Half Moon Cay - Booking thru Holland America

arlsvera

I am going on a Holland America cruise in November. I want to reserve a cabana at Half Moon Cay. I know I can do this online ... just wondering when they will open up the reservations? Right now, it just says that there are no "shore excursions" available at this time. Am I looking in the right place??

Which one should I get? :D:D:D

Leaving this for me????;)

Any cabana is better than no cabana!!!

By the way, booked a B2B for next Feb, and per DW's command, two stops at HMC. Plus it is on Noordam, which will have Retreat Cabanas as well....So, needless to say I am also waiting for HAL to open bookings for Winter 2013-14 Caribbean excursions.

Check with others on your rollcall.

Give each other a 'heads up' when they become available.

We're also booked on Noordam in February and will most likely have to wait for some time before these become available. (and also the Retreat Cabanas;))

By the way, booked a B2B for next Feb, and per DW's command, two stops at HMC. Plus it is on Noordam, which will have Retreat Cabanas as well....So, needless to say I am also waiting for HAL to open bookings for Winter 2013-14 Caribbean excursions.

Unfortunately, RSVP has chartered with MSC next year. We stop at Great Stirrup Cay which has cabanas.

I'm starting to feel they will regret that decision and be back at HAL the following year. HAL always treated us right, but they said HAL couldn't match the pricing.

I am pretty sure that a Carnival ship will be at Half Moon Cay with us (boo.. crowds!). Does each cruise line get half of the cabanas in this situation? I know the booking process is different -- and I will check the Holland America site daily for availability -- but this makes it even harder to get a cabana!!

I am pretty sure that a Carnival ship will be at Half Moon Cay with us (boo.. crowds!). Does each cruise line get half of the cabanas in this situation? I know the booking process is different -- and I will check the Holland America site daily for availability -- but this makes it even harder to get a cabana!!

Holland America never shares HMC with a Carnival ship. Occaisionally a HAL ship will share with another HAL ship, or Carnival with another Carnival ship, but the two lines don't mix at HMC.

If you saw that some where, the Carnival ship will change it's schedule.

CruiserBruce ... I am so happy to hear that! I was not looking forward to sharing the island! But I saw that a Carnival ship was sharing Half Moon Cay when I checked TWO of those sites that show which ships are in each port on any given day. I'm going to believe you because that is what I want to hear!!

As Bruce mentioned, only one cruise line at a time. If there is going to be another ship, it would be a HAL ship.

If not, you get the entire island to yourselves.

CruiserBruce ... I am so happy to hear that! I was not looking forward to sharing the island! But I saw that a Carnival ship was sharing Half Moon Cay when I checked TWO of those sites that show which ships are in each port on any given day. I'm going to believe you because that is what I want to hear!!

Those sites are also known to be highly unreliable. It's likely you will be the only ship there.

Based on what Bruce said, I went to the Carnival site and checked the itinerary for the specific ship that was supposed to be at Half Moon Cay with us.. and it is not scheduled to be there. Yay! I don't want to share the island. We've been there before and it is the most beautiful place on earth .. crowds would tarnish the experience.

Based on what Bruce said, I went to the Carnival site and checked the itinerary for the specific ship that was supposed to be at Half Moon Cay with us.. and it is not scheduled to be there. Yay! I don't want to share the island. We've been there before and it is the most beautiful place on earth .. crowds would tarnish the experience.

That island was never to accommodate the masses that two ships brings.

When HAL bought it in 1997, they designed it with their ships in mind. Smaller. Now, Carnival is bringing more than one of the mega ships at a time.

Archived