrity does much better. I understand that suites have upgraded amenities.

AFAIK it is a cake of soap and the combined shampoo/conditioner on the wall. That's what we had in a D2 on Radiance. Very disappointing and cheap IMO as one of the nice things is to check out the"products". Celebrity does much better. I understand that suites have upgraded amenities.

Yes, but they are few and far between. Many times you have to keep asking for them, and sometimes the steward runs out of them before the trip ends. The product is made by Gilchrist & Soames a British company and they are very nice. I have very long hair and one tube of shampoo and one of conditioner just do my hair, so I need new products every time I wash my hair, and if I share my cabin, then that is double the amount.

Rev

What does RCL put in the bathrooms of their balconies? Any separate items or just the dispenser on the wall?

My balcony didn't have a bathroom.

.....but it did have a couple chairs, table, and a great view from where I sat!

:D

We were on the Vision last month. Just mystery gel on the wall in the shower and bars of soap near the sink. FWIW, wife brings her own stuff, and I don't care so this is not a big deal to me. My wife has long hair though, and she would not cruise if she had to use what they supplied.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, but they are few and far between. Many times you have to keep asking for them, and sometimes the steward runs out of them before the trip ends. The product is made by Gilchrist & Soames a British company and they are very nice. I have very long hair and one tube of shampoo and one of conditioner just do my hair, so I need new products every time I wash my hair, and if I share my cabin, then that is double the amount.

Rev

You use a whole little bottle of shampoo to wash your hair? I'm not being critical...but are you Crystal Gayle?

JMO, but the soft water makes it sudsy, and just a little works for us, half teaspoon, maybe.

Everyone is different....but I find that amazing to use a whole little bottle for one wash. :)

Thanks everyone. I see I need to pack my own. Just trying to minimize what I bring, but guess this is not the area to do that. How cheap.

Yep - my thoughts exactly!

Don't think the cabins include robes either now unless you are are in a suite or a upper C&A member but someone will be able to clarify for me I am sure. I am remembering a post where some one said that if you are D, just ask your stateroom attendant for robes.

C&A platinum and above members should get robes but really anybody else can always ask the cabin attendant if they have any spares.

As for bathroom products, if you are very picky on what you need then you should bring your own. I really don't mind so whatever in the dispenser and a bar of soap is suffice for me.

C&A platinum and above members should get robes but really anybody else can always ask the cabin attendant if they have any spares.

As for bathroom products, if you are very picky on what you need then you should bring your own. I really don't mind so whatever in the dispenser and a bar of soap is suffice for me.

I know that many people do take their own toiletries and others are happy with what is provided - my comment is that it is a bit cheap on the part of RCI who advertises itself as an 'award winning' line and delivering a 'royal experience'. It won't stop me sailing however, and not worth getting into a tizz about.

I know that many people do take their own toiletries and others are happy with what is provided - my comment is that it is a bit cheap on the part of RCI who advertises itself as an 'award winning' line and delivering a 'royal experience'. It won't stop me sailing however, and not worth getting into a tizz about.

We're talking about the little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion that you'll get in nice hotels, right? Yes, on Celebrity in the Aqua Class cabins you'll get them. But you're also paying more for them (along with some other amenities). Personally I don't think having a shower soap dispenser means that the experience is not royal. It's practical. As you said, not worth getting worked up about.

FWIW, the amenities are upgraded in the junior suite. Not that it matters to my wife, she prefers her own stuff.

The only perk of booking a balcony.....is the balcony.

Shame as it's not a cheap way to cruise and a little bit of extra would be appreciated.

Guess us peasants who book balconys will just have to stump with the sea view.bummer :))

I think most woman like what they like and will always bring there own.unless they have quite short hair.

Our very first cruise was Viking Serenade in 1993! I don't recall robes but that was a long time ago. :o:D

They had a pajama party and encouraged everyone to wear their robes. :D That's the only reason I remember. :D:):D

Archived